Having Second Thoughts

We have gone to WDW for 2 weeks or more since we purchase in '95. My oldest son was 2 1/2 and the baby was 5 months. Every year we go and every year is more Magical than the last. We do the same things in a different way and explore the Parks differently. It is never the same.
We don't get tired of it and in fact as adults we are just as excited as the kids to be going back each year.

We love OKW and have no desire to stay anywhere else.
Next year our plan is to ot go to WDW for the fist time since 90, but to go to Disneyland and California Adventure.
Love the Disney stuff....People do look at us fuuny and say "oh yeah, you always go to Disney. Don't you get sick of it?" We say NO! Do you get sick of eating ice cream? We don't. Every wonderful is twice as wonderful each time you go.

Boy I hope the magic doesn't fade! We just took our first DVC trip, second Disney trip, and I've spent an hour juggling points to see how I can use them for the next few years! Cruise in 2002 or 2004, need to take 2003 off? Not cruise and not take a year off? Decisions, decisions!
My kids are 3,6 and 9 so they are still really into it, but I have full hopes of taking my grandkids to WDW in the distant future. We have 41 years left, you know! When I retire I'll be able to go more often!
Robin M.
BWV 2001
BWV/VWL OR VWL/cruise 2002

I don't know what's right for you, but we purchased at WLV last week. A couple of years ago, I had to go on a business trip to Florida. My wife came with me (the kids were in school). We decided to spend a day at the Magic Kingdom. We felt we were on our honeymoon again (just 18 years later). The fireworks never looked better. We had a great time. Its great with the kids, but great with my wife.

We knew, if the stars lined up (WL, and finances) we would be buying. Well last week was it. We haven't regretted a second.

Hope it works for you.

The magic gets stronger every visit. We have been DVC members since the beginning and I also had the same worry about my kids, but just the opposite happened. My oldest is 17, youngest is 12 and they want to go MORE. They are so comfortable at Disney and really think of it as a sceond home. Every time we take them anywhere else they still have a great time, but they compare it to Disney. You have to look beyond the parks. Disneyworld is not for everyone, some people prefer to own houses at the beach or mountains (and excuse me, but they go to the same place every year too!), but if you like it, well the heck with what anyone else says. I stopped listening years ago. The Disney magic has not faded at all, in fact I expect to take our grandkids.

One of the fail safes about DVC is that if the magic does wear off for you, you can always sell your points at the timeshare store. It is not a lifetime commitment, use it as long as you'd like then sell.....

We joined DVC in '95 and have never regretted it. My DW and I have been several times without the "kids" now because they are 19 and 22! We especially enjoy going in early December and February.

The "kids" still enjoy accompanying us occasionally. They were with us for the Millenium NYE and are going with us in August to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We didn't have to "twist their arms" too much. ;)

WDW and the DVC resorts are a great place to spend a vacation whether you go to the parks or not. They are top of the line resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter