Have the reservation, but airlines????

melliesmom

Earning My Ears
Ok, who out there got some good flights for Thanksgiving Week. I can't seem to find anything out of Ohio. We reserved our rooms, but no flights under $500.00 are coming up. Anybody got any idea if there will be some, at least decent, good rates coming out? When does Southwest start giving out there Nov. rates? I want to be the first one on. We never paid over $225.00 for our flight during that time. Any ideas? Thanks!

Southwest rates for june are not in the system yet! i would think perhaps november would be out late august/early september. have you signed up for their weekly internet specials? this is delivered to your email inbox. just keep watching their website. good luck! :p

I know it's very hard to be patient when planning a trip (I have the same problem), but you really are going to have to wait before a good rate comes out for November. I will venture to say July or August. If anyone else has a better suggestion, I would also like to know, but this is my experience. We are going to WDW in early December and I can't stand it because I can't really book anything yet with a good rate.

Good luck.

I bought our airfare for Thanksgiving 2002 in early July 2002. It was the best rate I had seen and soon after that they went way up and didnt come down much at all. I bought our tickets and one month later my dad and his family decided to go with us and they ended up paying $150 more than we did. We flew American (will never do that again:mad: ) and I noticed that soon after Southwest had announced their fares for that time period most of the major carries lowered theres as well. Good Luck

Sign up for any fare tracker and look up the available seats in that airline to get a better idea when to purchase. I was told by a girlfriend of mine who is a travel agent that the week of Sep 11 last year the airline companies did offer some of the lowest rates for Nov-Dec excluding thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. But I guess that does not matter if the flight you really want is sold out by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter