Have a few question about the GM lounge for a reception...

No, and it is SUPER frustrating! The lists I have on my site are the closest they've ever gotten to creating one. But it's probably because their vendor's inventory changes all the time, so there's no easy way to keep track of it. You just have to email back and forth with your Floral coordinator, giving them ideas and then seeing what they can actually get.

Also, how common or if you know how easy it is to get the circular arc tables like you always see in the Isola pics? I love the look of that, but not sure that would even be possible up there.

Thanks!! I figured if there was one, you would have had it! But had to ask just in case.

Okay, so now to pick your brain again, how often would you say you hear of them saying NO for GM Lounge requests? Just wondering how typical it is to get it. She really wants indoors. We live here in Florida and she HATES to sweat, so even in Jan/Feb, the chance of a hot day is too much chance for her to take! LOL.

Supposedly it's harder to get approved before 6pm on weekdays (since it needs to be open for GM guests), but I've never heard of anyone not being able to use it.

Also, how common or if you know how easy it is to get the circular arc tables like you always see in the Isola pics? I love the look of that, but not sure that would even be possible up there.

It is very easy to get them if they fit your space and if you have the moolah! You pay per section, so I'd say with a space like GM Lounge you're not going to be able to fit very many sections. This one from the bridal showcase seats 14 or 16 and costs $2,000 just for the table (O-shaped chairs are extra).

O_Table.jpg

Supposedly it's harder to get approved before 6pm on weekdays (since it needs to be open for GM guests), but I've never heard of anyone not being able to use it.

It is very easy to get them if they fit your space and if you have the moolah! You pay per section, so I'd say with a space like GM Lounge you're not going to be able to fit very many sections. This one from the bridal showcase seats 14 or 16 and costs $2,000 just for the table (O-shaped chairs are extra).

O_Table.jpg

Oh wow! That's so cool looking, but yeah, that's a lot of money just for tables! Thank you! I wonder if they are going to hold the showcases in 2021? Hope so!

Thanks for the info on GM Lounge, it would be for lunch time so here's hoping!

I'm hoping for the GM Lounge on a weekday, maybe lunch, maybe dinner reception depending on where our ceremony ends up...I get that responses are delayed because of all the furloughs and rescheduled weddings, but I am too type A to not keep moving forward lol

If there are any brides/grooms that have had receptions here, are there any benefits to renting the lobby and the conference room? Maybe to do a pre-reception or to get the buffet out of the way for dancing?

Can you take those photos of cars off the walls or cover them up somehow?

It's good to rent the lobby if you want to do your cocktail hour there and not have guests see the reception setup in the main room. But there are different places you can have the buffet set up in the main room so it doesn't encroach on the dance floor.

You could pay Disney for pipe and drape to put in front of the car photos, but GM is not going to let you take them down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts