Has anyone visited Okinawa?

Agent 86

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I'm planning a trip to Japan in 2019 and in addition to visiting the Happiest Place on Earth (aka Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea), I would like to visit the island of Okinawa.

However, I'm having a bit of trouble finding a suitable hotel. I'd really like to stay at a beachfront hotel (i.e. somewhere where you walk out of the hotel onto the beach and there are sun lounges and umbrellas set up for the guests).

But, I'd also like to be within walking distance of restaurants and convenience stores. The American Village seems to meet this requirement, but the hotels around the American Village aren't beachfront resorts (i.e. none of them seem to be located right on Sunset Beach).

I'm not having much luck finding any beachfront hotels which are also located near a small village / town on the island.

Ideally, the hotel would also be near a public transport / bus stop for getting around the island to various tourist activities (e.g. one or more of the castles on the island).

If anyone has visited Okinawa - where did you stay and was it a good location?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

We stayed at Kanehide Kise beach resort near Nago. It was a beautiful location right on the beach and within walking distance to a konbini and a couple restaurants. You might want to look at the Onna-son area as has some beach front hotels and more amenities around it. I have not stayed there, but it is a popular area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!