Having Annual Passes means infinite Disney trips, right? *COMPLETED* 6/5 California Grill Brunch

So a mini update, I will be posting my food reviews within the next couple days of my last trip. But, I wanted to share something with all of you first.

I got engaged! He proposed while we were on the Disney Dream :lovestruc

View attachment 288781

Yay!!! So exciting. We got engaged while staying at Aulani. It's fun to have that special memory happen at a very special place for you. Have fun planning!

Trip 6 - 12/09-12/11
Roaring Forks

Thank you everyone! I'm really excited about getting engaged. And another surprise...we are getting married at Disney!
I'm writing a Cruise Trip Report if anyone is interested in reading it. The link is in my signature.

upload_2017-12-19_7-46-27.png

So back to our regular scheduled programming. I was really excited for this trip, it was going to be our last Disney trip for the year. It had changed a lot from my original planning stages. We were originally going to go up Friday after work and potentially stay a full week. We had friends who were going to go with us that have never been and I was excited planning for them. Then we found out my boyfriend's holiday party was to be that Saturday, which threw a wrench into our planning. So then we were going to go up Sunday morning and spend half a week there with friends instead. Then our friends decided it was too much money and they couldn't go. So we changed our plans to a Disney cruise instead, but since we had the holiday party on the Saturday we picked a 4 night cruise. Then my boyfriend's holiday party got moved to the following Saturday because Hurricane Irma destroyed the location of where they were supposed to have it and they moved venues. So we decided on going up for the weekend before the cruise to make it feel like a longer trip.

THEN I got super sick and I still am, it's going on three weeks I've had this cold. It's mostly bad coughing, but it's driving me nuts to be sick this long. I was sick the entire week leading up to my trip and then for my whole trip, which made things a little less magical, but I'd still say this was my best vacation ever.

So our new plan was spend Saturday-Monday at Disney World, then drive over to Port Canaveral on Monday to go on the Disney Dream. We stayed at Copper Creek Villas at Wilderness Lodge. OMG this hotel is beautiful. I was blown away by how gorgeous this hotel was.

upload_2017-12-19_7-47-31.png

upload_2017-12-19_7-48-3.png

I don't think pictures can do this place justice. This Christmas tree was almost 7 stories high. This is a view of it from the 5th floor where our room was and was absolutely breathtaking.

We got to the hotel around noon and hadn't received a room text, but it turned out our room was ready. So we dropped off our bags and put on some warmer clothes because it was freezing! I am a South Florida girl, anything below 70 is really cold to me and the weather was in the 40/50s during the day. I had made fast passes for Magic Kingdom in the afternoon so we decided to have lunch at our hotel.

This was my first time in the hotel and trying their quick service Roaring Forks. After my stay I can say I'm not a fan.

upload_2017-12-19_7-52-10.png

I did like that it was inside the hotel because I didn't want to go out into the cold just yet. The room to sit and eat was very small though and the additional seating is outside. Thankfully someone was getting up when we arrived so we could sit inside.

upload_2017-12-19_7-53-20.png

They had the lunch menu posted outside and I decided the Grilled Chicken Flatbread sounded good. We ordered inside and they gave us a number to put on our table to bring us our food.

upload_2017-12-19_7-54-21.png

And then we waited. And waited. And waited. A half hour later we were finally brought our food. Except my flatbread didn't look anything like chicken, or the ingredients it said it came with. I asked the lady if this was chicken, since it didn't look like it. She said yes, this is the chicken flatbread. It was in fact the sausage and pepperoni flatbread. I listed out what the chicken was supposed to come with since I had found them to sound delicious and remembered them. She looked at the flatbread and decided I was right and she'd get me the correct one right away. Twenty minutes later I got my flat bread. So now we've been at this place for almost a full hour, my boyfriend finished his entire lunch and I had only just gotten mine. I also didn't like that she was telling me I was wrong and I had the right flatbread which was clearly incorrect.

upload_2017-12-19_7-58-0.png

My boyfriend got a tuna sandwich and said it tasted pretty good. He felt bad eating it when I didn't have any food, but I didn't want it to just sit there.

upload_2017-12-19_7-58-53.png

Once I finally got my flatbread I really liked it. It came out really hot and was tasty.

I probably wouldn't go back here for lunch again. Or if I did I'd get the ready to go items and not eat there.

After we went to Magic Kingdom and I've never seen it more crowded. I didn't think it was this crowded when I was there for Thanksgiving. The ride waits were all really long, and it didn't help that rides kept breaking down.

upload_2017-12-19_8-2-17.png

upload_2017-12-19_8-3-30.png

We decided to go on the People Mover and the ride broke while we were on it. It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't freezing and the place we got stuck created a wind tunnel. We ended up having to be walked off the ride, which was a cool experience.

Up next dinner at Morimoto...

Congratulations on your engagement! Your food looks good from Roaring Fork but I have heard many reviews of one and done! We are staying at WL in April for the first time.

Congratulations on your engagement! Your food looks good from Roaring Fork but I have heard many reviews of one and done! We are staying at WL in April for the first time.
Thank you!! The food was actually pretty tasty, it was just the disorganization of the place that will probably have me not going back much in the future. But it's really convenient having inside the hotel. You're going to love Wilderness Lodge the hotel is so pretty.

Congrats hun, happy for you! I hope you're feeling better.
Thank you! I'm so excited :) And I'm still a little sick, but I feel like I'm finally starting to get better now.

Congrats on your engagement! And I hope you feel better soon!
Thank you!! I hope I do too. This cold has lasted way too long.

Trip 6 - 12/09-12/11
Morimoto Asia

After a fun filled day at Magic Kingdom we headed over to Disney Springs for dinner. We decided to take an Uber from the Contemporary instead of dealing with the buses. I also don't think we'll ever use the Minnie Vans since they are a flat fee of $20 and our Uber ride cost $7. The lady that picked us up was really chatty and pointed out four deer that were grazing along side the road. I wish I'd gotten a picture, but we went by too fast.

Originally

for dinner I had booked Artist Pointe, but switched it to Morimoto at the last minute because we had liked our last meal there so much. I was dreaming about the Pad Thai I had had and was really excited to have it again.

No more Pad Thai. The waiter said they took it off the menu a week before, even though the menu online still shows it on the menu. I was pretty devastated. Have you ever had a meal that was so good you would dream about it? I was looking forward to this meal for the past couple days and I didn't really want to stay after they told me. We checked on the Disney app and Open table to see if any other Disney Springs restaurants were available, but nothing was so we had no choice but to stay.

I ordered a miso soup for an appetizer. I love this soup and it didn't disappoint. At this point of being sick I was coughing a lot and was struggling to keep my chest warm so I figured a hot soup would do me good.

upload_2017-12-21_7-41-52.png

If they ever bring back the Pad Thai and I go back I'd get this soup again for sure.

upload_2017-12-21_7-55-15.png

For my meal I couldn't decide what to get. I decided on these chicken teriyaki bao buns under the dim sum menu. I've never had a bao bun before so I wasn't really sure what to expect. It came with a spicy mayo and lettuce. I wasn't sure if it was dark meat or if it was from the teriyaki sauce. I don't usually eat dark meat so I wasn't too excited to eat this, but it actually tasted pretty good. I finished both. It's not a lot of food if you're starving, but I wasn't that hungry (probably because I was filling up on cough drops)

upload_2017-12-21_8-0-7.png

My boyfriend (I think I'll call him that until he becomes my fiance a few days later) got the orange chicken he had had last time. He enjoyed this a lot and gave me a bite. The pieces of chicken were huge, originally he had only wanted to use chop sticks, but ended up having to use my fork and knife to cut everything up.

I didn't take many pictures here, I'm guessing because I wasn't happy about them removing my favorite item from the menu. But I'm glad I made the switch because I got my mom an amazing purse while shopping there and we wouldn't have gone to Disney Springs otherwise.

upload_2017-12-21_8-2-51.png

It was really nice going "home" to see this after dinner. I was really looking forward to the next day for our Ohana dinner.

We had the orange chicken in November, very good. I really enjoyed the spare ribs from there as well. I hate when the menu’s change and favorite dishes are gone, that stinks!

Bummer about the pad thai! I hate when they take an item off, Disney seems to do that a lot!
They do! And since you have plan this stuff far ahead I usually have an idea of what I'm going to order before I even get there. This was just especially sad since he said the change happened only a week before.

We had the orange chicken in November, very good. I really enjoyed the spare ribs from there as well. I hate when the menu’s change and favorite dishes are gone, that stinks!
Ya it definitely put a damper on the meal, but I agree the orange chicken was really good.

Trip 6 - 12/09-12/11
Ohana Dinner

I woke up the next morning feeling especially sick and did not want to get up. We ended up moving the first fast pass we had at Epcot last so we could sleep in longer. My awesome boyfriend went to Roaring Forks to bring me some breakfast. He is pretty awesome about doing this when we are on vacation. I stayed snuggled under my warm blanket I had brought from home while I waited.

Nothing really appealed to me on the menu. I am a breakfast sandwich type of girl, and that was no where to be found. So I settled for a breakfast platter.

upload_2017-12-26_7-11-48.png

It normally comes with bacon and sausage, but i got double bacon instead. It also has scrambled eggs, hash-browns, and a biscuit. It wasn't terrible, but it was no where as good as some Disney breakfast sandwiches I've had before. And apparently it had been sitting on a counter a long time. My boyfriend noticed it saying double bacon and no one went to grab it. He eventually had to ask someone if it was his food to get it.

upload_2017-12-26_7-13-47.png

He got his usual Mickey Waffles, which he enjoyed. This was the kids version because we also had apple slices to eat (not pictured).

Eventually I pulled myself out of bed. We decided on taking the bus to Epcot. If we were going to any other location we would have gotten there really quick. We saw three buses come for every other park and Disney Springs while we waited for the Epcot one. At first there wasn't even a time listed and we were considering jumping on a Hollywood Studios bus. I haven't taken a bus to Epcot in a long time so it was an interesting drive. And I got to see a little of Fort Wilderness when we went to pick them up.

We made all our fast passes and were trying to figure out what to do for lunch. Originally I wanted to try one of the holiday booths, but I was feeling like crap and didn't want to think about things. We decided to the quick service in China where I knew I liked something. My boyfriend decided to get the same thing. It was spicy beef with noodles and it did not disappoint. I was hoping the spice would help with my throat hurting and my cough. It might have helped a little.

upload_2017-12-26_7-16-40.png

I got us a table while he waited to get the food. I think the one downside to the quick service places is the limited seating. It was an especially crowded weekend so tables were packed. The seating for this is outside, but under a cover. And they had the fans on while it was in the 40s outside!

After lunch we headed out of the park towards Magic Kingdom. We had to wait for the third monorail the line was so long. The line to get into Epcot seemed even longer now. When we got to the transfer to the other monorail we opted against it. The lines for both the Express and Resort monorails were all the way down the ramp and would clearly take a while. I've never ridden the ferry to Magic Kingdom before so we did that.

We got a spot at the very front of the boat where you get off at Magic Kingdom. Honestly, I shouldn't have stood here. It was really beautiful and a quick exit, but the window blowing in my face was icy and consistent and probably contributed to me staying sick for so long.

upload_2017-12-26_7-20-38.png

I did get a nice picture of the castle with a monorail going by.

I picked up a 4th fast pass for Big Thunder Mountain while we headed here. We used our paper fast pass from the day before on Space Mountain. Then while in line for Big Thunder I snagged a fast pass for the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride. The wait for that was over 2 hours and was the last possible fast pass for the day because the park was closing at 6pm for the Christmas Party.

Then we got stuck on Seven Dwarfs. It was at the part where the train goes up before you go outside and can see Beast's castle. It was an awkward position and was hurting peoples necks. Luckily, we were only stuck here for about five minutes or so before they got it working again. I heard the people in front of us complain and ask to ride again. I think they were allowed to, but they had to wait in the fast pass line again, which was now stretching towards Beast's castle probably do to the ride stopping for so long.

We left for the monorail, which had a really long line, but I was not okay with going on a boat again to get to the Polynesian. I was really excited for dinner. I loved our first time at Ohana and we actually had reservations for a normal dinner time of 6:40pm instead of our 4pm one last time.

We arrived a little early for our reservation. I was worried how long we'd have to wait since I've read about them always being backed up with reservations.

upload_2017-12-26_7-29-13.png

To my surprise we were seated immediately and had a great table next to a window.

Our waiter was really nice and attentive. Throughout the meal I'd go to the bathroom to blow my nose and every time I came back he'd catch me along the way to ask what food I'd like brought to the table next.

upload_2017-12-26_7-30-39.png

We started with some yummy bread.

Next we had a delicious salad

upload_2017-12-26_7-31-20.png

I remembered last time I was so full I wanted to be rolled out and was trying to pace myself this time.

upload_2017-12-26_7-31-54.png

Sorry for the blurry picture. I am in love with the peanut sauce (the one on the right). I put it all over my salad it was so good.

upload_2017-12-26_7-32-51.png

After the salad they brought us a platter of delicious food. There are
Noodles tossed in a Teriyaki Sauce
, Pork Dumplings tossed in Garlic-Ginger Sauce,
Honey-Coriander Chicken Wings
(copied from the Disney website menu)

There were also some vegetables, but we didn't want to get full off those :duck:

upload_2017-12-26_7-36-47.png

Here's a picture of my boyfriend's plate. Lots and lots of steak. I like my steak medium well and asked for that instead. They brought out my own skewer a little later to accommodate this.

Continued in next post hit my picture limit

Trip 6 - 12/09-12/11
Ohana Dinner Continued

I had finished off the noodles and asked if we could have more of just those. I like doing this for two reasons. One, I love the noodles and can eat almost an entire plate myself. And two, the platters I think sit out a little while under heat lamps waiting for tables, whereas this is a special request and they have to make it fresh to order. It always comes out really hot and delicious.

upload_2017-12-26_7-39-51.png

I didn't take pictures of the chicken and shrimp skewers we also had. We were there a long time eating before we decided we were pretty stuffed and it was time for dessert.

upload_2017-12-26_7-40-58.png

The dessert at Ohana is hands down my favorite dessert. It is bread pudding with caramel sauce and bananas. I'm not even a big fan of bananas and I love this dessert. I also love ice cream and asked for a little extra. Probably a bad idea since it was cold and I was sick, but it tasted great.

After dinner I was feeling pretty sick and wanted to crawl into bed. The endless travel by Disney transportation seemed daunting. We'd have to take the monorail over to Magic Kingdom where we'd then transfer to either bus or boat to get over to Wilderness Lodge. Travel time was looking at over an hour depending how long we'd have to wait for anything. The line to get on the monorail was all the way over towards Ohana, so we knew it would be a long time. So we decided to Uber back, which was great it took like five minutes and I was able to pass out on my night time robitussin as soon as we got in the room.

upload_2017-12-26_7-45-45.png

Before bed I needed to snap some pictures of the awesome fireplace that's in the lobby. It goes all the way up to the roof and is just so impressive. They have chairs lined up in front of it that were all taken.

upload_2017-12-26_7-46-44.png

A view from our 5th floor looking down.

upload_2017-12-26_7-47-18.png

This was our last meal at Disney for the weekend. Since Roaring Forks breakfast was so disappointing we decided we'd leave early and just eat on our cruise.

upload_2017-12-26_7-49-30.png

The view from our balcony into the courtyard. There wasn't anyone else outside since it was so cold.

upload_2017-12-26_7-50-18.png

The view of the pool. It looked really nice and I wish we could have gone in it. We will just have to come back and stay here in the future.

Even though our dinner at Remy was on the cruise ship, it was on a DISNEY cruise and it's where I got proposed to with some amazing food to go along, so I'm going to do a review on it here. So up next is Remy...

Oh my FSU Girl, I was sick for several days on our last WDW trip and wished I wouldn't have kept most of our ADRs. Everything tasted awful to me. My nose was so stuffed up, my sense of taste was compromised. There was also the residual "cough drop" taste. Glad your taste buds allowed you to enjoy your choices. I also love noodle dishes with flavorful broths/sauces. You had some great choices.

Oh my FSU Girl, I was sick for several days on our last WDW trip and wished I wouldn't have kept most of our ADRs. Everything tasted awful to me. My nose was so stuffed up, my sense of taste was compromised. There was also the residual "cough drop" taste. Glad your taste buds allowed you to enjoy your choices. I also love noodle dishes with flavorful broths/sauces. You had some great choices.
At this point in my sickness my taste wasn't too off and my stomach didn't hurt at all so food tasted great. My last night on my cruise I had gotten a lot sicker and everything tasted horrible. Our waiter felt so bad because I barely touched any of the food and he wanted to bring me something else.

Glad you all were able to get Disney in for a few days, but sorry you were feeling so bad. Being sick on vacation is definitely no fun.

Sorry to hear Roaring Forks was a bust, but good to hear you enjoyed my favorite Wilderness Lodge. I've never seen it at Christmas, but your pictures really make me feel like I'm there.

That sucks that Morimoto had changed their menu. I hate when restaurants do that. Funny aside we hit up our favorite authentic Chinese restaurant last week and everything was bad. Like really bad. Turns out they changed ownership so now the entire amazing menu is now horrible.

Good to see you power through Ohana and good thought on the Uber. We ended up taking them a lot on our last trip and it was so worth it!

Glad you all were able to get Disney in for a few days, but sorry you were feeling so bad. Being sick on vacation is definitely no fun.
I definitely hate being sick, but I love Disney it's like my home away from home and my happy place.

Sorry to hear Roaring Forks was a bust, but good to hear you enjoyed my favorite Wilderness Lodge. I've never seen it at Christmas, but your pictures really make me feel like I'm there.
Wilderness Lodge was amazing. I was taken away by the beauty of the lobby for Christmas, you should visit it during the holiday season to see it all decorated.

That sucks that Morimoto had changed their menu. I hate when restaurants do that. Funny aside we hit up our favorite authentic Chinese restaurant last week and everything was bad. Like really bad. Turns out they changed ownership so now the entire amazing menu is now horrible.
It drives me nuts when restaurants remove good items. And the menu online is still showing the pad thai, although I've noticed many times where the menus on the app don't match with what's in the restaurant. That stinks that your Chinese restaurant is now horrible. I hope you can find a new better one to go to.

Good to see you power through Ohana and good thought on the Uber. We ended up taking them a lot on our last trip and it was so worth it!
Uber on this trip was a life savor. Being sick I was not up for the long traveling Disney requires with their transportation, but I think I'd definitely use it again for dinner it was so convenient to get back to the hotel that way. And Ohana is so delicious no sickness could stop me from enjoying it. I'll be back there when I go in a couple weeks.

Oh my goodness, your dinner at Ohana looks so good. I simply adore that bread pudding and have the recipe so I can make it at home when I am feeling homesick for Disney. In fact, I think I'll make for dessert Friday night as we are going through a major cold snap with highs of -21 Celsius (-6 F) and lows of -29 (-20F). The bread pudding will cheer me up! I'm sorry to hear you were feeling so sick but glad you were able to power through and enjoy a bit of Disney before your special cruise. I am going to pop over there to read all about it and can't wait to hear all about your dinner at Remys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter