Hawai’i 10 Night Cruise to Vancouver

WOW - At least you are being protected ! Our airlines are going to be bailed out and they can take our money issue a voucher that is only good for a few more months and that is the end of that!

per WDWinfo the Wonder cruises are cancelled thru 04/29 - This would include the first Hawaii cruise wouldn't it? I thought it left on 04/29?
Disney Wonder
March 20-25
March 25-29
March 29-April 5
April 5-10
April 10-12
April 12-19
April 24-29

Our WestJet credits are valid for 12-24 months, depending on when they were issued. And that date is only when they have to be used to purchase something. Travel dates can be after that. So the credits are valid for travel up to 34 months, as long as you buy your ticket well in advance, and assuming they will continue to release schedules 10 months in advance. I think it is fair. Our travel insurance will cover if they default before we can use the credits, too. Totally no risk to us, and WestJet is our favourite airline. Worst case we use the credits to visit family a few times. Best case we use it to go to London for the Iceland cruise.

DCL only paused departures up to 28 April. Since the Wonder is scheduled to sail until the 29th, the Hawaii sailing is still technically a ‘go’. They are just cancelling a few sailings at a time to manage caseload. Smart for them, annoying for us. A good lesson in patience.

Thank you for explaining that!
Your airfare rules are AWESOME! I wish we had them - I have lost out on airfare more times than I care to mention!!! I think I want to move to Canada!!! If you could do something about those nasty winters you all have - then I'm In!

We live in the mildest part of Canada. Winters hardly ever see snow or temperatures below freezing. And if either happens, we curl up in bed for a day or two until it passes. Think Seattle, with slightly less rain.

When borders are open again you may want to come for a visit. Vancouver, Victoria, all that lower mainland area... our climate is very similar.

So what is everyone saying? Have people already moved to another cruise? Waiting for a cancel and a refund? Hoping for 125% credit? I still haven't done anything with the cruise because we don't have the information to make an easy decision. I've cleared out everything else except the cruise and airfare TO Hawaii.

I'd like to know if Disney is willing to do anything different for those of us on this cruise because it's extra long (e.g. expensive) and not easy to use up on one cruise. As in, I see a 7 night I would do to use up the credit but I'd have 2K extra. Alternatively, the Panama's are longer and would eat it up, but I'd be at least 1.5K behind. I'd really appreciate it if Disney just gave me 100% credit I could use across all my future cruises. I doubt they'll go out of the way, but it's not a trivial amount of money to throw away. This was a bucket list vacation that is going to be turned into something I've done before.

We will probably do the refund but to are waiting to see if they do anything special . We have 2 other cruises on the books. One end of Aug to Alaska and a Star Wars one in Feb with our son and girlfriend. Not sure if they will be a go either.

Still fighting to get anything back from 2 out of 3 Airbnb. One had no problem refunding us. The other 2 will give us half back and charge some fee for cancelling, I think my husband said. They also want prove as of why we can’t use it...what. I think my husband head is going to explode soon over these 2 . I know he is talking to someone else that has to do with Airbnb’s.

Our dream trip has become a mess. Wish this whole thing was a dream.

I filed disputes with credit card company they said because of covid you can get refunds so I filed disputes to get them for my airfare since I won’t be able to use their vouchers
Ck out the Points Guy he had some tips on Airbnb to get your money back - I hope it helps you👍
I waiting to take the refund but I agree I wish they would offer more than what the current offer is but frankly I don’t know when I could cruise again any time soon 🤨

Reactions: NAB
Also, waiting for refund. Need to check with cc company about since 2 places I rented from will not return deposit.

File a dispute it’s just insane how these companies are acting
Be prepared for an hour wait - most are now mon - fri with short hours start early better chance of a shorter wait
One of mine was 2 day 6 hrs total wait

American Airlines cancelled the flight the day after I cancelled - I was so mad !! I had not rebooked and they said I couldn’t get a refund - I asked when I called and was told I could hence why I filed a dispute
The lady I spoke to at my cc was full of stories they have been slammed I really felt sorry for them
I thanked her a bunch and told her I appreciated her working now and everything she was doing and dealing with between them and the TA I really feel for them

I’m hoping they will change the 15 months that the credit has to be used in. I think 24 months from May 18th, just like a placeholder, would be more reasonable. Most of us booked opening day and 15 months doesn’t allow for that. I actually got a placeholder in January after booking Hawaii in October. I couldn’t use it, since the cruise was sold out. By the time there were available bookings, the price of the cruise had went up too much so I canceled the placeholder. So now I’m screwed again.

I’ve only ever been able to use one placeholder they seem to be bad luck for me ! The one I used I was on a cruise and booked a cruise and reshopped a cruise I already had booked so that was the only time ! I spent a lot of time at the future cruise desk - it took about 30 mins to spend all that money - booked my Trans Atlantic and rebooked my Norway - i was on a DVC member cruise - I walked away saying nowhere can you spend so much money so fast and be so happy to do it!!

File a dispute it’s just insane how these companies are acting
Be prepared for an hour wait - most are now mon - fri with short hours start early better chance of a shorter wait
One of mine was 2 day 6 hrs total wait
Easy to do with Amex on line chat but wait for Chase was over an hour so will try again later. I also wonder if they will be able to get deposits back or if we will be out of luck. One of mine is with a rental agency on Maui and the other one I rented points at Aulani.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter