Harriet the Spy...

iheartjacksparrow

Mouseketeer
Anyone else think it's strange that Disney now has a Harriet the Spy: Blog Wars movie playing on Disney Channel, but back in the 90's Nickelodean had a Harriet the Spy movie which I think is quite similiar?

I was a little confused when I heard about it. Then I found out that even though the author of the original Harriet the Spy novel has died, new books have been written in an attempt to turn it into a series. So I guess the blog thing is one of the new books...?

Yeah I was actually just talking to my mom about it. I didn't even know it was originally a book. I really thought Disney stole the idea from Nick and just figured everyone forgot about the movie since it's pretty old now. :rotfl:

I didn't know that the author died though? Are they trying to make the movie a new series or a new book series?

Harriet the Spy was my FAVORITE book as a kid. I still have my VERY dog earred copy. I read it over and over. The movie with Rosie O'Donnell was awful and I don't have much hope for the Disney series. :guilty:

Well if you remember in the original Harriet the Spy book and movie she wrote her observations down in a notebook. I figure this is the Information Age take on Harriet. Because imagining if she wrote those observations of hers down in the relative anonymity of the blogosphere brings about any number of plot twists and turns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter