Has anyone ever rerode a ride you hated and really liked liked it afterwards?

I didn't like Kong the first time. In retrospect, the issue was that I was put in the second row. Short me couldn't see much and it is a totally different experience when you can see everything. I was put in the 4th row the next time. It wasn't that much more far back from the other time but it made a huge difference. Kong still isn't in my top three favorite Universal rides, but I do like it and do it whenever the line isn't too long now.

I did like MIB from the start - but it's grown on me. I went from being good with just doing it once in a day to doing it as many as 10 times in a day when I go solo. When I go with my husband, without the kids, we always do it 3 times in a row. (We have to do child swap with the kids since 9 year old is still scared of it so I just get to do it once usually on those days).

I'm hoping to feel that way about Avatar Flight of Passage. I was extremely unimpressed. I still think the ride was malfunctioning but my niece says that it wasn't.
I've done FoP five or six times and a bad ride experience one of those times. In my case, the ride wasn't having problems - it was my glasses. They kept falling off so I had to hold them on. This messed up the flow and made me feel less in the moment and also have motion sickness. I loved it all the other times I rode it though. I'm glad that wasn't my first ride or I would have given up on it thinking it would just make me feel sick.

Although still not a big fan of the new fast and furious, I rode it a total of 3 time because ones opinion can change for many reasons even including which ride vehicle you are place within. However, this reminded me of the first time I rode the Hulk ride. I got off the ride feeling like my head was a pinball in a pinball machine. I decide I would never ride it again. Flash forward one year and I went with some family and my nephew talked me into riding it again. This time was pure magic and the Hulk is now one of my all time favorite rides. I think I just didn't have my head positioned properly in the headrest the previous year. Since then I make a point to ride something at least once or twice more before passing judgement. Anyone else with similar experiences?

Yes, this has happened to me before. Test Track is one that comes to mind where the first time I rode I just didn't really "get" it. It was fine, but not amazing or anything. Then late one night I had nothing better to do so I was using the Single Rider line a bunch, and rode it like 5 times, and just started loving it. I don't know why my initial impression was so sour.

On the Universal Side of things, I kind of have a love/hate relationship with all the Harry Potter stuff. I'm just not a fan of the property and know nothing about it, so the rides don't excite me. After I ride them though I always thing, "wow, that was really good!"

Glad we weren't the only ones, we thought F&F was terrible too! Never again for us.
I think more people dislike F&F than like it. I rode it four times and other than actually working, it didn't get any better. The first day was three times - but only sort of. I rode it once and it kept stopping. So, they told us we could do it again. I then did it again and it broke down to the point of completely stopping and then they just got us to the end. They did give us an express pass to use anytime this year so that was good at least. Then I came back later in the day and did single rider line. It was just 'eh. A few weeks later, I came with my kids and we did express. None of them were impressed with it either.

Although still not a big fan of the new fast and furious, I rode it a total of 3 time because ones opinion can change for many reasons even including which ride vehicle you are place within. However, this reminded me of the first time I rode the Hulk ride. I got off the ride feeling like my head was a pinball in a pinball machine. I decide I would never ride it again. Flash forward one year and I went with some family and my nephew talked me into riding it again. This time was pure magic and the Hulk is now one of my all time favorite rides. I think I just didn't have my head positioned properly in the headrest the previous year. Since then I make a point to ride something at least once or twice more before passing judgement. Anyone else with similar experiences?
Opposite for me. I used to love Hulk. I actually rode it I think 22 times in one day on Dec 31, 1999. I always made it a point to do it on every trip. Then they had the reburb. I was so excited it was back open. I couldn't handle the bumpiness anymore though. My head hurt so much and it wasn't fun hurting that much. But I loved it so much before that I thought maybe it was just where I was seated or bad luck. I tried it again. The same thing happened. So now I don't go on it anymore.

I've done FoP five or six times and a bad ride experience one of those times. In my case, the ride wasn't having problems - it was my glasses. They kept falling off so I had to hold them on. This messed up the flow and made me feel less in the moment and also have motion sickness. I loved it all the other times I rode it though. I'm glad that wasn't my first ride or I would have given up on it thinking it would just make me feel sick.

I'm positive that was a part of it. My glasses would not stay on at all and it kinda drove me nuts.

The first time that I rode Jimmy Fallon, I wouldn't say that I hated it but I didn't like it or think that it was good. However, I have since rode it again and I wouldn't go as far as to say I love it but if there was a 5 minute wait and someone I was with wanted to go on it, I would.

This wasn't a "hate and then love" experience, but the first trip I rode Gringotts I thought it was only an "above average" attraction.

Second trip however after riding it, it "wow'd" me. I think maybe it was because the second time around I was in the front of the car and the effects just seemed that much more immersive without any obstructions of people in front of me.

I still like Forbidden Journey more but Gringotts is now a close second for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter