Has anyone received their refund yet?

.... I was told that refunds are taking 60-90 days for certain cruises. Cast member wasn’t sure which ones but I’m sure this cruise is one of the extended refund ones since it is later this summer.

if I get the credit sooner, will update.

Wait, what?!? Disney holding onto our money for 60-90 days?! Seriously, how can they do that?!

I’ll keep checking every day and post once I receive my refund. I’ve always considered myself a fan of all things Disney (multiple DCL Cruises, DVC member, etc) but I’m getting frustrated with their lack of communication on multiple fronts.

I just cancelled my July 25th Northern European cruise (sad day) so I could get the full refund. The 2021 sailing wouldn’t work due to the first week of school for the kids. I was told that refunds are taking 60-90 days for certain cruises. Cast member wasn’t sure which ones but I’m sure this cruise is one of the extended refund ones since it is later this summer.

if I get the credit sooner, will update.

If they are saying 60-90 days, then that is a deliberate move on their part to hold on to your/our money. That is wrong. 10-14 days, sure. I could possibly allow up to 30 days, although even that would be a stretch. 2-3 months is beyond ridiculous.

I have to say, I think this entire situation with them not officially cancelling the Alaskan, Hawaiian, and European cruises that are OBVIOUSLY not going to take place is nothing more than a way for them to sit on everyone's money for as long as humanly possible. Same with the lack of an announcement of park/resort closure extension at WDW and DL.

Cancelled 8/5 Northern European cruise on March 19. Just waiting for a refund on our deposit, but it's only been one week.

I check my credit card every day.

We are taking a big hit on non-refundable airfare and hotels for this trip :(

If they are saying 60-90 days, then that is a deliberate move on their part to hold on to your/our money. That is wrong. 10-14 days, sure. I could possibly allow up to 30 days, although even that would be a stretch. 2-3 months is beyond ridiculous.

I have to say, I think this entire situation with them not officially cancelling the Alaskan, Hawaiian, and European cruises that are OBVIOUSLY not going to take place is nothing more than a way for them to sit on everyone's money for as long as humanly possible. Same with the lack of an announcement of park/resort closure extension at WDW and DL.

This! Well said!!

Still waiting on my HAL refund...I've called twice: the first time to cancel and was given the breakdown of refund vs. FCC and the second time to check on the refund. It's been 3.5 weeks and still nothing. A family member who was also on the same cruise got their refund in 3 days. I don't want to keep calling and be told the same thing - it's in process - however 3.5 weeks seems like a long time.

Still waiting on my HAL refund...I've called twice: the first time to cancel and was given the breakdown of refund vs. FCC and the second time to check on the refund. It's been 3.5 weeks and still nothing. A family member who was also on the same cruise got their refund in 3 days. I don't want to keep calling and be told the same thing - it's in process - however 3.5 weeks seems like a long time.

I was thinking this as well. They have about $12,000 of my $ for our not-gonna-happen June Alaska cruise. We know the cruise isn't happening, or at the very least will be very different, different enough for us to potentially not want to follow through. Yet they refuse to make a broad announcement. It's really frustrating! I mean they know, and we know, and they know we know...so just let us know that you are working on alternatives and/or will be letting us know soon. Not having any communication about it is what is the most frustrating.

Being the impatient person that I am, I ended up called DCL today to find out why I haven't been refunded for the April 10th cruise, when I've already been refunded from the October cruise.

At first, the DCL agent said I was issued a 125% cruise credit and needed to call Costco to make sure that they processed the refund on their end. I told her that I have an email from Costco saying they cancelled it on 3/16/20. After that, she said she could look further into it. When she came back on the phone after a a couple minutes, she said that there were 2 refunds processed for it. One on 3/24 and one on 3/26 - I am assuming the deposit and then the balance. Odd that they are processed on different days, but that doesn't matter. She said normally it will take 7-10 business days to see the refunds posted to my credit card, but it can take up to 60 days this time.

The recording when I first called said that they are having all their CMs working from home right now. At any rate, I am feeling more secure knowing that my refund is coming. Money's just tight right now. I actually need that money to use towards keeping our business open.

If you and your family member canceled on the same day or you canceled before then I'd definately be calling again. But if you canceled a couple of days later, depending on the deluge of cancellations they received during those days, well, it might just be the natural progression.

But if they havent announced any cancellations in the last week or so, I might still call because it looks like lines are gearing up to do the next round of cancellations early next week. And you probably dont want to be waiting in that "traffic".

Cancelled 8/5 Northern European cruise on March 19. Just waiting for a refund on our deposit, but it's only been one week.

I check my credit card every day.

My portion of the deposit showed up this morning, 3/27. I still need for my husband to check his account to see if the $250 placeholder has been credited.

Yes, it is this. Darn. I should have just waited. Oh well...
Even if $ is tight later in the year, we are pretty good at cruising on the cheap. Once we had a bill that was only $20 besides gratuities. :laughing: We can fly on SW points and find a cruise where our credit covers enough OBC that it will include gratuities.

OP here.
So I finally got an email from DCL offering me a choice of 125% vs. refund. We eventually will cruise in the future but I don't need the added pressure of needing to get something booked. I'm missing a lot of time at work without pay and now am awaiting covid test results. Trying to reschedule a cruise is as far from my mind right now as it can be.
I'm happy that DCL is finally being considerate of that.

Not a Disney cruise but I canceled a Cunard cruise over 2 weeks ago and no refund. Messaged them on FB and they told me it may take up to 45 days to get my refund!?

I received my refund for my Aug 30th cruise over the weekend. It only took a little over a week so I’m extremely happy and more than a bit surprised. To those still waiting for theirs...good luck and hang in there

i received like 80% of my money. my $250 place holder from 2018 that i purchased, and my remainder deposit from October 2018 for $563 that was for my April 2020 cruise. i did get all the rest balance back, but still waiting on the deposits.

Still waiting for my refund, cancelled almost 2 weeks ago. It will be interesting to see if I get the money back before the cruise was supposed to sail (April 5).

Also just went ahead and cancelled my Feb 2021 cruise. We probably won’t sail again until there’s a vaccine, plus we would rather have that money in hand than tied up with DCL. :(

Being the impatient person that I am, I ended up called DCL today to find out why I haven't been refunded for the April 10th cruise, when I've already been refunded from the October cruise.

At first, the DCL agent said I was issued a 125% cruise credit and needed to call Costco to make sure that they processed the refund on their end. I told her that I have an email from Costco saying they cancelled it on 3/16/20. After that, she said she could look further into it. When she came back on the phone after a a couple minutes, she said that there were 2 refunds processed for it. One on 3/24 and one on 3/26 - I am assuming the deposit and then the balance. Odd that they are processed on different days, but that doesn't matter. She said normally it will take 7-10 business days to see the refunds posted to my credit card, but it can take up to 60 days this time.

The recording when I first called said that they are having all their CMs working from home right now. At any rate, I am feeling more secure knowing that my refund is coming. Money's just tight right now. I actually need that money to use towards keeping our business open.
UPDATE: Today, April 1, I see my "2 refunds" that were processed and they appear to only be for the taxes/port fees. Total paid for cruise is $1500., but they refunded me $33.88 and $130.80. I am miffed. I am on hold with Costco Travel and the hold time is longer than an hour. I really don't have an hour at this point. I guess I'll try tomorrow morning as soon as they open.

This pretty much sealed my fate with Costco travel for the future. I was already done with DCL.

We did the cruise credit and we rebooked over the weekend for April 2021. We received the refund of our port fee's/Taxes and insurance yesterday evening.

Psy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter