Has anyone met their match on this site?

Just talk to them. Don't try to make it about more than a new friend. Matchmaker sites make it feel forced cause there is an expectation, but on these boards, nobody expects anything to happen. We are just all here to get advice and talk to people about Disney, so makes it easier to make new friends.

That's true. I just always feel like even then, I'm annoying someone. Even if we're talking about something we obviously both love.

I did, and we are getting married Oct 7 at Paddlefish in Disney Springs!

He is from TX and I was in NC. We both got separated in early 2015 and both posted about it here on the community board. He messaged me and we started talking, becoming friends first, and after several months of online communication he came to NC to meet me and it's been a Disney fairy tale romance ever since lol! I moved to TX in June and we bought a new house :).
OMG....a true Disney Magic story...u just never know. I think the best thing to do is to stay open, without expectations, and see what happens.

That's true. I just always feel like even then, I'm annoying someone. Even if we're talking about something we obviously both love.
No one in here will be annoyed....we love talking about Disney. I'm on these boards every morning...it's like a ritual for me with my morning tea. It's my way of staying connected to my favorite place on earth, and who else is going to talk Disney every day!

I'm still fairly new to this message board and still kind of looking around. I'm noticing a lot of people talking about meeting others members and I was just curious if anyone ended up finding their perfect match from this site.

No, I personally have not. :(

I moved to Windermere a little over a year ago and thought, "this will be great! Surely I'll meet another Disney fan!". Yeah. Nope.
I have not met anyone on here yet, either. Not giving up hope but it's been lack luster to say the least.

I have made plans with people as friends, but no romantic connections.

There used to be a fairly active chat thread, the Singles Social Club, and I know of at least 2 couples who met in thread, decided to meet in real life, and who got married. Others had shorter or longer term relationships. So, it is certainly possible. When the SSC had regular meets it was probably easier because then folks could meet in a low pressure, public situation.

Yes! And I wonder what happened to that thread?!?!

No, I personally have not. :(

I moved to Windermere a little over a year ago and thought, "this will be great! Surely I'll meet another Disney fan!". Yeah. Nope.
I have not met anyone on here yet, either. Not giving up hope but it's been lack luster to say the least.

I have made plans with people as friends, but no romantic connections.

I think the problem is that there are so many Disney fans spread so far out across the country, it's hard to find one that's close to you.

I think the problem is that there are so many Disney fans spread so far out across the country, it's hard to find one that's close to you.

And in the few instances where someone did meet their match on the site, it looks like one person had to move to where the other one lives.

Actually, yeah...my wife actually moved from Ontario CA to central FL (it truly was a miracle on so many levels). Finding a match in a specific geographical location would be exponentially more difficult.

Yeah, I can definitely see meeting some really cool people on the Solo site for meeting up on a vacation, but not to hang out the whole vacation...you never know how people like to do their days, and everyone is different. I love...love...the freedom to just do what I want, when I want without having to worry about what someone else wants to do. Just part of the solo fun. But I love to have company for meals.
We are simpatico. It would be a challenging balancing act, wouldn't it? The point for most of us who travel to WDW solo is to do what we want without worrying about what someone else wants to do. Imagine meeting someone for the very first time and Disney and not feeling any connection. That could really hurt - both directions. That's what concerns me when I look at the "Solo Central" and "Dining Central" threads; I'd love to share a meal with a stranger I met here in DIS but then what happens? We would both already have plans and FP's and other dining reservations. What if one of us connects with the other but the other doesn't? Now, suddenly, I'm no longer on a solo trip.

I'm not a pessimistic person. Exactly the opposite - I always see the bright side of life - so it could work out swimmingly. Even if it ended up in friendship and not a match, what a great story!

Each solo trip I've gone on I check the DIS boards for solo's traveling at the same time as me. I post my dates so a fellow traveler can contact me if interested. So far nothing has come of it. But on my next trip I'll try again.

What better place to meet someone! I would love to meet a gentleman over 50 I could do Disney with!
I'm 60....

I sometimes peruse the singles threads, but anyone I find interesting never lives anywhere near me. Actually nobody in that thread seems to. I'm not in a great area for that I guess.

You're probably the only other single I know of on the boards in TN! Not a lot of us in TN, period.

There actually is a Disney fan dating website, but IMO it's pretty poor. I didn't see any way to see anyone from just your area.

I am in Tennessee also. So I guess that makes at least three of us.

And Tennessee is a huge state, so it's not like any of us three probably live all that close, so that still makes it difficult.

I'm in Memphis by the way.

And Tennessee is a huge state, so it's not like any of us three probably live all that close, so that still makes it difficult.

I'm in Memphis by the way.

Exactly, there are only 3 of us as yet who identify as single Tennesseans on the site, and we still don't live all that close to each other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter