Has FastPass+ Made Smugglers Run a zoo?

starting to think I made a mistake picking SDD over SR in April.

I am not sure how much it matters anymore. If you want to accomplish SDD, MF:SR, and MMRR. You have to front of pack RD one, FP+ another, and get in line at end of night for remaining one. This is the only way to pull all three off with "minimal" wait. If you just do stand by at any point in the day they are probably going to be within 15ish minutes of each other. There is always the outside chance of 4th FP+ refresh for one of them.

I think DHS, in general, is going to be a zoo until Rise of the Resistance boarding group mess dies down.
With a now HUGE incentive to be at the park before park opening, the park just seems overly crowded in that first hour .. i saw a video where Smuggler's run Standy line was going INTO Toy Story Land within the first 20 minutes of the day. That is crazy.

I'm not even sure how to tackle DHS for the next trip. Try (and probably fail due to only a "short" 4 night resort stay) to get a FP for MMRR, then maybe SDD, then maybe MFSR? All the while "gambling" that I can be one of the lucky few at 8:00 am to get in a boarding group. And if I don't? What? Try another day? Pony up for Park Hoppers so I can just bail on DHS if I don't get in on a boarding group?

That same video I watched showed TONS of people lining up and talking to Guest Experiences at several of those Guest Experience Team kiosks during the first 30 minutes of the morning.

I am sure there is a lot of unhappy guests due to the boarding groups and now long lines for the DHS attractions.

View attachment 476911

Borrowed the above graph.

I think it is clear that FP+ has killed standby here.

What am I missing? The only day on the chart where there were FPs is the blue, correct? 2/22. FPs started on 2/19? 2/22 is barely higher than 2/15. It’s high (as it has to be) but it’s not that much worse.
And yay that it still drops at park close.

IMO one would need more data than just every Saturday going back to January to really visualize the difference. It of course makes sense that every Saturday in Feb kept getting more stout, that's pretty much how Feb has gone property wide. I was in DHS this past Saturday and it was an absolute zoo. While FP absolutely influenced that 2/22 line, I'd want to see more data.

I've been looking a lot trying to figure out my Fastpasses since I book in two days. It seems to me that it's typically comparable to SDD. Sometimes a little longer but is 125 vs 135 really a big difference? You're already looking at a long wait

IMO one would need more data than just every Saturday going back to January to really visualize the difference. It of course makes sense that every Saturday in Feb kept getting more stout, that's pretty much how Feb has gone property wide. I was in DHS this past Saturday and it was an absolute zoo. While FP absolutely influenced that 2/22 line, I'd want to see more data.

It’s just not showing the doom and gloom, FP is the death-of-everything-fun-in-the-parks that bloggers have been saying since the birth of FP. Given all that I would expect the Sat after FP to have 2-3 times the wait times. It’s nowhere near that level of impact (on this admittedly extremely small data set).

I think DHS, in general, is going to be a zoo until Rise of the Resistance boarding group mess dies down.
With a now HUGE incentive to be at the park before park opening, the park just seems overly crowded in that first hour .. i saw a video where Smuggler's run Standy line was going INTO Toy Story Land within the first 20 minutes of the day. That is crazy.

I'm not even sure how to tackle DHS for the next trip. Try (and probably fail due to only a "short" 4 night resort stay) to get a FP for MMRR, then maybe SDD, then maybe MFSR? All the while "gambling" that I can be one of the lucky few at 8:00 am to get in a boarding group. And if I don't? What? Try another day? Pony up for Park Hoppers so I can just bail on DHS if I don't get in on a boarding group?

IMO park hoppers are a must if you are looking to have a HS intensive trip in a short (4 day) trip. I've got 4 full and 1 half day for my april trip and am planning on being in HS at least three of the days (last full day, full half day, + rope dropping HS on my EP day)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter