Hawaii Fires

Of course, that makes sense. But of those "number of people" who are commenting - I wonder how many of them stand to lose income due to the lack of tourism (which is a vital industry in Hawaii)?

And, in your link, it reads "even before the fires, Aunty said that tourists and transplants contributed to many issues in Hawaii". That sounds suspiciously like an underlying agenda...
Sure - and ignoring what people say when they're experiencing a crisis sounds suspiciously like an underlying agenda that serves you. 🤷‍♂️

Sure - and ignoring what people say when they're experiencing a crisis sounds suspiciously like an underlying agenda that serves you. 🤷‍♂️
This seems like an unnecessary attack, since I commented about your link, not about you - unless you happen to be "Aunty" from your article...

This seems like an unnecessary attack, since I commented about your link, not about you - unless you happen to be "Aunty" from your article...
I mean - I literally used the same words you used.

I knew to whom you were referring with the underlying agenda - but we should be listening to those folks. Some here feel that their own underlying agendas (they can range from "I can do whatever I want" to "by going, I'm helping support through tourism dollars" to some imperialism). Why is Aunty's (person I posted) or anyone else's lived experience of being in Hawaii and views that grew out of that dismissed but the views of mainlanders is that they have no agenda or if they do, it trumps the agenda of the people most affected.

I do apologize for my words that seemed attacking. I originally thought "what's good for the [Native Hawaiian] goose is good for the [not Native Hawaiian] gander" as I thought it might give you an "ah ha!" moment - but I should not have tried to point that out - I'm sorry.

Whatever people are thinking - I would hope we could place focus on the most directly affected (and, with our global climate as it is - reducing carbon footprint might also be a way to help take care of the folks who live in that area, etc).

I mean - I literally used the same words you used.

I knew to whom you were referring with the underlying agenda - but we should be listening to those folks. Some here feel that their own underlying agendas (they can range from "I can do whatever I want" to "by going, I'm helping support through tourism dollars" to some imperialism). Why is Aunty's (person I posted) or anyone else's lived experience of being in Hawaii and views that grew out of that dismissed but the views of mainlanders is that they have no agenda or if they do, it trumps the agenda of the people most affected.

I do apologize for my words that seemed attacking. I originally thought "what's good for the [Native Hawaiian] goose is good for the [not Native Hawaiian] gander" as I thought it might give you an "ah ha!" moment - but I should not have tried to point that out - I'm sorry.

Whatever people are thinking - I would hope we could place focus on the most directly affected (and, with our global climate as it is - reducing carbon footprint might also be a way to help take care of the folks who live in that area, etc).
I understand your point. Any tourism shouldn't be taken lightly, especially now. I personally, am not going to Hawaii until early next year, so I don't have any underlying agenda other than the fact that I have been a tourist to many places in my life.

My "underlying agenda" comment was because this thread is about the impact of the fires, whereas the person in the article that you linked is clearly noted to be against tourists in general - long before the fires happened. So, to me, a person like that shouldn't have an impact on any current decisions being made as to whether to go to Hawaii right now.

If you read Tripadvisor, the tone has done a 180 from Don't come to Maui, to Don't cancel your vacation. Hawaii is basically 80% dependent on tourism. You are not doing anyone any favors by canceling

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter