Has anyone walked to the Four Seasons?

ScarletFire

DIS Veteran
We like the 1900 loop. It's near the canal and also a short walk to the golf cart trail at the Four Seasons and the fancy neighborhood. We've eaten at Capa, the Michelin starred Four Seasons rooftop steakhouse It was amazing. We drove from the campground but we could walk too. Has anyone walked? Is it allowed?

I think we might try to walk over and eat at the bar.

We like the 1900 loop. It's near the canal and also a short walk to the golf cart trail at the Four Seasons and the fancy neighborhood. We've eaten at Capa, the Michelin starred Four Seasons rooftop steakhouse It was amazing. We drove from the campground but we could walk too. Has anyone walked? Is it allowed?

I think we might try to walk over and eat at the bar.

I am/was a big walker at the Fort, @ScarletFire.

The issue I see with your idea is that there is still a canal/waterway to get over from 1900 to the 4 Seasons Golf Club paved golf cart paths. Even if you could get across the water, you're back behind the CM-only areas of garages etc. that are next to the horse ride corrals and pens. Those are No-Go areas for guests, I'm sure.

A viable alternative, however, is to walk by the Outpost Bus Stop and old FW Kennel on the sidewalk that crosses over the road into the 4 Seasons/Golden Oaks area by the FW bus gate. However, once across the road and into that "land", you have to turn right and follow the sidewalk nearly up to the Golden Oaks/4 Seasons gate, then hang a left to walk down the sidewalk to the 4 Seasons Resort itself (Google Maps/Earth is my friend here). If you were to turn left after leaving FW property, you end up at the 4 Seasons Golf Club and while there are paved golf cart paths to "cut the corner" to the resort, I don't know if walkers are allowed on the course (that's why the neighborhood has sidewalks (not golf cart paths)).

So the long way around would work but I don't know about any shorter route.

Bama Ed

PS - when the Exercise Trail was still there between FW and WL, I would walk it in the early morning and then down the WL entrance road across World Drive to the TTC. After that I would follow the old Marathon route under the waterway towards Contemporary, hoof it to the MK gate, then back to the Contemporary Dock for the resort loop boat to FW (which is no longer an option). This fall when we are there I hope to boat from FW to MK and then walk the new sidewalk and canal bridge to GF. May have to pick up the monorail at that point because of Poly DVC construction where the old Spirit of Aloha was. WDW is not long walk friendly but there are places you can get around to.

Last edited:
I'm a walker too. We're relatively new to Fort Wilderness. We got our camper exactly 2 years ago.

Several years ago, we took the resort boat from CR to the Fort, ate breakfast, walked to WL and then took the boat back to CR. I was way disappointed when I discovered that trail no longer exists.

We ride bikes too. I have a dream of bike lanes all over the Disney resort! But, I'll settle for riding all the loops at Fort Wilderness. I'm excited for the Halloween decor.

The walkway from MK to GF is nice. The last time I checked, you can still walk on to the Poly. I wish the trail connected to WL and CR! And then re-open the trail from WL to FW. Wouldn't that be great if all the MK resorts were connected by a single pathway?

Looks like I previously said the 1900 loop and I meant to say the 1800 loop. Anyways, we walk our dogs along the canal. There's a gate at the end of Disney property that says something like no dogs beyond the point. On the other side of the gate is a paved golf cart trail. What about this? My trail is in blue. I'm definitely going exploring!
1662606388532.png

That looks like a nice walk if the bridge over the canal is "public". I've never walked that far up the canal.

j

Looks like I previously said the 1900 loop and I meant to say the 1800 loop. Anyways, we walk our dogs along the canal. There's a gate at the end of Disney property that says something like no dogs beyond the point. On the other side of the gate is a paved golf cart trail. What about this? My trail is in blue. I'm definitely going exploring!
View attachment 700559
How did that work out for you?

Probably not to well. What I marked in red appears to be a canal.

Attachments

• 1662606388532.png
    1662606388532.png
    577.7 KB · Views: 11
Bing confirms the blue line is blocked with a fence where jkh36619 speculated there is a canal. It looks like there is an earth path covering the canal, but there is a clear gate in the pic below. Conestoga Trail would provide paved access, but it is back stage and inaccessible to guests.

j

1667242472707.png

Zoomed in.

1667242499056.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter