Has anyone put a scooter in the back of a minivan?

Tasscrapper

I belive in dragons, unicorns, good men and other
So, I need a scooter to do Disney. We were planning on renting a mini van and putting a portable one in the back and after seeing a youtube video by Gold Mobility I doubt one would actually fit. We have 6 people to transport so we will not be able to put seats down. Does anyone have first hand experience of a scooter fitting in a mini van?

Most of the 3rd rows are 60/40 split. Could the 2 in the back get cozy and you put the smaller side down? Otherwise, unless the scooter can be broken in to pieces I don’t think it would fit without damaging the scooter or van interior.

Yes they could get cozy. :) We are getting there a day early so I think I might want to go to the location and check if it will actually fit and if so rent one. If not I'll have to get to the parks early to try and get one there. Maybe with faith, hope, and pixie dust it will all work out.

We only had a party of 3, but fit two victory 10.2s in the back of a mini van by folding down the back row entirely, just get one tall enough to not need to remove the seat and it will be easier. Just fold the seat and lower the tiller and remove the basket. You will have to fold part of the back row down though. If you can't fold anything down, then you would need to take apart the victory 10.2 (doable, but difficult) to fit it in.

We only had a party of 3, but fit two victory 10.2s in the back of a mini van by folding down the back row entirely, just get one tall enough to not need to remove the seat and it will be easier. Just fold the seat and lower the tiller and remove the basket. You will have to fold part of the back row down though. If you can't fold anything down, then you would need to take apart the victory 10.2 (doable, but difficult) to fit it in.
Thank you for telling me this. It gives hope that I might be able to fit it. Where did you rent from?

We have placed a Pride Go-Go Sport in the back of a mini van. It will need to be broken down completely and some pieces stacked if you cannot fold down any seats.
We have done it in our own van and also recently done it in a taxi van without the seats folded down.

Thank you for telling me this. It gives hope that I might be able to fit it. Where did you rent from?
Gold Mobility for the scooter, the MiniVan from Dollar, just whatever rental company you use, get whatever option they have that allows you to skip the rental desk and go straight to picking up the car.

Well after ignoring this problem for almost a month because it was stressing me out so much I finally bit the bullet and ordered a scooter from Gold Mobility. Now I'm just praying it will fit in the rental van.

We were able to fit a scooter in the back of a Toyota sienna years ago when my grandfather went with us. We were a party of 6 and everything fit just fine. A few years ago we put my mom’s scooter in the back of a suburban and we had five people that year. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter