Has anyone ever rerode a ride you hated and really liked liked it afterwards?

TaylorsDad

DIS Veteran
Although still not a big fan of the new fast and furious, I rode it a total of 3 time because ones opinion can change for many reasons even including which ride vehicle you are place within. However, this reminded me of the first time I rode the Hulk ride. I got off the ride feeling like my head was a pinball in a pinball machine. I decide I would never ride it again. Flash forward one year and I went with some family and my nephew talked me into riding it again. This time was pure magic and the Hulk is now one of my all time favorite rides. I think I just didn't have my head positioned properly in the headrest the previous year. Since then I make a point to ride something at least once or twice more before passing judgement. Anyone else with similar experiences?

Not rides that I really hated but rides I wasn't a big fan of, yes. I've had the opposite experience too where a ride I liked was not so great the second time. Position or Ride vehicle can make a big difference.

Sheikra in Busch Gardens was like that for me - the first time around, I was in the third row. You don't really hang over the drops, so it took a lot of the novelty out of the ride. The second time I was in the front row, and it was a totally different and much more exhilarating experience.

I had a tough time the first time I rode FJ, had to close my eyes a lot, and felt a bit queasy after. Last fall I tried it again after skipping it for a few years, and now I love it and go on it multiple times per visit. I think knowing the sequence of movements, screens helps your mind prepare. Also, as others have noted, front vs. back vs. center of the vehicle can make a big difference in the experience.

I wouldn't say that I hated or even disliked it, but The Mummy at USF has grown on me TREMENDOUSLY over time. I thought it was pretty "meh" the first time I rode it several years ago, then every time I went back each year I always found myself surprised at how much better it was than I remembered. Now it's one of my favorite rides at USF.

Rip ride rockit.

And I still don’t really like FJ, but I now know that I have to watch my hunger and thirst levels before riding or it makes me sick. I have to be in the sweet spot between having eaten but not too much and not too many hours before, and I have to not be dehydrated. Otherwise, ugh.

I dislike it less when I’ve made sure my body is ready for it. :)

We did F&F 3 times yesterday.......

We like to give rides a chance.......it was still dreadful after the 3rd ride. Will not ride again so no change of opinion from the first time.

Fallon we tried twice last year.......still hated it......couldn’t suffer him any more.

Rip ride rockit.

And I still don’t really like FJ, but I now know that I have to watch my hunger and thirst levels before riding or it makes me sick. I have to be in the sweet spot between having eaten but not too much and not too many hours before, and I have to not be dehydrated. Otherwise, ugh.

I dislike it less when I’ve made sure my body is ready for it. :)

That’s me exactly.

Got to have the full/not too full balance right.........and not have too much liquid swishing around.....but be hydrated.......lol......

Except Simpson’s........nothing works with that for me..........

F&F seemed to worsen for us no matter where in the car we sat.

Wasn’t a fan of Kong first ride thru. Going to chalk it up to being rather short & stuck in middle of car surrounded by giants:rolleyes1. Missed out on most of it. Now, we do multiple repeats each trip but have yet to brave the standby queue

We did not like the new Kong ride the first time through. We were squashed in the seats and my husband was stuck next to someone with terrible B.O.!
We decided to try one more time and we had a much better experience. We actually toured the outside before going into the indoor section. We didn't do that the other time.

Also - I really liked Rip Ride Rocket until last year. We both got off the ride and felt like we were in a car accident! Never again!

I find that for any thrill ride, I get very anxious about riding and really don't enjoy it the first time. I try to make myself go on again and usually like it as I know what to expect. I was absolutely terrified the first time I rode The Mummy- it is now my favorite UO ride!!

I wouldn't say hated - but I wasn't that keen on Transformers for some reason the first time I rode it. Maybe I was too visually overwhelmed to enjoy it or something. But on subsequent rides, I love it.

The Mummy.

First time I rode it, I hated it. I wasn’t prepared for the sudden stops, and being a smaller person, I really got thrown around. It was pretty painful. That one full on dead stop, sent me flying forward really hard, and things got squished, that shouldn’t get squished. That was all it took for me to be like never again.

Fast forward a couple of years, and the memory of the pain had faded, and I agreed to try it again. Knowing when the sudden stops were coming, I was able to brace, and I ended up loving it. It’s now one of my favorites.

I'm a rollercoaster wimp, only ones I would go on at Disney were BTMR, Space Mtn, and later the SDMT. I've never ridden the Aerosmith coaster and you won't get me on Hulk or Rip Rocket. I went on the Mummy the first time only because it was in the dark (I don't like seeing how high I am outdoors). Scared the living crap out of me the first time, but now it's my favorite rollercoaster ever and I ride it multiple times every trip. I love riding with newbies and enjoying their reactions.

I'm a rollercoaster wimp, only ones I would go on at Disney were BTMR, Space Mtn, and later the SDMT. I've never ridden the Aerosmith coaster and you won't get me on Hulk or Rip Rocket. I went on the Mummy the first time only because it was in the dark (I don't like seeing how high I am outdoors). Scared the living crap out of me the first time, but now it's my favorite rollercoaster ever and I ride it multiple times every trip. I love riding with newbies and enjoying their reactions.

Yep- love The Mummy. Even so, I still get anxious riding it for the first time each trip. But after that, I have to go a few more times before the end of the trip!

Yep- love The Mummy. Even so, I still get anxious riding it for the first time each trip. But after that, I have to go a few more times before the end of the trip!
Ha, ha, that's me as well. I don't know why I get nervous before the first ride, but once I do it, I'm ready to go on again.

We did F&F 3 times yesterday.......
We like to give rides a chance.......it was still dreadful after the 3rd ride. Will not ride again so no change of opinion from the first time.

Glad we weren't the only ones, we thought F&F was terrible too! Never again for us.

I'm hoping to feel that way about Avatar Flight of Passage. I was extremely unimpressed. I still think the ride was malfunctioning but my niece says that it wasn't.

I'm hoping to feel that way about Avatar Flight of Passage. I was extremely unimpressed. I still think the ride was malfunctioning but my niece says that it wasn't.

Sorry to hear that- we loved FOP. My favorite part was that you could feel the banshee breathing with your legs! The ride could have been having problems. It just happened to us last week on Gringotts. Something happened to the ride vehicle where we were facing the opposite direction of the visuals for a period of time. Then it went along fine. We had been on many times and knew it was malfunctioning, but if it were your first ride, you might have wondered what was going on.

I hope your next ride is great!!

Men In Black

First ride was a major disappointment, but that was our fault as we did not know what we were supposed to do.. who to shoot, how to shoot and etc. That trip it was a once, and done. Now we ride this multiple times each visit as it has become one of our favorites. Especially since we discovered the Immigration Tour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter