Has anyone received their refund from Disney yet?

Steve Windrum

Steve W
Hi all

I had hotel and tickets booked direct with Disney to arrive 24 August this year. I received an email from Disney 12th June asking me to pick 1 of 3 options in the My Booking section on the Disney website. The choices were either to keep the reservation, to move the reservation or to cancel the booking and receive a full refund of any money paid. I very sadly picked the cancellation option and the next screen advised to wait up to 14 days to receive payment. I have vouchers for my BA flights to use by April 2022 and will try to pick the best time to book in that future period

As yet I haven't received anything and my balance is due today. There is no option in my booking for the three options so I assume my choice is registered but the option to pay the balance is still live. Before I look to be on hold for significant time, has anyone else picked the refund option if they booked direct with Disney yet?

Cheers

Steve

It says allow 14 days... if it goes longer than that I would contact bank first (sometimes they can see it pending) then Disney x

Cancelled Thursday, refund hit my account today - was told it would be up to 15 days, it was actually 2.

I called to cancel this week but was told it has to be done by email (in a specific format).
So I did that in the evening, got a reply the next day saying it was being done but there could be up to 10 – 15 working days before getting the money.
The next day the money was back in my credit card account. :oops:

Disney may not be cheap but they do give you the service.

Now I've just got to get that out of the CC and bank into my bank account. I expect that'll be like getting a refund out of Virgin Atlantic :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter