Has anyWine seen my Poutine? A friendly January 2020 dining report * The Plaza Part 2 4/24**

OMG things have gone nuts! Does everyone else feel like the world is upside down? I was pretty good until DL and WDW closed right after all the state schools here did; then today our school district announced they're closing now through the 30th and all of a sudden I feel like nothing is normal :( Combine that with about 10 hours on hold/on the phone today modifying and cancelling client reservations and fielding questions left and right, I definitely need some DIS time!
I am so grateful for the Dis!
That's right, we were doing the Destinations Discovered Tour in Epcot with Jenny and Joe! Jenny and I had started discussing if we should do a tour and we thought this day would be good since the parks would probably be most crowded; since Steve and I had already done the two bigger tours in the MK and also the UnDiscovered Future World tour here this one sounded good and is not that much $$. We needed to be there by 8 for an 8:15 start:
I am putting that tour on my must do list.
We finished up the 2nd half of WS and were done around 1. I highly recommend this tour if the content interests you at all! Having done KTTK, Marceline to the MK and then the 2 tours here I will say that I think I give the edge to the Epcot tours mainly because the details and trivia you learn are not the typical facts you see online and in books. So while the MK tours are awesome and give you some experiences you can't otherwise get, technically I learned more on the Epcot tours :thumbsup2
Sounds like it was a great experience!
Well I'm back again soon as I need a serious break from work :( If you know what I do you know it's been rough with no end in sight; I do hope you all are feeling ok during this, its definitely a trying time on our emotions and mental health. Our 4/6 Disney cruise was officially cancelled and we made a reservation for WDW in it's place, but with a 4/5 check in that was up in the air as well. Then today they officially cancelled the kids spring break, so even if the parks do open we can't go. Unless the parks open but the schools extend their closing, an April Disney trip is off the table for us. To top if off our MB's arrived today in what was probably the quickest turnaround time ever! So that wasn't a fun moment at the mailbox. Still, I realize we all need to focus on the future, down the line when all is back to normal again 🌞
Hope you are hanging in there, Ariane! Definitely a tough time for everyone. Still keeping my fingers crossed that July trips might happen. The big if for us is whether the border opens to non-essential travel.
Here we had onion rings which were unarguably the best; Tofu which was unarguably the worst ::yes:: Sweet Potatoes which were really good and asparagus which I passed off to Steve and I think Jenny may have had some. The dipping salts were awesome! One was green tea which was ok; I don't like green tea but I liked the salt better than I thought. My favorite was the Wasabi salt! The 3rd one I can't remember except that I didn't like it much and it had a weird taste.
Tempura sweet potato is one of my favourite things ever!
I think the grounds are pretty for the most part; the pool is pretty basic. The lobby on the other hand seems VERY boring and basic and not impressive at all, but that's just my opinion. I have seen quite a few pictures of the rooms and they look super nice so I wouldn't necessarily not stay here, but I'm not in a rush. Actually during our trip Molly @Mollydolly334 stayed here and got a REALLY nice upgrade!
I am hoping to check it out on my next trip.
So is there anyone out there who's kids are still currently going to school? Anyone NOT relegated to their house unless they're out shopping for food or :drinking1 If you still have your total freedom enjoy it, and don't take it for granted! Still hoping Ricky gets to go back for some of his senior year; graduation isn't until 6/27 so at least in that respect we have a better chance than states where school ends earlier. For now we're spending lots of time playing board games-Disney themed of course- improvising with fruit snacks filling in for the traffic cones missing from our Disney Monopoly game:
We are allowed to go out for walks, bike rides etc. However only with members of your immediate household. I have never been so grateful that my three get along so well, they are completely happy to hang out together. Grad here is scheduled for June 23rd (also my bday!) and I am hoping it might happen. We were supposed to go back to school April 6th but for now schools are closed indefinitely. As educators, we are not even allowed in the schools to access any of our materials.
Our night plans did not include being warm as you see; we were going to MK after hours! We said good-bye to Melinda and her hubby and took the boat to the park. The event started at 9 and while we planned on being there by 8:30, we were having too good a time hanging out and got delayed. Then the boat took forever so by the time we got there it was almost 9:30 but we still enjoyed 2.5 hours of freezing low crowd fun! We also did get to say hello and ride Pirates with the rest of our EPIC friends @chunkymonkey @disneyAndi14 @Mollydolly334 and I finally got to meet Caroline's adorable daughter and constant traveling partner Andi! She did opt for a princess meet while we rode Pirates though pirate:princess:
Nothing like a good meal at Territory! I'd love to do a DAH one day.
Everyone have a safe week and let's hope this goes away quicker than the Debbie Downers predict 💜💜
Well, I might be a Debbie Downer here but my sister is an ER doc and she said this is going to go on a lot longer than anyone thinks. Without getting too political, there are some "special friends" in high places who do not listen to scientists and doctors. We are looking at months, not weeks.
Yeah I'm not feeling as confident about May...but I feel better about a July or August trip. In fact I'm considering another July 4th trip maybe as an alternate plan. I'd love to do May for my FILs birthday...but don't think that will happen.
I have a July trip planned for my oldest son's 20th birthday but I am very doubtful if it will happen. Currently the Canadian border is closed to all non essential travel and we have no idea when it may re-open. Stay safe!

I wish I took a few pictures but I didn't. We stayed at OKW on our first onsite stay with the boys back in 2007 and we ate at Olivia's 3 or 4x. Every meal was delicious and the resort is really pretty although spread out. It was great for us back then although we've never had the desire to stay there again, but I always remembered enjoying our food at Olivia's.

I often have this on my options list but never seem to stay here, it just seems way to spread out and far from everything for me, i am more of a convenience type of girl. but it is good to know the food is good!

I even took a bit out before taking the picture just to make it different 😁 Lunch done and munching my magic we took a look in the store and then went back to our room to relax a bit and I had to do some work. It was already close to 3 and we were meeting back up with Jenny,Joe,and a few other DIS friends in a few hours! Continuing that in the next post............

haha Magic Bars all around!

We got this twice before and LOVED it; tonight it was still good and hit the spot but a little something was missing. Not sure if they changed chips or toned down the queso? We still managed to finish it though!

This looks good! I think i just like chips, nachos you know they type of thing.

These flatbreads are legions above the theme park flatbreads and while this was a basic Margherita he enjoys it. I also got a flatbread but I forgot to take a picture and I'm so mad because it was amazing! I wanted to get it last time but hesitated; I think I forgot the picture due to the Anything Goes total at this point lol. What I got was the

THis is good to know, i love a good Flat bread! The park flatbreads are not that good!

Yay! I'm just glad you found me now and welcome!!!

You would thinks since i am home allll the time i would have time to catch up but nope!

OMG things have gone nuts! Does everyone else feel like the world is upside down? I was pretty good until DL and WDW closed right after all the state schools here did; then today our school district announced they're closing now through the 30th and all of a sudden I feel like nothing is normal :( Combine that with about 10 hours on hold/on the phone today modifying and cancelling client reservations and fielding questions left and right, I definitely need some DIS time!

I am craving DIS time, being stuck in this house with work and kids is a ALOT for this girl.

This is a terrible picture but it was explained to us that the colors for TOT were determined based on the fact that it can be seen from Morocco! Notice the colors are similar. I took this just a bit to the left of the Port of Entry and of course zoomed in. I have to admit that I have NEVER noticed this before and it shocked me as the TOT's #1 fan! Obviously it's pretty far behind so doesn't look like this when you're there and I think since nobody is looking FOR TOT-it's not usually noticed. Cool huh?

WOW this tour seems fun and like you got a lot of cool facts! i love it

ssorted Vegetable Tempura
Lightly Fried Seasonal Vegetables

Here we had onion rings which were unarguably the best; Tofu which was unarguably the worst ::yes:: Sweet Potatoes which were really good and asparagus which I passed off to Steve and I think Jenny may have had some. The dipping salts were awesome! One was green tea which was ok; I don't like green tea but I liked the salt better than I thought. My favorite was the Wasabi salt! The 3rd one I can't remember except that I didn't like it much and it had a weird taste.

I love good tempura, and now i am craving it and it is just not that good delivered.... blah thanks alot!

Back to the old guy next to us. We all left and Steve stayed behind to talk to him - why, I don't know :rolleyes: The three of us waited outside like 15 minutes and he finally came out to tell us the "poor guys" story.........apparently he and our server were dating :eek: However the managers didn't like her dating him, you know because of the slight 30-40 year age difference -and she wasn't supposed to talk to him in there. They also had apparently just been to an AH at MK like the night before or whatever? So he brought the present which was some type of bread as a peace offering. Oh they were SO much in love! If it weren't for the pesky management they could see so much more of each other. I asked Steve why he needed to talk to engage this guy who was obviously living in a fantasy world and was also probably stalking our poor server. But as many of you know it's a tough life being a hottie, and I guess our server will just have to learn to live with it. It did make for an interesting story!

YEAH no, not sure i love this story at all! CREEPY! but also a bit sad,

I also need to stash the TWO sets of MB's we got for our April trip somewhere other than my dresser because it sucks seeing them all the time. Especially because I got another custom one that is TOTALLY groovy:

SO CUTE Hopefully you will at least be able to use them another time!

Is Steve still working? Or is he home now too? I know some stores are still open, but i am sue if he is going in thats added stress!

• Nachos - Corn Chips, 'Burnt Ends', Queso, Pico de Gallo, Sour Cream

Again chips! I am always quoting the chips haha!

Poor Ricky with his senior year! I feel for these kids so much! I am a bit sick of hearing that they should suck it up! I mean yeah its not a real problem, but its so sad for them! Some of them have worked so hard towards this. I hope he gets his graduation!

Did he pick a school yet did i miss that?

In fact I'm considering another July 4th trip maybe as an alternate plan.
Nice! I think it's a good idea and one that has a really good chance of happening ;)
They are all still trying to figure out what will be the next steps, if that's virtual or something else.
Just yesterday they announced we will be closed through 4/15 and they're supposed to start remote learning the 3rd. But according to my teacher friends in the district they haven't gotten any direction on how to do this. I do feel for them but would also like to know what's going on.....
Aw, I hope he gets to go back for graduation. My sister is a junior and her school play was pushed back, and prom might be cancelled, but they don't know how long they'll be out for yet.
Well now we know through the 15th and Chris is not happy! So at least 3 more weeks to get through :headache: You still working up there?
I got a retro Tomorrowland one!
Oh cool I don't think I saw that one!
am so grateful for the Dis!
It's a nice distraction and reminder of fun, and special times. I admit sometimes I get bummed going on, but usually it makes me feel better :sunny:
Sounds like it was a great experience!
It was a really cool tour, like I said I've enjoyed all the tours we've done but feel the Epcot ones really "teach" you more that you don't find out there on the internet. And neat to walk through a good part of WS while it was closed!

Still keeping my fingers crossed that July trips might happen. The big if for us is whether the border opens to non-essential travel.
I have a sneaky suspicion that, as long as your border is open, July has a really, really good chance of happening :goodvibes
We are allowed to go out for walks, bike rides etc. However only with members of your immediate household. I have never been so grateful that my three get along so well, they are completely happy to hang out together. Grad here is scheduled for June 23rd (also my bday!) and I am hoping it might happen. We were supposed to go back to school April 6th but for now schools are closed indefinitely. As educators, we are not even allowed in the schools to access any of our materials.
Same here except they aren't enforcing that we have to be with our family. It's highly suggested but if you are in groups smaller than 10 you don't get "in trouble". The boys do not get along well lol but they do their own thing in the house, go outside at separate times and both have been doing yard work and helping me inside, so at this point it's still bearable!
Without getting too political, there are some "special friends" in high places who do not listen to scientists and doctors.
Oh, I hear you!
I often have this on my options list but never seem to stay here, it just seems way to spread out and far from everything for me,
We actually stayed at OKW our first time on property in 2010 because Steve's timeshare company at that point still traded with DVC. We actually really liked it, lucked out getting a room but Hospitality House, liked the pool and ate quite a bit at Olivia's. But then the next year we stayed at BCV and never looked back lol! It is a pretty resort though and fairly laid back like SSR.
:sunny:
You would thinks since i am home allll the time i would have time to catch up but nope!
Ha! Well with little ones I know it's not always easy to hang on the DIS!
Is Steve still working? Or is he home now too? I know some stores are still open, but i am sue if he is going in thats added stress!
He isn't going to his Starbucks stores. Only the ones with drive-thru's are open and it's up to each DM if they want to go; he stopped early last week. However he still goes to his friends restaurant and makes pizza a few nights a week since they are open for takeout. He is not one to sit home so it's actually less stress that he has somewhere to go!
Again chips! I am always quoting the chips haha!
I could eat nachos on a daily basis :rotfl2:
Did he pick a school yet did i miss that?
I don't know that I announced it but he did! We officially made the deposit last week, he'll be going to Quinnipiac in Connecticut :):) Very exciting!

Hey guys, I am starting this at 10:30 Saturday night as I sit on hold with Disney, probably won't finish because as soon as they answer it's back to my HULU! But I do want to update again and check in with you all, see how everyone is holding up. I will be honest and say I've had a rough couple of days. I know I'm not the only one but the whole situation is getting to me, even though I try my best to remain positive. As of about 8pm tonight I do feel a tad bit more upbeat, we'll see if it lasts, and being here on the DIS (and busy with work now, yay!) helps! Of course not much else is going on other than super exciting outings to the grocery store. And yes, they ARE super exciting these days since it's pretty much the only place we go. I went to my chiropractor yesterday and felt so FREE!! Other than the fact that we all waited in the parking lot, spread out in parking spaces, and her husband called us in one by one. But that's the safe way to do it and it was 65 degrees yesterday so standing by my car was absolutely fine ☀
In other news I'm not sure I mentioned it here yet, but Ricky is officially enrolled at Quinnipiac University for the fall! 🐯 I know that's a tiger, the mascot is a Bobcat and that's the best emoji the have lol.

Today we were supposed to go there for his Accepted Students Day but alas that was cancelled so they did it virtually:rolleyes1. Not the same and he wasn't thrilled but he still got some good info. out of it.

And fast forward to Sunday night and the passing of another 8 hours on hold with Disney for work :headache: Crazy but I have to say not only are they being wonderful to "us" but to those who had to cancel trips due to the closure as well. Besides being on the phone today we had a visitor:

Oh and note how careful I'm being with straightening my hair these days lol - looks like a raccoon tail in the middle of the back!

And before that Steve and I did a little baking; look familiar?

I have to say they were good! Much sweeter actually than the ones in Disney so after 4 I felt a bit sick :rolleyes1And while the recipe was from a Disney site I feel like the ingredients weren't suggested to be put in/on in the right order. For instance the WL bars always show lots of coconut and while I've assumed there was some type of nuts in them (yes, pecans @suse66 ) the coconut isn't in the forefront on the ones we made so I think it needs to be the last ingredient put on whereas the recipe I used has the condensed milk and pecans going over the coconut. Also I didn't put sprinkles on because I couldn't find the "right" ones - round and kind of flat - I'd need an ACMoore or Hobby Lobby and you know, social distancing and all I only had our grocery store to look in. But to me the mini m&m's made them pretty enough!

And now we go back to happier times when guests flooded the Disney parks: January 21st. It was the day after MLK, AKA our last full park day, AKA Jenny and Joe's @Jenny Sanders departure day. We didn't get up super early after the late AH but we did have one more meal planned together before they headed back to Chicagoland.

Oh wait! First a couple more AH pics:

When 999 Happy Haunts social distance together it gets stinky

Nice hat!

OK so! Jenny had booked some dining before us since we always do ours last minute and graciously offered to add us to their good - bye breakfast this morning. Since it was new to us (and them)and the menu sounded interesting we said sure! Where did we go?

How cute is the Mickey up there on the sign? We arrived just a little early and walked slowly up to the top floor where Topolino's is. We also had some time before our table was ready so first we checked out the view from up there

YO YO YO TOT in the background!

And looked around at the millions of beautiful wines on display:

Finally we were called in to a fairly empty restaurant! Our breakfast I think was at 9:30 so I was kind of surprised it wasn't packed but our server was really good and we ended up seeing many characters more than once. Almost as soon as we sat down Daisy came by:

And we all perused the menu:

Well I'm at my picture limit after posting exactly one food pic in this dining report! Please forgive me, but nothing is normal these days so why should I be any different? I should be back tomorrow to continue Topolino's!

it's back to my HULU!
I have never watched so much tv in my life...

I do want to update again and check in with you all, see how everyone is holding up. I will be honest and say I've had a rough couple of days. I know I'm not the only one but the whole situation is getting to me, even though I try my best to remain positive.
After Trump made the announcement to extend until April 30th, I about lost it. I'm a social person and only being able to run out for groceries is getting a bit depressing. But, I have to sit back and remind myself that it's all for a good reason and things will eventually get back to normal. But, I totally feel you. ❤

Ricky is officially enrolled at Quinnipiac University for the fall! 🐯
CONGRATS Ricky! That's so awesome!!!!!

Oh and note how careful I'm being with straightening my hair these days lol - looks like a raccoon tail in the middle of the back!
At least you know what color your hair is...LOL! My hair looks like crap and I had to take off my nails yesterday so now they look bad too. I'm falling apart. LOL!

Those magic bars look so good!!! Yum!

OK so! Jenny had booked some dining before us since we always do ours last minute and graciously offered to add us to their good - bye breakfast this morning.
That was the perfect way to end our trip. Do you have any pics of me and you with a character???? Cause I have none, nada...

In other news I'm not sure I mentioned it here yet, but Ricky is officially enrolled at Quinnipiac University for the fall! 🐯 I know that's a tiger, the mascot is a Bobcat and that's the best emoji the have lol.
Awesome!!! Congratulations to Ricky! Go Bobcat-gers :)

see how everyone is holding up. I will be honest and say I've had a rough couple of days. I know I'm not the only one but the whole situation is getting to me, even though I try my best to remain positive.

Hey fellow Northeast Quarantiner (is quarantiner a real word yet??). We're on week 2 of self-isolation and so far...so good. I find myself taking it one day at a time, trying not to obsessively check for new cases and basically just falling in love with Andrew Cuomo lol. In Upstate NY, he's often seen as someone who only cares about NYC, but I'm absolutely honored to have him represent NYS during this crisis. Thankful for his leadership..ya know?

I'm wishing the weather was nicer so the kids can go out and play more, but the school work and Disney+ is keeping them pretty busy.

Ricky is officially enrolled at Quinnipiac University for the fall!

AWESOME! Congrats!

Oh there's been A LOT of COVID baking happening in our household lol. I've yet to dive into the Disney treats...but this is a GREAT idea :)

You look very young from the back while sitting on the floor. ;)
I didn't put sprinkles on because I couldn't find the "right" ones - round and kind of flat
The WL used to have a "decorate your cookie" hour on Saturdays from 2-3pm. They served those flat, circular sprinkles. They cancelled the cookie hour but found a new way to use the sprinkles.

I would have put the coconut on top, too. And I would have left off the sprinkles. They really don't add much to the Magic Bars.

And we all perused the menu
It looks like there are plenty of drink choices. I don't see any entrees that I want to try, though.

I have Topolino’s breakfast booked for (hopefully) September trip . Looking forward to reading your thoughts

I will be honest and say I've had a rough couple of days. I know I'm not the only one but the whole situation is getting to me, even though I try my best to remain positive.

:hug::hug::hug: It's so hard. I'm trying not to feel like the world is ending all of the time but those feelings take over a lot of the time. I've never been a huge crier but I cry a lot these days.

In other news I'm not sure I mentioned it here yet, but Ricky is officially enrolled at Quinnipiac University for the fall! 🐯

Congrats!

Oo that's awesome.

I will be honest and say I've had a rough couple of days. I know I'm not the only one but the whole situation is getting to me, even though I try my best to remain positive.
Hang in there! I've been doing ok as I'm not gonna lie I really, really needed a a break from work but after a week I'm ready to go back.

Of course not much else is going on other than super exciting outings to the grocery store. And yes, they ARE super exciting these days since it's pretty much the only place we go.
Jason has us on almost virtual lockdown. I go out for walks and to check in on my dad and aunt/uncle from afar and he doesn't even wanna leave the house. We haven't even been to the grocery store yet but I'm working on an online order as that is all my warden will allow me to do :D

In other news I'm not sure I mentioned it here yet, but Ricky is officially enrolled at Quinnipiac University for the fall! 🐯
WOOHOO!!!! How very exciting and some much needed good news. Is this the one in CT, PA, or NY???

And fast forward to Sunday night and the passing of another 8 hours on hold with Disney for work :headache:
8 hours!!!!!!!! That is just insane. How in 2020 do you have to call for anything?????? Shouldn't a $10B enterprise have an IT system you can use. Ya know like the one my hairdresser with like 100 clients seems to be able to use :earboy2:

Looks delicious. Think I spy your new avatar

I have to say they were good! Much sweeter actually than the ones in Disney so after 4 I felt a bit sick :rolleyes1
Yikes! My teeth hurt just reading about this

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Was it the 999 haunts or @Jenny Sanders and Joe in the next car :confused3

Well now we know through the 15th and Chris is not happy! So at least 3 more weeks to get through :headache: You still working up there?

Nope, we closed a week ago and they laid everyone off. They said they'd call us back when they could open again, but I'm still unsure if that's what will actually happen.

Oh cool I don't think I saw that one!

It's really cute!

I will be honest and say I've had a rough couple of days. I know I'm not the only one but the whole situation is getting to me,

Same. Between work stress and just all this, I've been really off lately. :hug:

In other news I'm not sure I mentioned it here yet, but Ricky is officially enrolled at Quinnipiac University for the fall!

So exciting! Congratulations to Ricky!

That looks amazing! 😋

:rotfl:

Hope your positive mood has lasted for you. It's so tough being home all the time especially if you're usually out and about meeting people. I've been out once in the last 20 days and that was for a doctor's appointment. I'm thinking of becoming a lush and taking up drinking before lunch thanks to photo's here on the dis of smoking sangria's and videos of avocado margaritas! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Love the ride photos, congrats to your son and I may be a little jealous of your tiny visitor😜 I normally look after my wee grandson while his parents work but we have only seen each other by facetime these last weeks :( My ratonal brain tells me it's the right thing to be doing but my goodness I miss all those hugs and kisses and giggles :love:
There's been a bit of baking happening here too as I've convinced the 13year old it's both science and H.E. plus it's food and what 13 yr old boy doesn't like to eat! I did also tell him I was teaching life-skills to which he replied that I really just wanted him to dust and tidy his room:rotfl: Are these not part of the educational curriculum:confused3

Last edited:
but my binge food of choice these days is a tub of edible cookie dough I stumbled upon at a grocery store I don't usually shop in :rolleyes1
You say "edible" like I've made a distinction in the past before :rotfl2: All the same, I should look for it myself - it'd save me the strenuous labor of making my own :thumbsup2 And I'm always looking for new binge-worthy comfort foods ::yes::

probably won't finish because as soon as they answer it's back to my HULU!
What are you watching?? I need a new show, but I can't seem to be inspired by anything.

I will be honest and say I've had a rough couple of days.
Same. I think if we knew how long this whole thing would last, and could count down to that, it'd be one thing. But just not knowing makes it even worse :sad:

Ricky is officially enrolled at Quinnipiac University for the fall! 🐯
YAY!!! Congrats, Ricky!!! :woohoo: That's SO exciting! And remind me again how far away that is from you?

I have never watched so much tv in my life...
It's to the point where I'm checking regular TV before going to HULU or Netflix just for a change if that makes sense.
At least you know what color your hair is...LOL! My hair looks like crap and I had to take off my nails yesterday so now they look bad too. I'm falling apart. LOL!
Yeah but I just realized now that we're shut down through the 30th my April 18th hair appt. isn't happening! And that's when I get my eyebrows done too so I will not be looking too swift in another few weeks :scared:
Those magic bars look so good!!! Yum!
They were delicious and are now gone! I am not making them again anytime soon either because they are NOT good for my girlish figure. They have less calories in Disney :rotfl2:
Do you have any pics of me and you with a character???? Cause I have none, nada...
You know I don't :( Remember unfortunately I had to get up a few times for phone calls so I missed at least one character too.
Hey fellow Northeast Quarantiner (is quarantiner a real word yet??)
:wave: At this point anything we want to be a word, can be a word!
We're on week 2 of self-isolation and so far...so good. I find myself taking it one day at a time, trying not to obsessively check for new cases and basically just falling in love with Andrew Cuomo lol. In Upstate NY, he's often seen as someone who only cares about NYC, but I'm absolutely honored to have him represent NYS during this crisis. Thankful for his leadership..ya know?
I prefer not to watch the news either and tend to walk away if Steve has it on. I do watch Cuomo every other day though and I agree I have been quite impressed with him - even though the other day he referred to everything north of Westchester as upstate :rolleyes: I will forgive him! I think he'd doing a great job and even when he's presenting the stark and realistic facts he somehow makes me feel there's is a light to be seen at the end of this tunnel.
Oh there's been A LOT of COVID baking happening in our household lol. I've yet to dive into the Disney treats...but this is a GREAT idea :)
Right?? We have Ricky's birthday coming up too so there'll be a cake in the near future too - not good when exercise is cut down. I actually have put a few Disney recipes on my "work" FB page and have a few more to go although the magic bars is the only one I've tried so far. I found the recipe for the Avocado marg and definitely want to try that!
You look very young from the back while sitting on the floor. ;)
I will take that compliment and as we get closer to when I SHOULD be seeing my hairdresser I may stick with only posting pictures of me from the back lol
I would have put the coconut on top, too. And I would have left off the sprinkles. They really don't add much to the Magic Bars.
True. If I make them again I will definitely put the coconut on top and I think I'll forego the pecans also.
It looks like there are plenty of drink choices. I don't see any entrees that I want to try, though.
I didn't think the entree choices for breakfast were that varied but we all really enjoyed what we got! I should be doing that update in the next day or two :)
I have Topolino’s breakfast booked for (hopefully) September trip . Looking forward to reading your thoughts
Nice, when are you going in September? We're taking DGD the 22-28th. I hope to get the next Topolino update done asap!

t's so hard. I'm trying not to feel like the world is ending all of the time but those feelings take over a lot of the time.
❤ I cannot even imagine how work is for you, Kelly @buzzrelly , Caroline @disneyAndi14 and all my other nurse friends here; I know my local nurse friends are horrified and saddened every day they go. Lots of hugs to you and please stay safe!
WOOHOO!!!! How very exciting and some much needed good news. Is this the one in CT, PA, or NY???
CT! Just under 90 minutes away so mommy can go visit often :P which is probably the one downside he sees lol. There are 2 Starbucks on the campus and Steve is actually going to see about getting those transferred to him and then he'll be there once or twice a month. That won't bother Ricky because for whatever reason it's not as uncool as mom being around. Who knew???
8 hours!!!!!!!! That is just insane. How in 2020 do you have to call for anything??????
Because they want to make us work for our $$$? Actually by day 2 of the new promo the waits on our line were way better; we have an even secreter secret line than others in my "line of work" 💃 but there are quite often times when things do need to be called in for whatever reason they come up with :rolleyes:
Looks delicious. Think I spy your new avatar
LOL when a co-worker posted that she was writing up the recipe and asked if anyone had any pictures of magic bars I was like - "hold on....................." and I did happen to proudly mention it's my DIS avatar
Was it the 999 haunts or @Jenny Sanders and Joe in the next car
Hey we stand up for our friends!
Nope, we closed a week ago and they laid everyone off. They said they'd call us back when they could open again, but I'm still unsure if that's what will actually happen.
Ugh so sorry, I hope you can take advantage of the new unemployment deal that's out now. My oldest stepson is also laid off for now; I hope you go back soon! Is Josh working?
It's really cute!
Yes it is!! When will you be using it?
Same. Between work stress and just all this, I've been really off lately. :hug:
💕 I have been meaning to text and see how it's been since you went back to work. Hang in there and please be safe xoxo
So exciting! Congratulations to Ricky!
Thank you! It's nice to have good news!
I'm thinking of becoming a lush and taking up drinking before lunch thanks to photo's here on the dis of smoking sangria's and videos of avocado margaritas!
LOL! No shame, it's always 12:00 somewhere!
I may be a little jealous of your tiny visitor😜 I normally look after my wee grandson while his parents work but we have only seen each other by facetime these last weeks :( My ratonal brain tells me it's the right thing to be doing but my goodness I miss all those hugs and kisses and giggles :love:
I feel you! They live about 4 minutes away and aren't going anywhere else or seeing anyone else since my stepson got laid off. They don't see my DIL's family really and weren't seeing my stepson's mom as she was working at a daycare and didn't want to be around Hayden after being around all those kids. Jay (my stepson) and Steve are extremely close so I wasn't surprised they still wanted to see us. My mom on the other hand who is 73 and lives about 25 minutes away is staying home other than an occasional quick grocery run and I miss her terribly. I picked up some chicken and TP for her the other day as she couldn't find any near her; she drove over to get it but stood on the porch while I opened the front door and stood in my front hallway while we talked. Better than nothing but I want to hug her!
There's been a bit of baking happening here too as I've convinced the 13year old it's both science and H.E. plus it's food and what 13 yr old boy doesn't like to eat! I did also tell him I was teaching life-skills to which he replied that I really just wanted him to dust and tidy his room:rotfl: Are these not part of the educational curriculum:confused3
:laughing: I need to try that with Chris!
You say "edible" like I've made a distinction in the past before
LMAO! Well I do feel better if the kids eat dough that is "certified" edible 😂
What are you watching?? I need a new show, but I can't seem to be inspired by anything.
OK so first we watched "The Detour" which is a series with 4 seasons originally on TBS. It's freaking hysterical but the last 2 seasons, while still pretty hysterical, were also a bit ridiculous. Plus it ended on a season finale and not a series finale and then got cancelled and you know that always stinks!
Then we watched "11-22-63" which is an 8 part series based on a book by Stephen King and it's the day Kennedy was shot. The book was amazing and the show was SO good; starts James Franco so :P:P:P I highly recommend it! We just finished that tonight so not sure what'll be next but I think we need to watch Tiger King...............
YAY!!! Congrats, Ricky!!! :woohoo: That's SO exciting! And remind me again how far away that is from you?

:thanks: It's only an hour and 26 minutes away so I can handle it!

Work is not fun and down right scary! I am thankful I live in a smaller city and I don’t work in the ICU anymore! I pray everyday for all the nurses out there especially the ones in the high risk areas of the hospitals!
Masks do nothing for the hair, lol!
5661AC96-3424-4548-BD3A-8C90E43D1CEA.jpeg
This is my new work normal now. I do have a Disney shirt on under my other shirt, haha 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter