Hardest DVC Rooms to Get?

Where are the dvc 2br at Kidani located?
( I’ve stayed twice at a 2br yet for the life of me can’t recall the floor...)

Can anyone tell me what dvc’s have 2
bathrooms? Those would be 2 br units that have 2 bathrooms... is that correct? Any other set ups?

I’m debating ...on a surprise for family but we must have 2 bathrooms .. at least 1 br, though at worse a studio type... do they have an xtra bathroom??

All rooms at Kidani, other than GVs, are either dedicated 2BRs or lock-off 2BRs and those are both located together throughout the resort.

The Kidani and BLT 1BRs have two separate bathrooms (and three in a 2BR); those 1BRs also have the extra twin size sleeper chair in the living room to sleep a fifth. One bedrooms at other WDW resorts have one bathroom, although VGF has an extra shower and pull-down murphy bed, and OKW and Jambo, except for value rooms, have the sleeper chair.

Last edited:
I'm really hoping to score a 2BR (Savanna) or 2 Savanna View studios at AKL in October next year. It's not my home resort sooooooo, it's sketchy. :scared:

I think you’d have a decent shot at a dedicated 2 BR savanna view at Kidani but probably not Jambo. 2 studios might be difficult as they tend to book up more quickly and you can only book 1 villa at a time.

I think you’d have a decent shot at a dedicated 2 BR savanna view at Kidani but probably not Jambo. 2 studios might be difficult as they tend to book up more quickly and you can only book 1 villa at a time.

While I love AKL I've never actually stayed there. We are taking some friends and their 7 year old, first visit for all of them. We figured he would LOVE the Savanna. Is Kidani not as "great" as Jambo? I always just go look around the lobby and eat at Boma (my FAV).

While I love AKL I've never actually stayed there. We are taking some friends and their 7 year old, first visit for all of them. We figured he would LOVE the Savanna. Is Kidani not as "great" as Jambo? I always just go look around the lobby and eat at Boma (my FAV).
We’ve only stayed there once (this spring). As far as which is greater I think it depends on your travel party/plans. There are less DVC villas at Jambo house than Kidani and many people prefer closer access to the multiple restaurants/bars/amenities at Jambo House.
However Kidani has the kids splash area which is pretty awesome. My son enjoyed that pool/splash area much more than Jambo’s pool. Kidani 2 bedroom villas also have an extra bath compared to Jambo house which is nice if you have a larger party sharing the villa. Kidani is also the first stop for theme park buses so you have better access to seats (if that matters). You can easily walk between the two resorts or hop on the shuttle

We’ve only stayed there once (this spring). As far as which is greater I think it depends on your travel party/plans. There are less DVC villas at Jambo house than Kidani and many people prefer closer access to the multiple restaurants/bars/amenities at Jambo House.
However Kidani has the kids splash area which is pretty awesome. My son enjoyed that pool/splash area much more than Jambo’s pool. Kidani 2 bedroom villas also have an extra bath compared to Jambo house which is nice if you have a larger party sharing the villa. Kidani is also the first stop for theme park buses so you have better access to seats (if that matters). You can easily walk between the two resorts or hop on the shuttle

Awesome! Thanks so much for the information. Sounds like a toss up between the two and that you can't really go wrong either way.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the information. Sounds like a toss up between the two and that you can't really go wrong either way.
All Jambo two bedroom villas are lockoffs. And there is no separate shower in the master bathroom. And the master bathroom isn't really in the master bedroom like every other master bathroom. It's kind of across the hall from the master bedroom. Studios, lots of owners like Jambo House. One, two bedrooms, lots of owners like Kidani Village.

I love the opulent lobby, restaurants and bars at Jambo. But we stayed in a dedicated 2BR at Kidani and loved it there too. You can’t go wrong.

All rooms at Kidani, other than GVs, are either dedicated 2BRs or lock-off 2BRs and those are both located together throughout the resort.

The Kidani and BLT 1BRs have two separate bathrooms (and three in a 2BR); those 1BRs also have the extra twin size sleeper chair in the living room to sleep a fifth. One bedrooms at other WDW resorts have one bathroom, although VGF has an extra shower and pull-down murphy bed, and OKW and Jambo, except for value rooms, have the sleeper chair.

Thx, appreciate the help. I’ve stayed Kidani 2br ..but was curious if I could get a 2 bathroom unit ..with a 1 bedroom. Figured not but ya never know, lol.
It’s for 4 adults, and each couple wants a bathroom but one couple willing to use a pullout.
Oh well... back to multiple rooms again.

The hardest room, that I was ever successful at booking, was a two-bedroom with two queen beds at BCV, in June, at the 7 month mark. I took my two college age sons and my 14 year old nephew for 8 days. It was great.

Thx, appreciate the help. I’ve stayed Kidani 2br ..but was curious if I could get a 2 bathroom unit ..with a 1 bedroom. Figured not but ya never know, lol.
It’s for 4 adults, and each couple wants a bathroom but one couple willing to use a pullout.
Poly studios have 2 part bathrooms. One room has shower with tub , sink and toilet and other has shower and sink.

Kidani 1bedrooms have 2 bathrooms as do BLT 1bedrooms.

You might have misunderstood my post. I mentioned that all the rooms at Kidani other than GV's are dedicated or lock-off 2BRs. The 2BR lock-offs are the 1BRs and studios at Kidani, and all those 1BRs have two separate bathrooms, one master serving the bedroom and another between the front door area and the kitchen. BLT is the other option with a similar set-up for having two bathrooms in a 1BR. If desire is room that sleeps four in two separate rooms (a living room and bedroom) and has two separate bathrooms, both Kidani and BLT 1BRs would be ideal.

6th floor. Worst views at the resort.

:earsboy: Bill

View is not great, but if you like quiet rooms, they are the best for that. I have never stayed at AKV and had a good nigh't sleep, unless on the top floor. It always sounds like elephants and hippos are playing football above us. Reminds me of the soccer game in Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

Haven't stayed there after the remodel but prior, people noise from the lounge and outside our door, kids running in the hallway was not quiet.

:earsboy: Bill

Still amazed that I got a 2 bedroom at Grand Californian for Memorial Day - still amazed we got it and it was amazing

Now that people can walk a reservation on line without waiting for MS to open, I expect that many of these hard to book rooms will not even be available at the 11 month mark during peak times, e.g. BWV standard throughout fall frenzy. If you want to book then, I wouldn't be surprised if walking is the only way to score one of these rooms.
As I understand it, you still need to call MS to modify your reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!