Has anyone ever purchased Disney Dollars with coins??

Chip126

<font color=CC66CC>A Tag is a Wish your Heart Make
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has every gone to the Disney Store to purchase Disney Dollars with rolled change??

Yesterday, I drove 1 hour to a Disney Store to make a return and to purchase disney dollars. I brought with me 3 rolls of coins (1 roll of quarters, 1 roll of dimes, and 1 roll of nickels).

I was told by the cast member that they really could not except the change because they would have to count it! They told me that there was a bank downstairs. Keep in mind, yesterday was Sunday (banks are closed) and it would have taken me longer to find the bank than it would have taken her to count 3 rolls of coins.

I did not argue with her, but I was a little disappointed. The store was not busy at all. There was only one other guest in line and there were two cast members standing behind the counter.

I would appreciate any comments you might have on this issue and again was just wondering if anyone else has been able to purchase Disney Dollars with rolled coins.

Many thanks,
Kim:)

Well I have never attempted this but I don't see what the big deal was. Its all money in the end and if they want it they will count it. That is there job. OK on the other side had the store been busy I wouldn't have asked but next time ask for a manager. As long as it is US currency they have to take it and count it. You might end up labled as the crazy person with the coins but you will get you Disney Dough in the end. Just my 2 pennies

Hlopoh,

There were two cast members behind the counter and I believe one of them was the manager. The cast member ringing me out asked the other cast member. I think they were lazy!!!

And if they think I'm crazy..........that's okay!!! I love to save my change for Disney Dollars.....every penny will help for my next trip in December!!

Thanks for your reply!
Kim

I've purchased DD with rolled change and I'm a CM. They should have taken your change. Currency is currency, and TDS has no policy against even huge bags of unrolled change. There have been many times I've waited patiently while a child counts out nickels and pennies from a Ziploc.

You are much nicer than I am. I would probably have been inclined to take all the change out of the wrapper, pile it on the counter and say "count that."

edited to add: Chip, I sent you a PM.

They wouldn't take 3 rolls?:confused: I see you're from Ct, Just curious which store you were at. I would go try it again and maybe speak to a manager.

I did! (in Virginia) I've done both rolled change and bags of change, and they never had a problem. Helped me count the bagged change and accepted the rolled change without even counting it! In fact, once they even thanked me for the change and dollar bills, because the manager didn't have to go to the bank that afternoon to get change because of me... :)

How strange that she wouldn't accept rolled coins. I've never tried to use them at a Disney store but I've used rolled coins at lots of other places with no problem.

Katholyn

In many cases Disney will bend over backwards to satisfy guests, that just doesn't sound right to me about not wanting to count your coins. Almost ANY busy seems to appreciate having change on hand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter