Having trouble with iron on transfers...help!

jelo

Preparing for our Universally Magical vacation
Our cruise date is coming fast and I'm in trouble!! I decided for our FE's to do tote bags with iron on transfers of the designs I created. I've done tshirts in the past and they look great....never done tote bags.

I printed everything out on Sunday, trimmed them all in the evening and was ready to start ironing on Monday.:thumbsup2

The first three I did just didn't look right, then I realized the cardboard I was using was corrigated and the lines were showing thru the transfer. So on the fourth I took it out and the transfer looked better...but not perfect.

I tried to figure out what was wrong, the transfers arent' nice a crisp looking they almost look retro. They're passable, but not what I wanted.:sad2:
Then I noticed the iron was on Linen instead of cotton, so I lowered the temp.

On the fourth tote, it was okay so I attempted the side two design. I put parchment paper inside the tote and did the transfer. I was the best so far, then when I went to lift the tote up, the first transfer stuck to my pillowcase I was using on the bottom!

So for those of you who do this this is what I'd like to know, since I have to go out and buy more totes now and start over...

1. Could the transfer not be crisp because I am using no name ink?
2. Could it be because the temp. was too hot?
3. Maybe I didn't have the heat on long enough/too long for canvas?
4. How can I protect the first side, when ironing the 2nd side?

Please if you know what my next step should be, I'd really appreciate it! It's an expensive mistake and I have 4 to redo!:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter