Has anyone met their match on this site?

DisneyWorldDad0830

Earning My Ears
I'm still fairly new to this message board and still kind of looking around. I'm noticing a lot of people talking about meeting others members and I was just curious if anyone ended up finding their perfect match from this site.

It's probably possible to meet a good match, but to expect a perfect one is unreasonable. Everyone will have their quirks. I have met some wonderful people on here that I did have plans to meet but things fell through on my side at the last minute. Always next time.

I don't think perfect is really the most reasonable thing to look for. But you will find people that like the same things as you.

I met someone on this board, it was amazing. I screwed it up.. I tend to do that lol. But it's possible!!

I've met some great people on here but nothing in the romance department lol.
It would be great if I did though since Disney is such a huge part of my life and I know anyone that is on here is at least into Disney.
Out in the "real world" I don't find too many single people into Disney.
Yeah I guess it's mostly families that are into Disney.

Yes, over the years there have been some couples that have met their match on here. I don't know if there are as many big gathering any more but in past years I attended quite a few adult and single DIS gatherings, especially during Food/Wine. A lot of fun, and the DISers are some great people. Some of those folks found their match through chatting on this forum and meeting during those trips. I think with the popularity of other social media outlets like Facebook, things like that become more rare on the DIS.

For me, I'm just happy hanging out at the parks (and Disney Springs) with people who share a mutual love for Disney. I think most are of the same mindset ... and whatever may happen or follow from that may happen.

I sometimes peruse the singles threads, but anyone I find interesting never lives anywhere near me. Actually nobody in that thread seems to. I'm not in a great area for that I guess.

I most definitely did. And I wasn't even looking. I was in a very low place as my (first) wife and I were finalizing our divorce. I had a few drinks one night and ended up putting a late night post up one night just lamenting that visiting Disney wouldn't likely ever be the same again. I was 47 at the time and not at all certain I'd ever be in a serious relationship again, let alone married. And I had a lot of fond memories of visiting with my family annually for over 10 years.

Well, this wonderful poster (iluveeyore) sent me an IM. I didn't see it for days as I never even bother to check the upper right hand corner of the DIS page. She happened to be going through a divorce as well. The funny thing was she never really even came to this board, she just happened to see it on the Front Page. She later confessed that she thought I was a woman until she opened the post. She was just looking for someone going through the same thing she was.

Well we started talking a little at first and soon we started talking every single day. She had a solo trip planned and I arranged to meet her as I only lived 45 minutes from the Mouse. Well we hit it off instantly and we were married roughly 8 months after she sent that IM. There's obviously more to the story, but that would take forever to type out and she tells the story better than I do. This November will be our 3rd anniversary and life couldn't be better. She is my true soulmate.

It was just such a random occurrence that she even happened to see my post much less respond to it. And as I said, it's not like I put a profile on the 'Singles seeking Singles' post.

There used to be a fairly active chat thread, the Singles Social Club, and I know of at least 2 couples who met in thread, decided to meet in real life, and who got married. Others had shorter or longer term relationships. So, it is certainly possible. When the SSC had regular meets it was probably easier because then folks could meet in a low pressure, public situation.

I've only been around the DIS a couple of years, and to be honest, I never really thought about finding someone here. I'm happily single, but would love to meet a man who shares my affinity for Mouse culture.

I have never had much luck with online dating, and the older I get (43 now), the more difficult it gets. I *have* had luck with meeting long-time friends via message boards (other interests outside of Disney). Some of my most cherished friends I've had for over a decade and may have seen them face-to-face one time or not at all.

I'm planning a big solo trip for 2019 (celebrate my 45th birthday!), and I'd love to meet up with some folks I befriend on here. If some of those folks turn out to be single dudes, all the better! :)

I probably need to hang out in parts of the boards other than the credit card churning thread from time to time though if I'm going to "meet" anyone. Hee hee.

I've only been around the DIS a couple of years, and to be honest, I never really thought about finding someone here. I'm happily single, but would love to meet a man who shares my affinity for Mouse culture.

I have never had much luck with online dating, and the older I get (43 now), the more difficult it gets. I *have* had luck with meeting long-time friends via message boards (other interests outside of Disney). Some of my most cherished friends I've had for over a decade and may have seen them face-to-face one time or not at all.

I'm planning a big solo trip for 2019 (celebrate my 45th birthday!), and I'd love to meet up with some folks I befriend on here. If some of those folks turn out to be single dudes, all the better! :)

I probably need to hang out in parts of the boards other than the credit card churning thread from time to time though if I'm going to "meet" anyone. Hee hee.
Your post gave me a giggle! I'm 64 and totally in love with Disney. You think it's hard meeting someone at 45, wait till your 65...LOL. Anyway, I've made new friends cruising but not through this site, didn't even think the site was an option because everyone lives too far away. But I like what you said about making new friends and having meet ups when doing a solo trip. I'm doing a family trip next February, but after that I'm going solo for the first time. Anyway...thanks for your story, it made me smile, especially the part about hanging out in the credit card churning thread...LOL!

Your post gave me a giggle! I'm 64 and totally in love with Disney. You think it's hard meeting someone at 45, wait till your 65...LOL. Anyway, I've made new friends cruising but not through this site, didn't even think the site was an option because everyone lives too far away. But I like what you said about making new friends and having meet ups when doing a solo trip. I'm doing a family trip next February, but after that I'm going solo for the first time. Anyway...thanks for your story, it made me smile, especially the part about hanging out in the credit card churning thread...LOL!
Haha! Glad I could offer a giggle!
I've always said I'll probably be in my 60's by the time I get married. Kind of a late bloomer, LOL!!

In all honesty, I believe if we're living a life true to ourselves and doing what we love, the rest will take care of itself.

2019 will be my first solo trip...pretty much anywhere. Disney is familiar and friendly, so I think it's the perfect way to ease into solo travel.

Wishing you a great trip with your family and solo! :)

Haha! Glad I could offer a giggle!
I've always said I'll probably be in my 60's by the time I get married. Kind of a late bloomer, LOL!!

In all honesty, I believe if we're living a life true to ourselves and doing what we love, the rest will take care of itself.

2019 will be my first solo trip...pretty much anywhere. Disney is familiar and friendly, so I think it's the perfect way to ease into solo travel.

Wishing you a great trip with your family and solo! :)
Thanks....I like your strategy....feeling safe in a familiar place to practice solo vacations...good idea. When are you going in 2019?

Thanks....I like your strategy....feeling safe in a familiar place to practice solo vacations...good idea. When are you going in 2019?
Nothing is set in stone, but mid-to-late June is most likely. I'm a teacher, so summertime is the best for me, even though I know it will be hot and crowded. I don't mind heat and crowds though. I want some quality pool time anyway.

When is your solo adventure?

Nothing is set in stone, but mid-to-late June is most likely. I'm a teacher, so summertime is the best for me, even though I know it will be hot and crowded. I don't mind heat and crowds though. I want some quality pool time anyway.

When is your solo adventure?
I haven't decided yet...but definitely not in the summer. I went this July and it was brutal! So next year we are going in February...yeah! After telling my daughter how got is was, and she knows, because she goes every summer because of school, but this time she opted to go February vacation week....so happy! I'll probably go in November again....perfect weather, it was the end of November, thanksgiving week. Didn't even mind the crowds. But Christmas time is a thought as well. Oh, but I have a cruise in October, so yeah, maybe December...it's so much fun to plan. Do any of your peers like Disney, like to do a ladies trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!