Heading to the Fort tomorrow for a "hurrication!" What's going on this weekend?

NOLA_Tink

Jambo, y'all!
We have a hurricane coming straight for Louisiana. So, what do Fort Wilderness-loving humans do for a "hurrication?" We strap the kids in the car, book a campsite, rent a pop-up camper, and head straight to Musket Mickey's home! :) We aren't planning any park days, but we'd love to spend time in the pool, checking out the stables, and watching the movie under the stars. Any other suggestions for 2 adult kids-at-heart and 2 actual kids? (We haven't stayed at the Fort since 2016, so it's been a while.) Thanks a bunch, y'all!

We have a hurricane coming straight for Louisiana. So, what do Fort Wilderness-loving humans do for a "hurrication?" We strap the kids in the car, book a campsite, rent a pop-up camper, and head straight to Musket Mickey's home! :) We aren't planning any park days, but we'd love to spend time in the pool, checking out the stables, and watching the movie under the stars. Any other suggestions for 2 adult kids-at-heart and 2 actual kids? (We haven't stayed at the Fort since 2016, so it's been a while.) Thanks a bunch, y'all!
Stay safe! I’m in the FL panhandle so we’ve been watching it closely as well.

So there are about 30 of us that will be at the Fort starting Saturday from this forum (some are already there.) Most of us should be in the 1100 loop. Our main meetup is Monday evening and you all are welcome to swing by. Here’s a link to the thread -https://www.disboards.com/threads/rendezvous-at-the-fort-the-fort-wilderness-dismeet-trip-report-october-2020.3812467/post-62296771

Outside of that, they have also started doing the gem mining over at the bike barn again so that would be a fun activity for the kids. While they aren’t doing the campfire sing a long they are still doing movies every other night. You can also hop a bus over to Wilderness Lodge from the Settlement Depot.

Yeah, there's a group of wandering Disers meeting up over in 1100 next two weeks. Be careful over there if walking through. You might step in some bull.

Ill be bailing out of MS ahead of storm as well.

Thanks for the invite, Disboard buddies! I drove by and took some pictures of the amazing decorations, but couldn't stop because my little ones were deliriously sleepy. I've been to WDW 30+ times and this was one of my favorite trips. We did not go to any parks and spent each day swimming, exploring, and eating at the Fort. We're hooked and can't wait to return Thanksgiving week. :D Thanks for such great advice, friends! It was truly appreciated!
P.S. After teaching in-person and virtual students since the 2nd week of August, I didn't realize how badly I needed to unplug, unwind and decompress. My battery is completely recharged and ready for a great 2nd quarter of learning with my students! 💓 #DisneyMagic #HappyCamper #FortFiendForLife

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!