Has anyone tried the new mugs with a split stay?

dsneygirl

<font color=blue>My little pirate is here<br><font
We're staying 10 nights (5 and 5)will they let me purchase the length of stay? Surely others will have the same issues?

The only time this would be a problem was if you checked in at a non RFID resort and moved to an RFID resort. If it's RFID to RFID, it shouldn't be an issue since you are allowed to use it at all RFID resorts now.

And do people really buy the mugs for say 14 days but come back to the resort to fill their mugs each day after they've moved out of the resort? Seems like excessive work just for free drinks.

The only time this would be a problem was if you checked in at a non RFID resort and moved to an RFID resort. If it's RFID to RFID, it shouldn't be an issue since you are allowed to use it at all RFID resorts now.

And do people really buy the mugs for say 14 days but come back to the resort to fill their mugs each day after they've moved out of the resort? Seems like excessive work just for free drinks.

Good point. We're doing AKL (Jambo) and BLT (Contemp as well) I would like to just pay the $17.99 on the first day and be good for the 10 days but will the CMs at the Mara understand that?

I guess I will keep my receipt and see what happens at BLT and maybe they can refund?

If anyone else has done it please let me know.

I've read somewhere (can't remember where) that the cashiers can overwrite the expiration day when purchasing. So just advise them when you purchase the cups.
Have fun and keep us posted :)

I've read somewhere (can't remember where) that the cashiers can overwrite the expiration day when purchasing. So just advise them when you purchase the cups.
Have fun and keep us posted :)

Thanks I will report back.

Just got ours at BWV. Paid the $18 (I think) for the rest of our stay....8 days. We move to VWL the last day. We were told it is day specific, not resort specific. You can go to 4 different resorts and be fine, as long as you have that number of days on the cup.

Yep. The length of stay is 14 days not tied to a specific resort. Used it at the Poly, BLT, GF and AKL.

I asked this question to my TA and was told we would have to purchase new when we move. We are at ASSports the moving to SSR.

I asked this question to my TA and was told we would have to purchase new when we move. We are at ASSports the moving to SSR.

Are you on the dining plan @ All Star Sports and then moving to SSR? I wonder if there is a difference if you have the mug as part of a dining plan package versus purchasing for 14 days.

I think your TA is mistaken. The length of stay is 14 days regardless of where it is used. The mugs are all the same design.

There is a little screen on the soda dispenser that will tell you when the mug will expire. When you purchase at AS Sports check ASAP, it should be for 14 days out.

And this is why TAs don't know everything ;)

I think your TA is mistaken. The length of stay is 14 days regardless of where it is used. The mugs are all the same design.

There is a little screen on the soda dispenser that will tell you when the mug will expire. When you purchase at AS Sports check ASAP, it should be for 14 days out.

And this is why TAs don't know everything ;)

Thanks!! Honestly, I have never used a TA before, and the only reason I did this time was bc of the military discount. It was much easier than going directly through disney. So is the length of stay a default of 14 days and not however long your actually stay is? For example, if your stay is only 7 days, you will still have 14 days?

We recently had a split stay between BCV and BLT. We attended an event at CSR. At CSR, we explicitly asked if they would work at all resorts for the length of stay. They said yes, so we purchased them and used them during the day at CSR. When we returned to BCV, they did not work.
After talking to the CMs and showing them our receipt, they said CSR did not have the chips installed so their mugs would not work at most resorts. The manager exchanged our mugs, took our receipt and they were going to talk to CSR manager to make sure they corrected their staff.
Worked flawlessly at BC. When we moved to BLT, it also worked flawlessly. The refill station shows the date it expires.

Mugs with the chips will work at all resorts. Mugs without the chip will only work at resorts with fill stations that have not been updated.

Thanks!! Honestly, I have never used a TA before, and the only reason I did this time was bc of the military discount. It was much easier than going directly through disney. So is the length of stay a default of 14 days and not however long your actually stay is? For example, if your stay is only 7 days, you will still have 14 days?

Correct

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter