Has anyone met their match on this site?

Exactly, there are only 3 of us as yet who identify as single Tennesseans on the site, and we still don't live all that close to each other.

It's funny because my relatives from up north/New England seem to have no concept of what living in a "big" state is like. They hear I'm from Tenessee, and they're all like, "Oh, you must go to the Smoky Mountains all the time. It's so beautiful!" Yeah, the Smokies are like an 8 hour drive. I'm much closer to the Ozarks! And West Tennessee, well, it's not that beautiful, you know? They would probably think living in the same state is more than close enough for dating!

It's funny because my relatives from up north/New England seem to have no concept of what living in a "big" state is like. They hear I'm from Tenessee, and they're all like, "Oh, you must go to the Smoky Mountains all the time. It's so beautiful!" Yeah, the Smokies are like an 8 hour drive. I'm much closer to the Ozarks! And West Tennessee, well, it's not that beautiful, you know? They would probably think living in the same state is more than close enough for dating!

In Memphis, you're closer to the ocean than the Smokies!

In Memphis, you're closer to the ocean than the Smokies!

Yeah, and not that close to that either! Some people once asked me if I went to the beach all the time. They were from Texas though (talk about a big state!). They just had no idea where Memphis actually was.

Yeah, and not that close to that either! Some people once asked me if I went to the beach all the time. They were from Texas though (talk about a big state!). They just had no idea where Memphis actually was.

Who really would know where Memphis is geographically? Or culturally? Lol...

We are simpatico. It would be a challenging balancing act, wouldn't it? The point for most of us who travel to WDW solo is to do what we want without worrying about what someone else wants to do. Imagine meeting someone for the very first time and Disney and not feeling any connection. That could really hurt - both directions. That's what concerns me when I look at the "Solo Central" and "Dining Central" threads; I'd love to share a meal with a stranger I met here in DIS but then what happens? We would both already have plans and FP's and other dining reservations. What if one of us connects with the other but the other doesn't? Now, suddenly, I'm no longer on a solo trip.

I'm not a pessimistic person. Exactly the opposite - I always see the bright side of life - so it could work out swimmingly. Even if it ended up in friendship and not a match, what a great story!

Each solo trip I've gone on I check the DIS boards for solo's traveling at the same time as me. I post my dates so a fellow traveler can contact me if interested. So far nothing has come of it. But on my next trip I'll try again.

I'm 60....
Exactly....I mean about being simpatico but also being 60...LOL. I'd love to meet up for dinner with no expectations other than that. I don't enjoy eating out alone as much as I love touring the parks alone. Maybe next year...this year I'm booked with family. My next new adventure is to buy a glam camper and park it for the summer and enjoy camping activities, like dancing and boating. I can always travel to Disney from there!

My next new adventure is to buy a glam camper and park it for the summer and enjoy camping activities, like dancing and boating. I can always travel to Disney from there!

You've got to park the camper at The Fort! Over the years I've stayed at various WDW resorts and Ft Wilderness is still my favorite spot. My parents have an RV and whenever they take it down to the Fort I try making a quick trip to hang out. Some trips I never even headed out to the parks ...

Exactly....I mean about being simpatico but also being 60...LOL. I'd love to meet up for dinner with no expectations other than that. I don't enjoy eating out alone as much as I love touring the parks alone.
Me, too. Especially at the "family style" places like Liberty Tree and Hoop-De-Doo. I've done it but there's too much food...

Yet even with the threads dedicated to meeting for meals it seems few people actually meet up. Thus the question asked on this thread. No one has ever responded to my requests. I have responded to others only to be met with nothing. Ahhh, the challenges of solo travel.
Maybe next year...this year I'm booked with family.
My January trip is with two friends but I'm already planning an April (and even September) trip solo so I'll keep trying...

I don't attend any of the meet-up and prefer to remain solo when I visit DLR and WDW. However during one of my trips to WDW in 2012 during a race weekend I met someone and we hit it off immediately. We are very close, talk all the time, visited WDW/DLR and even gone on a Disney Cruise together. We are not in a relationship but do enjoy hanging out together.

Me, too. Especially at the "family style" places like Liberty Tree and Hoop-De-Doo. I've done it but there's too much food...

Yet even with the threads dedicated to meeting for meals it seems few people actually meet up. Thus the question asked on this thread. No one has ever responded to my requests. I have responded to others only to be met with nothing. Ahhh, the challenges of solo travel.

My January trip is with two friends but I'm already planning an April (and even September) trip solo so I'll keep trying...
Party on!

I have considered moving there.House or apartment for you?Worried about expenses.

It ranges from $1300 and up for apartments. Houses tend to be around $1500 for a smaller home. Most typically are $1800/$1900 and up. It's definitely on the expensive spectrum. But I love it!

Met my husband on the Singles seeking Singles thread a few years ago-and he moved from New Jersey to Western NY to be with me! We honeymooned at the World a couple weeks ago and have a few more trips planned before next fall!
Nice! Congrats! You are one of the lucky few.

I'm still fairly new to this message board and still kind of looking around. I'm noticing a lot of people talking about meeting others members and I was just curious if anyone ended up finding their perfect match from this site.
Funny I was just saying the other day to someone they need to come up with a dating site for people who love Disney cause I cant date someone if they don't have the same Love of Disney that I do some people just don't get it!

Funny I was just saying the other day to someone they need to come up with a dating site for people who love Disney cause I cant date someone if they don't have the same Love of Disney that I do some people just don't get it!
Yes, Farmers Only and Christian mingle just don't cut it for me...LOL! I have used dating sites in the past, Our Time for over 50 and Match. Lots of weeds to go through, and some sketchy folks, but there are some genuine men on there. Disney lovers are far and few between.

There's MouseMingle, but it has a pretty small membership, so you aren't likely to find someone in your area (then again, if you are meeting them on this message board they probably aren't local either).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!