Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

We received our free MBs for our upcoming stay, so I decided to decorate ours and the couple that is traveling with us. The glitter is 3 coats of OPI nail polish with a top coat of Dior Nail Glow, and I used E6000 to attach the gems. The black Mickey heads are two coats of Sharpie and a top coat of Dior Nail Glow. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Purple MBs.jpg
    Purple MBs.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 128
  • Orange and Blue MB.jpg
    Orange and Blue MB.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 123
We received our free MBs for our upcoming stay, so I decided to decorate ours and the couple that is traveling with us. The glitter is 3 coats of OPI nail polish with a top coat of Dior Nail Glow, and I used E6000 to attach the gems. The black Mickey heads are two coats of Sharpie and a top coat of Dior Nail Glow. Enjoy!
I like how you accented the centers...came out nice!

Love the purple. What color OPI did you use on the one on the left?

View attachment 300539 Here are the four I did with nail stickers, nail polish and tattoos. All real simple to do. I do like how they came out.
They turned out super. Unfortunately living in the UK they won’t mail us ours ahead of time, so no decorating here, sadly. But I’m a bit addicted to the bands so have amassed a small collection of purchased ones during my last couple of trips.

They turned out super. Unfortunately living in the UK they won’t mail us ours ahead of time, so no decorating here, sadly. But I’m a bit addicted to the bands so have amassed a small collection of purchased ones during my last couple of trips.
LOL....I know right...I have so many now! My daughter bought me one for Christmas...Haunted Mansion Glow in the Dark. I took it in my closet to check it out. Good thing I didn't lock myself in while in there admiring my band...LOL!

After much back and forth about using a theme or not for bands (Star Wars, Toy Story, Princes and Princesses, etc.), we came to the conclusion that we will do everyone's favorite character. DS1 wants Peter Pan and his GF said Jiminy Cricket or Moana, DS2 wants Stitch and his GF wants Pooh, DH wants Mr. Incredible or Baloo and I'm doing Maleficent for me. I plan to use either Tsum Tsum or emoji images of the faces on the puck and then add little images that correspond with them on the band. I will leave the bands themselves the original color. The last two times I painted the entire bands and they cracked a bit from taking them on and off. We still have almost 3 months before our trip so I have time to design and play with them. I'll post the final results.

Our most recent bands.....I LOVE doing bands each trip!

I am getting ready for the arrival of our next set but it’s been a couple of years since I have painted some. What do you use? I can’t temember what I used as a base coat, if I needed one. I used acrylic paint for the design and a spray on waterproof sealant for the finished bands but I was curious what other people who paint are using....?

I am getting ready for the arrival of our next set but it’s been a couple of years since I have painted some. What do you use? I can’t temember what I used as a base coat, if I needed one. I used acrylic paint for the design and a spray on waterproof sealant for the finished bands but I was curious what other people who paint are using....?
my most recent I did not use a base coat, painted with nail polish and used a top coat to seal. easy peasy!

my most recent I did not use a base coat, painted with nail polish and used a top coat to seal. easy peasy!

Oh you didn’t use a base coat at all! Maybe I don’t need one then, I wish I had written it down last time but I didn’t and now I’m old and can’t remember anything!

I used to use nail polish exclusively then I switched to acrylics to change the band color and then would use either acrylics or nail polish for accents. Newest is leather paint though and I LOVE that. Best of all of them. With nail polish and acrylics I did always do a base coat. I do a sealer on any of them to help protect them.

I used to use nail polish exclusively then I switched to acrylics to change the band color and then would use either acrylics or nail polish for accents. Newest is leather paint though and I LOVE that. Best of all of them. With nail polish and acrylics I did always do a base coat. I do a sealer on any of them to help protect them.

what kind of base coat do you use? nail polish base coat? i really liked the acrylics but thats probably because i am familiar with them as i use them for other projects. I have never heard of leather paint, where do you get it? online?

Also, what kind of sealant do you use? Mine was a spray waterproof sealant but it cracked a little where the bands bent alot around the kids wrists. Do you use something that doesnt crack?

Just beginning to paint bands for our summer trip (have extra unpainted bands from last trip). Started with this request from my adult nephew. He's never wanted anything painted before, so it was worth the effort. The straight lines were crazy difficult, but I think he will be satisfied.

Chicago Cubs.JPG

what kind of base coat do you use? nail polish base coat? i really liked the acrylics but thats probably because i am familiar with them as i use them for other projects. I have never heard of leather paint, where do you get it? online?

Also, what kind of sealant do you use? Mine was a spray waterproof sealant but it cracked a little where the bands bent alot around the kids wrists. Do you use something that doesnt crack?

I used a cheap nail polish base coat - usually wet n wild I think - both for the base and the top coat as it did not seem as rigid as top coat so didn't crack as much. I've tried a spray acrylic and brush on acrylic sealer which did ok but in all cases one has to be a little careful in taking the bands on and off - I think it's almost impossible to not get at least some minor cracks towards the band ends. because of the multiple layers of nail polish or paint that I'd use on a band. It all adds up to less flexibility. But careful on and off of the bands was usually fine. Also as much as possible I'd try and keep the band in the shape it would be worn while designing to minimize cracking during use.

The leather paint I've bought on amazon but I think one could also probably find it in a shoe repair place. It's similar in price to nail polish but since it's designed to go on leather it's much more flexible. I like that it's easily mixed too to get custom colors and it's easier to design with. I got a sealer for it that is more or less a brush on acrylic sealer but because what's underneath is more flexible I've seen no visible cracking and haven't had to handle it in any special way.

Our most recent bands.....I LOVE doing bands each trip!

LOVE these! I did Tiana for one of my previous bands and I'm doing Stitch for DS's next one. Great details one these.

Just beginning to paint bands for our summer trip (have extra unpainted bands from last trip). Started with this request from my adult nephew. He's never wanted anything painted before, so it was worth the effort. The straight lines were crazy difficult, but I think he will be satisfied.

View attachment 308472

Really cool design! I wanna go during Spring training again, and that would be a cool design to do for a band for DH and our favorite team- the Astros. You could alter that set up you did for really any team. Very precise painting too- nice job!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!