Having Annual Passes means infinite Disney trips, right? *COMPLETED* 6/5 California Grill Brunch

Sunday brunch was one of my favorites from my last trip!
It was really great. I'm going there again this Sunday :)

Ill be trying those crepes in August. They weren’t there when I went last year.
Oh I wonder if it's something they change seasonally? It was more of an action station since they had a chef creating them in front of you, was pretty cool to watch.

Our backup plan was that I would go with my mom to brunch and my Fiance and Dad would eat somewhere else. Then right before we left for our trip I got the notification and grabbed the reservation. So after lots of stress it all worked out :worship:

upload_2018-6-5_8-13-23-png.327326
So glad to see this worked out for you. I'm currently stalking a dinner reservation for 5 for my birthday in August. I've actually gotten one notification but the text came through in the middle of the night and I saw something in my sleepy haze about California and thought it was an amber alert :scared1: Needless to say I missed out.

upload_2018-6-5_8-15-24-png.327328

When you first arrive they give you mimosas, that you can go up and get more of our your server can bring you. These tasted really great.
Looks like they changed these out since we were there. I don't recall the boba balls and ours were mostly orange juice vice champagne. I think I would have preferred what you all got :drinking1

upload_2018-6-5_8-20-14-png.327335

My favorite item of the day. I love Deviled Eggs and these were made perfectly. They were creamy and delicious with a little piece of bacon on top.
So glad to hear you liked these. They were amongst my favorites too. Love me some deviled eggs

upload_2018-6-5_8-53-37-png.327360

I had wanted to try the lobster eggs Benedict since I had read my first review of this place. I've never actually had Eggs Benedict before and discovered after getting this that I'm not actually a fan. The waitress was really nice about it and brought the menu back for me to pick something else.
They are definitely an acquired taste. I love them, but oddly not the usual canadian bacon, so this was right up my alley.

upload_2018-6-5_8-55-4-png.327363

This was so good I'd definitely order it again.
Wow!!!! Think I may be willing to give up eggs Benedict for this !

upload_2018-6-5_8-59-49-png.327366

When I got my second dish my dad ordered the Blueberry Pancakes with Local Blueberries, Vanilla Custard, Blueberry Compote, Warm Canadian Maple Syrup. My dad is a total health nut so I was really surprised he ordered these, but he enjoyed them greatly.
Wow these look and sound awesome too. They have so many amazing options.

his is where the second spill of the trip happened. I filled my cup for hot coffee and cream. Luckily I put a lot of cream in my coffee so it wasn't burning hot, because my fiance accidentally hit the cup and spilled it all over me. Luckily I had black leggings on so it wasn't really noticeable, but he felt pretty terrible for spilling stuff on me for a second time.
:scared1:

So this concludes my Dining Trip Report. We had a wonderful year of eating around Disney World and loved sharing it with all of you. Thank you all for sticking with me this entire time :) I'm not going to write an entire year of reviews again for our new annual passes, but I will do a review for my Wedding week in November, so I hope to see you all again real soon. ::MickeyMo
Thank you so much for sharing your year of adventures with us. I am oh so envious of how much you are able to get to Disney. Oh what location can do. Can't wait to hear about the wedding!

Thanks for posting was fun to look at
I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

So glad to see this worked out for you. I'm currently stalking a dinner reservation for 5 for my birthday in August. I've actually gotten one notification but the text came through in the middle of the night and I saw something in my sleepy haze about California and thought it was an amber alert :scared1: Needless to say I missed out.
I've lucked out with the texts most have come during the day when I'm by a computer. The ones that come in the middle of the night are a lot harder, I wouldn't even wake up to the sound of a text. Don't give up, I'm sure something else will pop up.

Looks like they changed these out since we were there. I don't recall the boba balls and ours were mostly orange juice vice champagne. I think I would have preferred what you all got :drinking1
I didn't really think about it at the time, but you're right these were all champagne with the boba balls of fruit, I didn't taste any orange juice. They were really nice. I'm going there again this Sunday, I wonder if they'll still have these.

So glad to hear you liked these. They were amongst my favorites too. Love me some deviled eggs
They are so good, I need to learn to make them

Wow!!!! Think I may be willing to give up eggs Benedict for this !
This was incredible, highly recommend it

Wow these look and sound awesome too. They have so many amazing options.
I know they have so many good things, I wish the portion sizes were smaller so you could order a bunch of them without being overly stuffed.

Thank you so much for sharing your year of adventures with us. I am oh so envious of how much you are able to get to Disney. Oh what location can do. Can't wait to hear about the wedding!
I have such a nice Fiance who lets me plan all these crazy trips :) We have a few set up for the upcoming year, but we are definitely not renewing again. I'm scared of the Star Wars crowds and want to wait until that dies down a bit. I'm really happy you enjoyed reading along for the last year :)

It was really great. I'm going there again this Sunday :)

I’m glad to hear that they haven’t notified you of any changes. The brunch was taken off the reservation site (yesterday I think) and isn’t available to select this Sunday through December. Hoping it’s just glitch.

Please report back if you hear anything :goodvibes

I’m glad to hear that they haven’t notified you of any changes. The brunch was taken off the reservation site (yesterday I think) and isn’t available to select this Sunday through December. Hoping it’s just glitch.

Please report back if you hear anything :goodvibes
Hopefully it is a glitch, they definitely would need to tell people with reservations this Sunday. If I do get an email I'll let people know, but fingers crossed that doesn't happen. I really want to go.

I really want to try California Grill brunch, but I'm not sure when that will work out for us. It looks amazing!

I've enjoyed reading your reports. Can't wait to read more in November.

I just binge-read this entire report over the last couple of days. You worked so hard on this - it's amazing! :)

Congrats on the engagement!!!!

I really want to try California Grill brunch, but I'm not sure when that will work out for us. It looks amazing!

I've enjoyed reading your reports. Can't wait to read more in November.
It is a hard one to plan into a trip since the meal takes a while and it's only offered on Sundays. There are some rumors going around that they are getting rid of it all together because it's been removed off the website. So far nothing has been confirmed, but I hope that's not the case. It really is a great meal I'm excited to try it again. I'm glad you enjoyed reading everything, see you in November :)

I just binge-read this entire report over the last couple of days. You worked so hard on this - it's amazing! :)

Congrats on the engagement!!!!
That is a long binge-read! I've always found these reviews to be so helpful when planning a trip. I'm a visual person so seeing pictures of the food and reading real opinions on it is great when planning my trips. I wanted to share that with others. Thank you! :)

Your report was awesome. Congrats on your upcoming wedding.
Thank you for reading along and thank you! I have a lot of fun restaurants booked for my wedding week that I can't wait to share :)

I ended up going with the vanilla bean french toast, which was amazing.

upload_2018-6-5_8-55-4-png.327363

I had that too and really liked it :p

So this concludes my Dining Trip Report. We had a wonderful year of eating around Disney World and loved sharing it with all of you. Thank you all for sticking with me this entire time :) I'm not going to write an entire year of reviews again for our new annual passes, but I will do a review for my Wedding week in November, so I hope to see you all again real soon. ::MickeyMo

Can't wait to read about your wedding week!

Finally all caught up again! Love love love that y'all had so much awesome food at Victoria & Albert's and then at CG brunch. It's been an amazing year dining with you and your now fiancé! Looking forward to the year ahead and best wishes in your six month countdown!!!!!

I had that too and really liked it :p
This is definitely my favorite thing on the menu where you order food. I'm sorry your last meal there wasn't as great as it should have been.

Can't wait to read about your wedding week!
I can't wait to share :)

Finally all caught up again! Love love love that y'all had so much awesome food at Victoria & Albert's and then at CG brunch. It's been an amazing year dining with you and your now fiancé! Looking forward to the year ahead and best wishes in your six month countdown!!!!!
We had some amazing meals this past year and our last meal on the annual pass was a definite success. It's crazy how I have less than 6 months until the wedding, this year is flying by.

That dessert is so good, we compare every souffle we try elsewhere to it. It is a really special meal. For Christmas do they do something different? It sounds like you have a lot of wonderful memories there :)

So sorry for the delayed response. The menu wasn't particularly different, or even Christmassy. But, each dish included something a little special. The amuse bouche was lobster four ways, caviar and truffles were delightful additions to other courses. I think it was the simple fact we were enjoying our Christmas dinner together in such lovely surroundings that made the meal festive. Of course, the harpist did add a few seasonal offerings to the evening. But, nothing so gauche as Jingle Bells! It was Victoria & Albert's and we weren't complaining and, yes, the soufflé was superb! :D

So sorry for the delayed response. The menu wasn't particularly different, or even Christmassy. But, each dish included something a little special. The amuse bouche was lobster four ways, caviar and truffles were delightful additions to other courses. I think it was the simple fact we were enjoying our Christmas dinner together in such lovely surroundings that made the meal festive. Of course, the harpist did add a few seasonal offerings to the evening. But, nothing so gauche as Jingle Bells! It was Victoria & Albert's and we weren't complaining and, yes, the soufflé was superb! :D
That sounds really nice. I feel like they make it a little more special than the normal nights since it's a holiday. I'll have to try it one day on Christmas. Lobster for an amuse bouche sounds wonderful

That sounds really nice. I feel like they make it a little more special than the normal nights since it's a holiday. I'll have to try it one day on Christmas. Lobster for an amuse bouche sounds wonderful
It was superb! Had it been a 'regular' meal, I would have been content with that alone!

I'm recently obsessed with the Disney wedding podcast now that the stress of my wedding is behind me. Any hope you might do a planning journal on the wedding boards? :rolleyes1:D:flower3::flower3::flower3: Some of us need to live the fairytale vicariously, after all!

Thanks for sharing your year of dining! Can't wait to hear all about your wedding!
Thank you for reading along this past year :) I'm excited to write about my wedding week, it's coming up fast.

I'm recently obsessed with the Disney wedding podcast now that the stress of my wedding is behind me. Any hope you might do a planning journal on the wedding boards? :rolleyes1:D:flower3::flower3::flower3: Some of us need to live the fairytale vicariously, after all!
LOL, I thought about doing one when I first booked the date, but I don't think I'll be doing a wedding journal. There's too much going on and I feel like I wouldn't be able to devote enough time to it that it would need. But I definitely will do a report for my wedding week and my two Honeymoon cruises :)

Just found this report today and spent the better part of my work day reading it LOL! What a wonderful recap of your trips and now there are so many new places I want to try! Out of curiosity, did you ever do a trip report from your Fiance's birthday trip to Disneyland? I am thinking about heading there for a day or two this summer and would love to hear your insights! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! And thanks for this wonderful read!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!