Has anyone decorated their Magic Bands? Please show us the pictures!

What kind of adhesive do people recommend using for small, clear bling? Also, is there a place you recommend purchasing them online? We're not looking for Swasorski or anything like that, just fake gems. :)
With respect to adhesive, E6000 works best IMO.

Attachments

• 23210001-23210001-image-23210001.jpg
    23210001-23210001-image-23210001.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 2
Things may have improved but we used nail polish a few years ago and it quickly cracked and some places chipped. Could be how I did it but that was our experience.

I can't believe this thread is still trucking!! I first posted here in 2014 and then off and on for the next couple years as we did trips and planning. Haven't been back to the World since 2016 and now finally get to go again. On a whim I checked in here to see if people still decorated since you can get the fancy bands now. So cool to see people still do! So now to decide... fight the "upgrade" system or decorate my own as in the past? Hmm. Going to back read now and see what people have been doing with the new style bands!

Haven't posted here in awhile, but that's because I went to Disneyland for my annual trip last year...no Magic Bands...yuk! Having to keep my resort card, park admission card, Photopass card and credit card on hand all day everyday was a pain to say the least. Anyway, going to WDW in July unless Covid 19 has different plans. Have a number of bands on hand to paint, including a few each belonging to family members that never got painted in the past. Covid 19 social distancing has me painting up a storm right now.

Here is the first. My version of Ink & Paint to go with the Ink & Paint Mickey Ears that I made a few months ago.

Ink & Paint.JPGFestival of the Arts Duo.jpg

The next is a remake of a Tangled design that I painted on an original 1.0 band. This was not my original design. I saw it on Pinterest a few years ago and copied it. I thank the OP for that, it's a wonderful design. I like this on the 2.0 band a lot. So much more space to paint the sun image.

Tangled 2.jpg

Last edited:
Last one completed at the moment for my nephew that requested a Philharmagic inspired band. Very tough request since I'm really not very good at drawing. My solution was to copy Disney's Philharmagic band, but I changed the placement of the best image to the main area of the band rather than down the side. Time for another eyesight break...lol

Mickey Philharmagic Duo.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!