Have you ever accidentally "hit yourself" or something similar? (read for more info)

wilbret

DIS Veteran
I was packing a sleeping bag in a compression sack this weekend, and while pulling a strap tight, I lost my grip, and clobbered myself in my face in my left brow. Yep.
I literally saw stars and reeled for a moment. It is tender, was obviously swollen, but luckily not black and blue (yet) lol.

I wouldn't want to get into a fight with me!

Ha, yes! I was leaving work one day, and for some unexplainable reason I smacked myself in the head with my car door. It was like a cartoon moment- little birds flying around my head. Who does that?!? My first thought was hoping no one saw me. I had a big bruise for a while. I even cut bangs to hide it. That’s a whole ‘nother story. Two wrongs definitely did not make a right.

I knocked myself nearly unconscious with a golf club once.
I was getting into bed and somehow nailed myself in the head with the corner of the bedside table.
I've had the back gate of my truck come down and bop me straight in the skull while unloading things.

I use air hoses a lot at work. They are everywhere around the plant on reels. I was winding one up the other day and while doing that, you run it through your hand because it will be all twisted up. It will untwist while you reel it until close to the end where the end was untwisting by my feet, jumped up, and hit me.... well.... :eek:

I was doing some yard work and attempting to pull some vines out of a tree. I pulled and pulled until it broke free, smacking myself in the face while falling backward and rolling on the ground. I got up, dusted myself off and thought no one saw. Then I saw my wife in the front window laughing. Good times.

A couple of months ago, I was putting plastic shelving up in the garage. I'd put a shelf together too high, so I decided to pull it apart. The plastic "pole" was in really tight, so I pulled really hard...then I jammed the pole into my face, right below my nose. It drew blood, and hurt like heck.

Myself? Don't recall that ever happening.

However, once I was on our bed (king sized) with our kid - maybe 2 or 3. Kid was getting really close to the edge and looked about ready to fall off when I tried to prevent that. Ended up overshooting, hitting my kid in the nose with my elbow, and ending up with a bloody nose. Not my best day, but my kid actually handled it pretty well.

Not hit myself but it was dumb. I was helping someone into the backseat of a car and I said, "be careful not to hit your head." Then when I leaned in to help with their seat belt I hit my head on the door frame so bad my mother probably said ouch.

I worked doing inspection in subway tunnels for a while. That made me a big proponent of hard hats, . I clobbered myself on a regular basis working my way through the concrete forms - I'd rise up quickly thinking I'd cleared the form and BAM! Full force, head to formwork. Those hard hats work though - I'd end up with a sore neck, but my head was always fine.

The top of my head and the bottom of the freezer door have met more than once. Also, the car frame and I have been introduced at least 3 times...

I've slammed my hand in a car door, had it caught in the car window as it was rolling up, and had it caught in an elevator door once (door slid open, my hand slid right along with it; was jammed in there with the door open for about 5 minutes...I was 11-12).

DH and I have done the 'oh, you dropped this, I'll pick it up' slam heads together routine enough that now, when someone drops something, we stop and look at each other until one of us goes "I'm picking it up now"....

All.The.Time. I am a klutz.

I am in the middle of painting all the baseboards and doors in my house. Whacked myself in the head with the door I was painting. :rolleyes2

Most painful as of late though was when I was fluffing accent pillows on the couch. I punch the sides with my fists ... well I somehow missed the pillow and just punched my fists together. I was trying to really "fluff" that pillow because my punch HURT! After I did it and the pain started to subside I laughed at how absolutely stupid I must have looked.

Oh yeah I just remembered the time I was driving down the highway with the windows down, sunroof open... but then it got TOO windy, so I tried to close them. And promptly got my hair stuck in BOTH!!!!
so I had to figure out how to pull over and deal with THAT :crazy2:

One night I was turning off lights and heading to bed. I was walking into the kitchen (in the dark) to put my glass of water away. I took one last drink as I was walking and walked right into the living room wall, just missing the entrance to the kitchen. The rim of that glass hitting the bridge of my nose is a pain I still remember 15 years later!

No I never went ten rounds with myself like in the OP, but there were some hijinx.

I remember cutting something with a box cutter, slipped, and the blade sunk right into my thumb. Lots of blood, and there's a very faint scar now.

Years ago, went to the shed in my parents' back yard, opened the door- and Kablonkers! A medium-sized ladder fell right on my noggin.

All.The.Time. I am a klutz.

I am in the middle of painting all the baseboards and doors in my house. Whacked myself in the head with the door I was painting. :rolleyes2

Most painful as of late though was when I was fluffing accent pillows on the couch. I punch the sides with my fists ... well I somehow missed the pillow and just punched my fists together. I was trying to really "fluff" that pillow because my punch HURT! After I did it and the pain started to subside I laughed at how absolutely stupid I must have looked.
Ok the pillow incident made me laugh out loud for a few seconds. :D

LOL (not at you)... Couple years ago I was pulling my old axe out of the stump and the handle came away from the head. I cracked myself full between the eyes with the axe handle and put myself on my back. I may have been out cold, don't really know. Wife takes me to ER because the area was a bit 'mooshy'. When they asked what happened, I deadpanned, "She beats me." Nobody thought it was funny.

Starting to think about my past. Once when I was a kid we got home and I took a bit longer to get out of the car parked in our driveway. I didn't have the key since my mom had the house key on the same keychain. Well she wouldn't have given it to me anyways, but I digress. So I got out, locked the door, and closed it. Right on my thumb. It wasn't super painful, but I couldn't extract my thumb out of there. I just yelled until she got there and unlocked the door.

There was no blood. Maybe a light bruise and no broken bones. My thumb didn't even start swelling (I've had a swollen toe from a sports injury though). The only weirdness was a ridge on my thumbnail across where the door closed on my thumb. My nail didn't fall off (I've had a new nail push out the damaged one before). However, that's probably the craziest self-inflicted injury I've ever had.

I must have really bad spatial awareness, because I'm always whacking my head and limbs on things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter