Has anyone received their refund yet?

We were booked with HAL and I've called twice: once to cancel and received the cancellation documents the same day with the breakdown as to what is future cruise credit and what goes back on my card. That was two weeks ago. I called again today because the refund still hasn't come through. My sister and I both cancelled ours the same day and she received her refund with in 3 days. So...2 weeks later still nothing for me.

I did get a couple of extras I purchased (laundry service and one tour in a port) refunded immediately.

I got my cancel notice from Costco the same day I canceled the cruises online, but haven't heard anything from Disney. I am assuming DCL will send me a cancellation notice as well. At any rate, just checked my credit card and no refunds. Then, I looked at my emails from Costco and saw that it's only been 4 days since I cancelled. It certainly has felt like at least 10 days because so much has happened this week, but maybe I'm just in a black hole somewhere and can't tell time anymore.

I have been wondering the same. I called Sunday (3/15/20) morning to accept a full refund vs. a rebooking and have not yet been refunded (as of 5:00pm on 3/20/20). I booked directly through Disney and did receive the cancellation confirmation email almost immediately.

OP here. No refund coming!
The friends we were going to be cruising with received an email today saying they were offered 125% with 15 months to rebook. I did not receive such email, and we both used the same TA, so I sent my TA a copy asking her if that was some kind of fluke that they received that when they should be getting a refund. She called me back, while DCL was on hold, to tell me:
1. that DCL is not issuing refunds
2. they are reviewing my reservation (along with many other guests) to see if I'd qualify for the 125%/15 deal that our friends got.
3. the 125% is calculated on the cruise fare after the taxes/port fees are refunded.

I'm in no hurry to book something else so I told her I don't mind waiting while they review it. Back when DCL first offered to change to a different date in the next 12 months, we cancelled and the cruise funds were "parked" while we decide which cruise to book. I'm 99.9% sure she said that NO ONE will be getting a refund. I would call DCL or your TA if you think you'll be getting a refund.
At least I can stop checking my cc account online every morning and evening. Once things settle down I will start looking for another cruise.

Back when DCL first offered to change to a different date in the next 12 months, we cancelled and the cruise funds were "parked" while we decide which cruise to book. I'm 99.9% sure she said that NO ONE will be getting a refund. I would call DCL or your TA if you think you'll be getting a refund.

Could it be that you aren’t getting a refund because you already cancelled the cruise and accepted a cruise credit before they started issuing refunds?

Could it be that you aren’t getting a refund because you already cancelled the cruise and accepted a cruise credit before they started issuing refunds?
I thought that but when I said to her, "No one is getting refunds?" She said no and she compared DCL's cancellation offers to other cruise lines and how eventually DCL added the 125% deal.
I really don't mind. I think 125% is fair. By the time all this Corona virus stuff is done, I will be in dire need of a real vacation. Hoping others get a refund if DCL did indeed commit to one.

Last edited:
The first email I got from DCL on 3/16 said they cancelled our cruise and I could either get a 125% credit to use in 15 months, or a full refund. I cancelled with Costco and they emailed yesterday confirming I would get my refund.

Then I got another email today from DCL which was very confusing—it said that they previously offered me a 125% credit and I could contact my TA when I’m ready to book. It was odd because not only have I already cancelled, they didn’t mention the refund option. I understand they probably haven’t processed my cancellation yet, but I don’t understand why they sent the 2nd email regardless. I have the promise of a full refund in writing so there is no way they can just decide not to offer that anymore.

The first email I got from DCL on 3/16 said they cancelled our cruise and I could either get a 125% credit to use in 15 months, or a full refund. I cancelled with Costco and they emailed yesterday confirming I would get my refund.

Then I got another email today from DCL which was very confusing—it said that they previously offered me a 125% credit and I could contact my TA when I’m ready to book. It was odd because not only have I already cancelled, they didn’t mention the refund option. I understand they probably haven’t processed my cancellation yet, but I don’t understand why they sent the 2nd email regardless. I have the promise of a full refund in writing so there is no way they can just decide not to offer that anymore.

This sounds like the same email our friends received, sounding as if they were previously offered 125%, even though that never did happen.

So, now I'm starting to get a bit concerned. We haven't found anyone yet who has received an actual refund. I just checked my credit card statement again and there is no refund, so this is day 6 (I know it's not a business day, but credits and charges show up online over the weekends). I think I'm going to keep bumping this thread to see if anyone actually gets a refund!

I booked directly through DCL and my cruise was in the first wave of cancellations. I received an email from Disney Cruise Line on 3/13 offering me the option of a full refund or a 125% cruise credit to be used within 15 months. I called right when they opened on 3/15 and spoke to a CM who verified that I wanted to cancel for a refund and not rebook - she had a little spiel she read to me that basically said by cancelling and requesting a refund, I was giving up the option of the 125% credit and couldn't change my mind. And then she said it could be up to 1-2 billing cycles before I'd see a credit on my card (but they always say that and it never takes that long). My cancellation confirmation email from DCL showed up shortly after I got off the phone.

I also had a WDW package booked that was supposed to start the day we got off the cruise, but WDW was going to be closed, so I cancelled that online as soon as they announced that the parks were going to be closed and the refund for that showed up within 3-4 days. At this point, I've been refunded 100% of everything I had booked for my WDW resort stay - package, Early Morning Magic, etc. I also cancelled my SWA flights that were booked on points and the fees have already been refunded to my credit card and debit card. I understand that the parks and the cruise line are different (and obviously SWA has nothing to do with either of them), but I am just pointing out that refunds are being issued and going through just fine on the credit card end, so this is adding to my concern.

Edited to add: I have not received any more email communications from DCL since the cancellation confirmation email.

Last edited:
I received part of my refund today! I put about 1/4 of the cruise on a credit card and that refund came through today. Still waiting for the portion I put on my debit card to be refunded.

For those keeping track, I booked directly through DCL and requested a refund for my cancelled cruise on 3/15/20 - part one of the refund showed up on 3/23/20.

Last edited:
I also received part of my refund today. The $250 placeholder was refunded on the original credit card. I paid the rest on a different credit card and am still waiting on that refund. I cancelled on 3/15, so it took 8 days to get the first part of the refund.

Yes, it is this. Darn. I should have just waited. Oh well...
Even if $ is tight later in the year, we are pretty good at cruising on the cheap. Once we had a bill that was only $20 besides gratuities. :laughing: We can fly on SW points and find a cruise where our credit covers enough OBC that it will include gratuities.

I also received part of my refund today. The $250 placeholder was refunded on the original credit card. I paid the rest on a different credit card and am still waiting on that refund. I cancelled on 3/15, so it took 8 days to get the first part of the refund.
Just wanted to report that the rest of my refund came through last night to the other credit card. I have now received my full refund.

I received part of my refund today! I put about 1/4 of the cruise on a credit card and that refund came through today. Still waiting for the portion I put on my debit card to be refunded.

For those keeping track, I booked directly through DCL and requested a refund for my cancelled cruise on 3/15/20 - part one of the refund showed up on 3/23/20.

The rest of my refund arrived today (3/24/20). I paid in monthly increments with my debit card and received 12 separate credits to my debit card.

I got my refund for the deposit that I put on a cruise in October. I still haven't seen a refund for the cruise that DCL canceled in April. Waiting on the edge of seat, especially since they sent me that email saying that they gave me 125% cruise credit - after I chose 100% refund option.

OP here. No refund coming!
The friends we were going to be cruising with received an email today saying they were offered 125% with 15 months to rebook. I did not receive such email, and we both used the same TA, so I sent my TA a copy asking her if that was some kind of fluke that they received that when they should be getting a refund. She called me back, while DCL was on hold, to tell me:
1. that DCL is not issuing refunds
2. they are reviewing my reservation (along with many other guests) to see if I'd qualify for the 125%/15 deal that our friends got.
3. the 125% is calculated on the cruise fare after the taxes/port fees are refunded.

I'm in no hurry to book something else so I told her I don't mind waiting while they review it. Back when DCL first offered to change to a different date in the next 12 months, we cancelled and the cruise funds were "parked" while we decide which cruise to book. I'm 99.9% sure she said that NO ONE will be getting a refund. I would call DCL or your TA if you think you'll be getting a refund.
At least I can stop checking my cc account online every morning and evening. Once things settle down I will start looking for another cruise.

People booked on one of the cruises that DCL cancelled (not the traveler) are absolutely getting cash refunds if they choose. They also have the option of a future cruise credit - % varies by date of travel.

I just cancelled my July 25th Northern European cruise (sad day) so I could get the full refund. The 2021 sailing wouldn’t work due to the first week of school for the kids. I was told that refunds are taking 60-90 days for certain cruises. Cast member wasn’t sure which ones but I’m sure this cruise is one of the extended refund ones since it is later this summer.

if I get the credit sooner, will update.

I just cancelled my July 25th Northern European cruise (sad day) so I could get the full refund. The 2021 sailing wouldn’t work due to the first week of school for the kids. I was told that refunds are taking 60-90 days for certain cruises. Cast member wasn’t sure which ones but I’m sure this cruise is one of the extended refund ones since it is later this summer.

if I get the credit sooner, will update.
Sure would be nice if they offered this for the July 1st Greek Isles...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter