Have AP voucher but cannot see Passholder rates

MinnieMSue

DIS Veteran
trying to look at Passholder rates on-line and the computer takes me to the page to purchase annual passes even though I have AP linked to me in my account. I have tried on a computer at work, on safari and even on private safari and it won’t show me rates - just dumps me to the AP purchase page. Any houghts?

trying to look at Passholder rates on-line and the computer takes me to the page to purchase annual passes even though I have AP linked to me in my account. I have tried on a computer at work, on safari and even on private safari and it won’t show me rates - just dumps me to the AP purchase page. Any houghts?

Moved this to the Discounts board.

Just making sure, are you looking at this screen below and scrolling the discounts at the top all the way to the right?

AP Discount Screen.png

Yes I am clicking on the Passholder offer and then it takes me to the page to buy apass instead of showing me hotels under the offer or what is available under the offer. Thanks for moving it to the correct place by the way.

Yes I am clicking on the Passholder offer and then it takes me to the page to buy apass instead of showing me hotels under the offer or what is available under the offer. Thanks for moving it to the correct place by the way.

Unfortunately, I’ve read multiple reports of similar problems as what you seem to be having. My advice lately has been to try Chrome Incognito (it fixed some AP discount problems I have been having in Safari). Have you tried that, or just Safari and private Safari?

I know you can book with a voucher - I am waiting to see if they have an AP discount for summer and will just have to call at that point I guess. Thanks.

Unfortunately, I’ve read multiple reports of similar problems as what you seem to be having. My advice lately has been to try Chrome Incognito (it fixed some AP discount problems I have been having in Safari). Have you tried that, or just Safari and private Safari?

I will have to try on my daughter’s chrome book next week I guess. It is the one thing I haven’t tried yet. Thanks

I will have to try on my daughter’s chrome book next week I guess. It is the one thing I haven’t tried yet. Thanks

Good luck. Not sure what kind of computer you have but, FYI, I use Chrome as my browser on my Ipad (prefer it over Safari) and also use Chrome as my browser on my PC.

I know you can book with a voucher - I am waiting to see if they have an AP discount for summer and will just have to call at that point I guess. Thanks.

I know you can book with a voucher too, but again, I thought that seeing the actual discounted rates requires an activated AP and booking does not, because you have to show a valid AP at check-in, but not during booking.

Good luck. Not sure what kind of computer you have but, FYI, I use Chrome as my browser on my Ipad (prefer it over Safari) and also use Chrome as my browser on my PC.

I don’t have a computer - just an iPhone. My daughter has the chrome book and Work uses explorer and they would be very unhappy if I changed anything here. It would be easier if I could do it myself without calling but such is life with Disney IT.

I know you can book with a voucher too, but again, I thought that seeing the actual discounted rates requires an activated AP and booking does not, because you have to show a valid AP at check-in, but not during booking.

Hopefully I don’t have to show my activated pass at check in because I can’t activate until I get there and probably won’t get to a park until that night or most likely the next day to activate it. I swear last time I had a pass I could look at rates before it was activated but who knows?

I have been having issues in Chrome on and off for months now, when trying to do things on the Disney website.

When this happens I have to switch to Firefox to get anything done on their website. It's really frustrating.

Hopefully I don’t have to show my activated pass at check in because I can’t activate until I get there and probably won’t get to a park until that night or most likely the next day to activate it. I swear last time I had a pass I could look at rates before it was activated but who knows?
I have a voucher as well and can't see rates or anything. It takes me to the purchase page. I've called twice and been told 1. I should be able to see it, try again, try different browser etc.
2. With a different CM was told I will be able to access all of that and book ap rates after activation.
:confused3
Good luck.
ETA: if you find out let me know. I'd live to access and book ap rates prior to activation.

I've had this problem for years (Firefox and IE), through and including today. Active AP, no voucher. Sometimes it knows I have an AP, other times I get sent to the buy an AP screen. Its frustrating (I hate calling Disney reservations). Once in a while - but not always - I get it fixed by logging in again.

I'm sorry you're having this issue. I know it's frustrating!

I wanted to confirm that a person with a linked AP voucher should be able to see the passholder rates. I checked just now, and I can see them.

The last time I had issues, I think clearing my cache fixed it.

Good luck!

Just wanted to add, many of us are happy to look up AP discounts if you post specific search parameters. Always happy to help if I have a few minutes to spare. :-)

Just wanted to add, many of us are happy to look up AP discounts if you post specific search parameters. Always happy to help if I have a few minutes to spare. :-)

Thanks for the offer. I will probably wait until they (hopefully) post later summer AP or other discounts and call to book. I just don’t like being on hold forever like often happens when a discount drops. I appreciate everyone’s input. I guess it is a case of Disney’s cruddy website. I am glad it isn’t just me and am sorry others are having this issue. I guess my company isn’t the only one with lousy Internet support and poorly designed websites.

I don’t have a computer - just an iPhone. My daughter has the chrome book and Work uses explorer and they would be very unhappy if I changed anything here. It would be easier if I could do it myself without calling but such is life with Disney IT.

You don't have to change any settings on your work computer...just open Explorer and try InPrivate Browsing. Once the private window is opened, go to the WDW site in that window, log in and try to see the offers.

Per Google, since I'm a Chrome gal...
"To launch InPrivate Browsing in Internet Explorer, click on Settings > Safety > InPrivate Browsing. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+P to launch it. Alternatively, you can right-click on the IE taskbar icon and select Start InPrivate Browsing."

I have an active AP and have had all kinds of trouble lately. Often I can't see ANY disounts - just room and package. I use Chrome, and have tried Safari with the same results.

Hi..as of 2 days ago...my husband and I have just started considering buying an annual pass for our planned 2019 trip. I have been doing alot of research in last 2 days and have read that you can get access to the discount room rates before activating the actual annual pass...I have been reading people have been having the problems mentioned here, which sucks...I hope you work it out soon.

My question is...after purchasing an annual pass..how long do you actually have before it becomes invalid...that is...how long can you you buy it before you actually want to activate it and start visiting the parks. I really don't want to buy it too early in order to book room and then find out that there is a requirement to validate the pass within a certain time limit. (hope my question makes sense)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!