Has anyone stayed in the Copper Creek Cabins yet? Is it worth the splurge?

We are staying 4 nights over New Years Eve! Booked right at 7months out! Whole lotta points but we don't go every year so we are splurging!! Can't wait!!
That is awesome. You should have a great time. If we had a boat, we could visit you from our Bungalow!

We have a two night stay booked for this weekend. I'll report back!

What did you think? We have a short stay there in September and another planned for early December. Can't wait. Does anyone know where the accessible cabin(s) is located?

What did you think? We have a short stay there in September and another planned for early December. Can't wait. Does anyone know where the accessible cabin(s) is located?
Do tell, Do tell

We stayed there Aug 15 (did a 3 night Anniversary trip with the wife at 3 different resorts). This was our first time using our DVC membership ever. Went without the kids to celebrate anniversary and get a feel for different resorts to see what would be good places to go with kids in future.

CCV was our first stop. We LOVED it. We are huge fans of WL in general but I haven't stayed there since I was younger. We stayed in a Studio with walk in shower.

The room style was awesome. Totally our vibe. Super close to the lobby area. WL layout is awesome. Nothing is far really. The hardwood floors was a really cool addition. We did Grand Floridian studio (thumbs way down) and Animal Kingdom Lodge (our home resort...loved it).

We stayed there Aug 15 (did a 3 night Anniversary trip with the wife at 3 different resorts). This was our first time using our DVC membership ever. Went without the kids to celebrate anniversary and get a feel for different resorts to see what would be good places to go with kids in future.

CCV was our first stop. We LOVED it. We are huge fans of WL in general but I haven't stayed there since I was younger. We stayed in a Studio with walk in shower.

The room style was awesome. Totally our vibe. Super close to the lobby area. WL layout is awesome. Nothing is far really. The hardwood floors was a really cool addition. We did Grand Floridian studio (thumbs way down) and Animal Kingdom Lodge (our home resort...loved it).

What happened at VGF?

:earsboy: Bill

What happened at VGF?

First of all, just not really our style. Little too stuffy for us in general. Room was very nice. The Villa section felt pretty far from everything.

But one off's were really the bigger issue here. We checked in around 8 AM (give or take). Clearly, the room wasn't available at that time, so we left our bags and went off to AK for the day. We went to the Nomad Lounge for drinks and when we went to pay with magic bands, they didn't work. They were not set up correctly, so we had to wait 15-20 minutes for the bartender to call back to the resort to get it corrected. Odd but it happens. The much weirder issue was that they never texted us when room was ready. We got back to hotel and asked if the room was ready, they said yes...still odd but maybe the system of notifying wasn't working correctly. Finally, we go to our room, open the door and there is a maintenance worker in there painting the walls. Paint cans were in various areas and the walls were still wet. He was caught off guard since they told him there were no guests in the room that night. He left. I called down the front desk and they were at full capacity so we had to stay in the room. Not a huge deal but for the amount of points it cost to stay there, come on. The hotel manager called and issued a 100 dollar account credit, which was kind, of course.

First of all, just not really our style. Little too stuffy for us in general. Room was very nice. The Villa section felt pretty far from everything.

But one off's were really the bigger issue here. We checked in around 8 AM (give or take). Clearly, the room wasn't available at that time, so we left our bags and went off to AK for the day. We went to the Nomad Lounge for drinks and when we went to pay with magic bands, they didn't work. They were not set up correctly, so we had to wait 15-20 minutes for the bartender to call back to the resort to get it corrected. Odd but it happens. The much weirder issue was that they never texted us when room was ready. We got back to hotel and asked if the room was ready, they said yes...still odd but maybe the system of notifying wasn't working correctly. Finally, we go to our room, open the door and there is a maintenance worker in there painting the walls. Paint cans were in various areas and the walls were still wet. He was caught off guard since they told him there were no guests in the room that night. He left. I called down the front desk and they were at full capacity so we had to stay in the room. Not a huge deal but for the amount of points it cost to stay there, come on. The hotel manager called and issued a 100 dollar account credit, which was kind, of course.
Wow.

Sorry that you had the issues. We have had similar at a couple of other resorts so it isn't unique to VGF.

We liked our room! I definitely prefer Copper Creek over Boulder Ridge. It felt a bit smaller compared to other DVC studios we've stayed in but nothing that would make me not want to stay there again. Great location where you can cut over to the boats and is accessible through the main building as well.

While we didn't stay in the cabins, you can see in them from the boat back from Magic Kingdom (which I think would be a bit of a downside) but they look fantastic!

While we didn't stay in the cabins, you can see in them from the boat back from Magic Kingdom (which I think would be a bit of a downside) but they look fantastic!
What is the downside of seeing the cabins from the boat? Lack of privacy?

I guess the east side would be the same as the boats go to and from the Wilderness Campgrounds too.

maybe not. The cabins on the east side seem to be farther away from the path of the boats (according to the aerial photos). I can tell you this - the Poly Bungalows are close to many boats where they are but it wasn't a big deal for us

They looked beautiful when we walked past them! (we had taken the boat from MK to WL)
So you walked from the Campgrounds dock to the WL past the Eastern cabins? how long of a walk was it? did the path go right in front of the cabins? If you were staying in the farthest east cabin, how long would the walk be to get to the pool? THanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter