Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

Love that last one Violetspider! DS2 just saw it and asked if you do them professionally. I said I don't think so and he said you should! I showed him the PotC one you did and he really loved that one.

We just got our bands Mon. but between DS's band concert last night, Ultimate Frisbee state tournament this weekend, trying to get the house spruced up for family coming to visit for graduation the next weekend, and work, I may not get to painting them till two weeks before we leave. I hope that gives me enough time to do all 6! I am excited to try the leather paints this time.

Love that last one Violetspider! DS2 just saw it and asked if you do them professionally. I said I don't think so and he said you should! I showed him the PotC one you did and he really loved that one.

We just got our bands Mon. but between DS's band concert last night, Ultimate Frisbee state tournament this weekend, trying to get the house spruced up for family coming to visit for graduation the next weekend, and work, I may not get to painting them till two weeks before we leave. I hope that gives me enough time to do all 6! I am excited to try the leather paints this time.

Thank you for that. Honestly I can't draw, so painting these can take days of trial and error. I could never do them for a price point that anyone in their right mind would want to pay. There are some really good artists on ETSY that do them for like $50. I could never meet that kind of price for the time these take me.

As far as your trip, I bet you will pull it off. I'm always scrambling toward the end. I'm currently trying to put my house on the market at the same time as trying to make coordinating ears, cinch sacks, tank tops and Magic Bands for our trip. Disney insanity has taken over.

Last edited:

Seriously running out of time to complete all of the bands that I want to wear during my upcoming trip. I just now finished a band to wear at Epcot, having chosen to mashup the old with the new (my rendition of the new Disney Compass and the old Epcot Icon Logos of my favored rides). I've got a great idea for a Guardians of the Galaxy band, but luckily for me that's a few years down the road. :drive:

Epcot2.jpg

Last edited:

Seriously running out of time to complete all of the bands that I want to wear during my upcoming trip. I just now finished a band to wear at Epcot, having chosen to mashup the old with the new (my rendition of the new Disney Compass and the old Epcot Icon Logos of my favored rides). I've got a great idea for a Guardians of the Galaxy band, but luckily for me that's a few years down the road. :drive:

I need to come up with something for July 4th week. :scratchin:scratchin:scratchin Hopefully the bands will be coming any day now. ::yes::::yes::::yes::

If I could make bands with magic markers they could be awesome, but my hand is totally unsteady to use tiny paint brushes so I tend to go overall gawdy with craft items instead.

I need to come up with something for July 4th week. :scratchin:scratchin:scratchin Hopefully the bands will be coming any day now. ::yes::::yes::::yes::

If I could make bands with magic markers they could be awesome, but my hand is totally unsteady to use tiny paint brushes so I tend to go overall gawdy with craft items instead.

I say the same thing about markers! I can draw, but the painting definitely makes it challenging! At least the acrylic and leather paints wipe or wash off easily and can be painted over if you make a mistake. I got my 6 painted over the last two days between doing laundry and other stuff around the house. I still need to spray seal but I had to hide them last night since DS2's GF came over for dinner. I'll post pictures when they're all done.

Hi everyone! OP here. I just started reading the boards again after being away for a couple of years. I came across this thread and can't believe how it has evolved. I'll have to say I feel a bit famous. Lol! I started this thread the first year we had magic bands. It is so amazing to see the results of the artistic creativity going into all these magic bands. Who would have thought that so much could be done to a little rubber band! Can't wait to decorate mine when the time comes! Thanks too all for sharing!

View attachment 326577

I was wondering how many coats of leather paint did you have to apply to make the band white?

edited to add: I painted my band with three coats of white leather paint and it could still use another coat. I then turned over the band and realized I had painted my husband's band white, not mine. Seriously??? Only me...

Last edited:
I was wondering how many coats of leather paint did you have to apply to make the band white?

edited to add: I painted my band with three coats of white leather paint and it could still use another coat. I then turned over the band and realized I had painted my husband's band white, not mine. Seriously??? Only me...

You can just switch the center pucks and only have to paint that part if you need it white.

Sorry, at WDW now and just saw your question. I wanted it really white, so I did 5 or 6 coats of leather paint. A bit of overkill, but it looks very white.

Sorry, at WDW now and just saw your question. I wanted it really white, so I did 5 or 6 coats of leather paint. A bit of overkill, but it looks very white.

The black covered so easily but the white, that’s a different story. :rotfl::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter