Harmony of the Seas: 2 Questions

jkw4afh

Earning My Ears
Hey Everyone!

These boards have been SOOOO helpful in the past in planning for Disney trips. THANK YOU!!

We have a Royal Caribbean cruise coming up in a couple weeks, and I have a couple questions:

1) Our travel agent put our entire group on My Time Dining. We just found out about this and don't want My Time Dining. When on the RC app, looks like both Early Dining and Late Dining are full and we can't switch. Once we get onboard, will they be able to switch us to a standard seating dinner? Or will we need to stick with My Time?

2) Also, looks like we aren't able to book the shows (including the Aqua Show). What are the chances of getting in the standby line and being able to get a seat?

Any other tips? I'm open to all of them!

Thank you!!

Not sure about the dining.

My wife and I were just on the Wonder of the Seas recently. We had a reservation for the late aqua theater show, but she was tired. We were able to go to the standby line and watch the earlier show,

Regarding the dining... you should be able to be put on a wait list for traditional dining. Try to do so before you board (go through your TA). If you can't before you board, yes, go to the dining room and try to get it changed. They'll be able to if there's space.

Regarding the shows, I believe the comedy show (at least on other Oasis class ships) is the only one that all but requires reservations to see (because the venue is so small). I think they also hold some reservations for once you get on board. Start asking where you can make show reservations once on board. If you can't get reservations, you can probably see the shows via standby/walkup seating, but you may not get prime seats or seats together.

You can go to the dining room and request to be moved to traditional dining. You can also request to have the same server every night in MTD.

There is also a phone number you can call to schedule show reservations on board. You can also try reserving them while you are waiting in the terminal by connecting to the ship wifi from the app.

You mentioned your group but didn't say how large it is. It will be much more difficult for a larger group to get moved to set dining times this close to your cruise, but it never hurts to try. Make sure you have your travel agent put you on the waiting list for the early/late dining. If you booked directly with RC, give them a call and they can do this for you. As soon as you get on the ship, go straight to the dining room and stand in the line to talk to the dining reservation desk. You'll want to have handy the cabin #s of the others in your group.

As for shows, as someone else mentioned above, start booking on the app as soon as you board. If not successful, then for each show just go line up in the "no reservations" line early (I'd be at the doors/rope 30 mins before showtime), you shouldn't have a problem get in. However, depending upon the size of your group, you may not be able to sit together depending upon how deep you are in the standby line.

After years of doing Fixed Time dining when my kids were younger, we are now big proponents of My Time Dining mainly because find the 530 and 830 fixed dining times are not good matches for us. For example, we always found we had to rush to be ready to eat at 530, and the later option was too late .

If you pre-book your My Time Dining times on the Cruise planner, the experience will not be much different (if at all) from Fixed dining. You won't have to wait long to get seated because you prebooked, you will likely be seated at the same table(s) with the same servers for your entire cruise. If you have a larger party you may want to do this sooner than later to get your choice of available times that I believe begin at 6 or 630. Your travel agent should be able to book this for you.

MTD
After years of doing Fixed Time dining when my kids were younger, we are now big proponents of My Time Dining mainly because find the 530 and 830 fixed dining times are not good matches for us. For example, we always found we had to rush to be ready to eat at 530, and the later option was too late .

If you pre-book your My Time Dining times on the Cruise planner, the experience will not be much different (if at all) from Fixed dining. You won't have to wait long to get seated because you prebooked, you will likely be seated at the same table(s) with the same servers for your entire cruise. If you have a larger party you may want to do this sooner than later to get your choice of available times that I believe begin at 6 or 630. Your travel agent should be able to book this for you.
MTD starts for reservations at 645 I believe. You can show up early and wait for folks to finish/no show early traditional, but you can't reserve a time before 645 MTD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter