Has anyone received their refund yet?

ruadisneyfan2

DIS Veteran
I realize DCL has a lot to contend with right now. Just curious if anyone has actually seen a refund. Our cancelled cruise was a VGT that we booked in Feb and the payment for it on our cc is due April 9 unless the refund arrives first. We'd eventually get the cash back from our cc bank if we had to pay first then get a check from the cc bank but that would tie our funds up for a while.
I'm hoping it happens soon.

Anyone have experience in how long it took to get a refund for the hurricane cancelled cruises last year? That could be a valid reference point for how long the process takes.

Anyone have experience in how long it took to get a refund for the hurricane cancelled cruises last year? That could be a valid reference point for how long the process takes.
It generally took 5-10 days last year ... and I would expect the same or similar this year. And it's not always down to Disney. A lot of the timing has to do with how long it takes the card company to process the credit. In scenarios like this where the credit card processing centers have to deal with a LARGE volume of data to enter in one big wave ... it's gonna take a little more time. Especially if they are limited man-hours like most industries.

We cancelled our Hawaii/Alaska cruises (5/8 & 5/18) on March 11th (taking the loss of deposit). The refunds posted to our Chase Visa yesterday March 18th.

We cancelled our Hawaii/Alaska cruises (5/8 & 5/18) on March 11th (taking the loss of deposit). The refunds posted to our Chase Visa yesterday March 18th.
Just curious why you decided to not wait for the 100% money back offer?

At this point I would be happy if Costco would confirm that they got my cancellation request, let alone get the actual refund! I’m hoping it will be resolved in 3-4 weeks. :(

ETA: finally got my email confirmation that I will be getting my refund!

Last edited:
At this point I would be happy if Costco would confirm that they got my cancellation request, let alone get the actual refund! I’m hoping it will be resolved in 3-4 weeks. :(

I have a feeling Costco will be losing a lot of loyal customers after this.
We have a membership there but I like my TA and wouldnt switch.

I did the online form at Costco for my refund around 1pm on Monday and by 7:30pm I got my email confirming my cancellation. No refund yet though.

Both were placeholder 10% deposits & we were 2 days away from loss of 50%. Just felt it was worth it - we are seniors and didn’t want the possibility of DCL not cancelling. What hurts more is the prospect of losing 182 borrowed DVC points used for pre-cruise Aulani stay - June use year points.

Who says that there will be any refunds on the May cruises? (Other than the previously announced ability for May departures to take a credit for another cruise next year.) With any luck they will be back to somewhat normal operations by then. I wouldn't be surprised if some cruise lines are still cancelling in May; however, I also won't be surprised if they try to start generating revenue again.

Any idea how long it takes when the refund is returning funds to Disney gift cards?

Who says that there will be any refunds on the May cruises? (Other than the previously announced ability for May departures to take a credit for another cruise next year.) With any luck they will be back to somewhat normal operations by then. I wouldn't be surprised if some cruise lines are still cancelling in May; however, I also won't be surprised if they try to start generating revenue again.
Because she said they were going on a Hawaii and Alaska cruise and the Canadian ports are closed through July 1st. How can they not cancel especially Alaska?

Are people not watching the news? Countries are closing borders, airlines are grounding their planes, cruise ships can’t find ports,travel insurance won’t cover anything related to covid 19. Things will not be back to normal in May.

Are people not watching the news? Countries are closing borders, airlines are grounding their planes, cruise ships can’t find ports,travel insurance won’t cover anything related to covid 19. Things will not be back to normal in May.
That’s my thought and that’s why we rebooked our May cruise to November. But I’m now having some anxiety about even going in November with my kids if this flares up again. I’m tempted to move it again to August, when it’s hotter than Hades.

Both were placeholder 10% deposits & we were 2 days away from loss of 50%. Just felt it was worth it - we are seniors and didn’t want the possibility of DCL not cancelling. What hurts more is the prospect of losing 182 borrowed DVC points used for pre-cruise Aulani stay - June use year points.

right now DVC is returning borrowed points to the use year they came from for cancelled reservations through their closure.

That’s my thought and that’s why we rebooked our May cruise to November. But I’m now having some anxiety about even going in November with my kids if this flares up again. I’m tempted to move it again to August, when it’s hotter than Hades.

I feel your pain. We started looking at December thinking that is safely in advance that this should all be history by then but who knows what will happen? There's a late August sailing I'd love also but I'm afraid to book; the PIF date is in May. That might be too soon to commit. I'm going to really need a cruise by the time this is all done.

right now DVC is returning borrowed points to the use year they came from for cancelled reservations through their closure.
They will only do that if and when Aulani closes. And even that is questionable - they’ve gone back and forth 3 times in the last week With returning borrowed points.

No.
In Disney's defense, it feels like an eternity since they announced our cruise was cancelled but in reality, it has been 8 days. This is only slightly longer than a usual refund would take. Right now they are processing thousands, not just ours, so I am being more forgiving.

I didn't start this thread to bash DCL for slow refunds, I was only curious if others had received theirs sooner, and then I might know that ours would be coming soon.
Businesses that are still functioning are doing so often with more than usual work to be done and with fewer employees. I am patient but also curious.

Last edited:
I didn’t cancel a cruise but I did request refund for things like gratuities, port transfers and OBC that I personally added. Some of this will come back on gift cards, which I just checked and nothing has been refunded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!