Has anyone ever done this?

Pja&raa

Earning My Ears
We are VERY interested in staying a week at Cooper Creek in early November but one of the dates that we need is not available - unfortunately it is a day right in the middle of the week. I was wondering if I could/should book the beginning of the week and the end of the week with points and pay out of pocket for the day that is not available (understanding that I am assuming that a cash room would be available). I figured I would waitlist this day as well and if it became available I could cancel the cash room.

So my question is. . .has anyone done this and if so were they able to link the 3 reservations so you didn't have to change rooms?

I would think that the resort would be able to keep you in one room

If you book the same type of room and view then the resort should be able to keep you in the room. But if you book a different type of room and/or view then most likely not.

Yes you can have the reservations linked.

Link the rooms ahead of time if you can. That way when the room assigners are doing their thing, they can keep you in the same room.

If you book the same type of room and view then the resort should be able to keep you in the room. But if you book a different type of room and/or view then most likely not.

Yes you can have the reservations linked.
good point on the same type of room.

good point on the same type of room.
Agree. If you are planning to get a studio, remember that there are two booking categories and make sure you get the same one for all 3 reservations. That's the only way to have a shot at staying in the same room. Good luck!

I've had success booking around an unavailable night twice. In both cases, I booked what was available and waitlisted the unavailable night. My worst-case scenario was that I would make a cash reservation at Pop Century for the mid-week night - but that didn't happen. Both times the waitlist came through. If you waitlist your mid-week night, I bet the waitlist will come through for you, too.

Points stays and cash stays (through Disney Reservation Center) have difficulty in getting linked.

But they could declare more inventory before your vacation and you might just get that waitlisted night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter