• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you ever ended a trip early

Matt71

Self appointed voice of reason
I'm just curious if anyone has been forced to leave WDW early.

If you've ever had to end a trip prematurely, what happened?

If you haven't, what would it take to get you to leave early?

And finally, how accommodating is Disney when this happens? Do they ever refund money or assist with flight changes and the associated fees?

For a death in the family, medical emergency of either someone in your party or an immeduate relative at home they have been very accomodating. I've had all these situations with client's trips over the years.

I don't beleive there is any official policy though. They seem to act on a case by case basis depending on what your needs are. They can only control the "Disney costs" on your trip, never able to help with airline change fees or increased fares, though they may assist you with rebooking your flight at times. I have seen refunded package amounts for unused nights and features, sometimes (not always depending on the pass and how much is used) unused passes. Since extra days on passes are only a few dollars now I don't think most people would consider a pass refund an issue.

My mother & father in law went to Disney the Christmas before last and they came home three days early. They were booked at a resort off site so I don't know what happened with that. They came home early because the place was packed, and they hate crowds. I warned them that it would be busy. I guess they will never go back after that. :sad2:

We lost 2 days in 1999 due to Hurricane Floyd. Still have the paper they slipped under the door telling us to put our heads between our legs and kiss certain things goodbye. lol. Seriously though. We only left to go home and prepare for the possibility that it might jump into the Gulf. It didn't. Disney refunded us wayyyy more money than they had to.

We haven't experienced leaving WDW as early as our scheduled date. But the worst reason why you will leave WDW early is if there's an emergency, like death of a family member. Crowded won't bother us, as long as we are having fun. :)

We had to leave a day early one year due to a death back home. I honestly don't remember what all we were refunded - at the time it really didn't matter to us. I think they may have just refunded us for one night at the resort. But they were very accomodating and understanding. I think when things like that happen they really try to work with you as much as possible.

My now 6 year old dd is autistic and 2 years ago we had to leave our week long vacation only 2 days into it because of her health issues. We booked our flights ourselves through southwest and they changed our flights and waived the change fees. Disney pro-rated our hotel and refunded us for the days that we did not use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter