Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Thanks! I use Uni-posca brand paint markers. They are the best! The description says they are water based pigment ink. I used Extra Fine Point markers and sprayed 2 coats of Matte Acrylic over them.

Awesome - thank you! Never heard of them, but I'm always up for new art supplies. Going to look them up now!

Can't wait to get my MB's. Got our luggage tags. How long before your trip did you all get your bands?

What kind of adhesive does everyone use? Is it waterproof?

I saw disney buttons at walmart today and they would be perfect on our bands, but need to know what to glue them on with.

View attachment 293704

Here's my custom band that I got from magicyourbands.com. I found the pattern by doing searches online for Disney fabric. I thought it was perfect for my trip during the Festival of the Arts!

I have that fabric, and had the same thoughts when I bought it -- a nice combo of Mondrian and Mickey! :) The pattern looks awesome on your band!

I'm having a hard time finding anything about using vinyl on magic bands, so I thought I would post my experience.

I designed the decals in Silhouette Studio and cut them out of Orcale 651 vinyl. I'm under the impression this is what people on Etsy are making their Magic Band decals with. I used transfer tape to move the design over all at once, but I had a difficult time getting the vinyl to stick - I had to really rub it down and oh so carefully peel off the transfer tape, sometimes having to pick at the vinyl to get it to release from the tape and stick to the band. I then hit the bands with a hair dryer on high heat to warm it up and rubbed down the vinyl more - the heat helps the adhesive activate and adhere better. I was worried the heat might damage the chips in the band, but they worked perfectly.

We wore them on a week long trip, including a full day at the water parks. We wore them constantly, and we were not gentle with them. They held up surprisingly well. Some of the smaller pieces peeled up and were lost, but I was expecting that. Pieces that had skinny, pointed corners would fold up at the tip and leave a little raggedy bit, but we just clipped off the sticking-up parts with nail clippers.

WHAT I LEARNED - Orcale 651 is hard to get to stick to the band initially, but it holds up well. Designs with smooth, rounded shapes are better than things with points and corners. I think designs in multiple pieces are also better - it allowed the band room to flex without the vinyl puckering or wrinkling. I will absolutely use vinyl again, and I'm going to try that stronger, better Oracle 751 next time.

I think I'm done messing with them. Maybe? :thumbsup2:thumbsup2::yes::

>Did you have any trouble getting the bands to scan with all the embellishments over the chip (Mickey)? I've been looking for ideas and some have said not to cover the Mickey because then it won't scan. Thanks!

>Did you have any trouble getting the bands to scan with all the embellishments over the chip (Mickey)? I've been looking for ideas and some have said not to cover the Mickey because then it won't scan. Thanks!
Really beautiful...can't wait to get mine! Lot's of folks cover the mickey and say they have no problem...so I don't know.

I bought one of the new light pink Magic Bands on eBay on Monday and it arrived on Thursday, so I decided to bling it out for our upcoming trip.

Attachments

• Rose Gold MB new.jpg
    Rose Gold MB new.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Rose Gold MB closeup.jpg
    Rose Gold MB closeup.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I bought one of the new light pink Magic Bands on eBay on Monday and it arrived on Thursday, so I decided to bling it out for our upcoming trip.

20180111_204502_zpsrjjng4cd.jpg

20180111_210654_zpsvs9sl2ty.jpg
20180111_210755_zpstc6vvx8q.jpg
Oh that's really pretty! How do you link up your band when u buy it on ebay?

There is a 12 digit code on the inside of the band (usually where your name is when you get them as part of your resort reservation). My band came sealed in box, so I knew it was new and it gave me no issues linking it to my MDE account.

There is a 12 digit code on the inside of the band (usually where your name is when you get them as part of your resort reservation). My band came sealed in box, so I knew it was new and it gave me no issues linking it to my MDE account.
Oh, good to know, I had no idea...I'm going to look on ebay...more to play with!

no problems at all! I've read not to use any metal because that could cause problems. On my Christmas bands I use foam stickers and those worked fine also. I do always bring a plain band to use in the pool. I don't know if constant exposure to water would be good for them. lol

Here is my first one...we doing a split stay and I’m doing my DIL as well. It’s just nail stickers and a clear coat of polish.
I could not get the center out even with the smallest tool...it would have been way easier to to without it as I didnt want to put any design there.
61BDCBE0-6298-4370-ABE9-C3CA18F1F551.jpeg

20180111_204502_zpsrjjng4cd.jpg

20180111_210654_zpsvs9sl2ty.jpg
20180111_210755_zpstc6vvx8q.jpg

The pictures aren’t working. Can you post it again? I’d love to see a design with the new light pink band.

Here is my first one...we doing a split stay and I’m doing my DIL as well. It’s just nail stickers and a clear coat of polish.
I could not get the center out even with the smallest tool...it would have been way easier to to without it as I didnt want to put any design there.
View attachment 299547
I have been looking everywhere for nail decals. Where did you get yours? They are so pretty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter