Heard rumor that Disney is building hotel in Times Square

Mediaavid

Earning My Ears
Manny’s music on 48th Street closed down and has been leveled. A parking garage on 47 Street has also been leveled in midtown NYC that is between 6th Ave and 7th Ave. I heard a rumor that the space will be a hotel owned by Disney. I work in midtown and my co workers are Disney fans and don’t know I am a fan, but that’s where I heard the rumor. I haven’t seen any permit signs posted to see what company it is. Wouldn’t be surprised they use a different name as well. Has anyone else heard that rumor? I’d think if it’s true it could work for DVC. Not to mention with 3 new cruise ships being built, they could maybe place one of the older ships in NYC for longer then three months in the fall. They could have a spring and summer season there as well and combine with a new hotel.

Disney had purchased property in NYC a few years ago and gave up on the idea of building there. IMO the remote non park resorts have been a disappointment for Disney and I doubt if they will build more.

The president and the SVP over DVD/DVC have both been replaced in the last two months so who knows what they will do.

:earsboy: Bill

I heard a rumor from a DVC rep that they were going to do a ski resort in New England as they can be used year round with all the outdoor activities. Maybe this would be a good thread for the rumors board.

I would hope the new management team knows how big a failure off-site resorts have been and will not go down that road again.

Manny’s music on 48th Street closed down and has been leveled. A parking garage on 47 Street has also been leveled in midtown NYC that is between 6th Ave and 7th Ave. I heard a rumor that the space will be a hotel owned by Disney. I work in midtown and my co workers are Disney fans and don’t know I am a fan, but that’s where I heard the rumor. I haven’t seen any permit signs posted to see what company it is. Wouldn’t be surprised they use a different name as well. Has anyone else heard that rumor? I’d think if it’s true it could work for DVC. Not to mention with 3 new cruise ships being built, they could maybe place one of the older ships in NYC for longer then three months in the fall. They could have a spring and summer season there as well and combine with a new hotel.

Interesting. DS is a server in Times Square "to pay the bills". Otherwise he's a musician, so may have some knowledge of this rumor (oh, yeah-he had a summer internship with the Disneyland College Band, so he's interested in all things Disney) I'll have to ask him.

Nyc is a destination all on its own.
Might not be the best Just because I think a majority of DVC owners are from North east?

Times Square is kinda “center of it all” so I can see that working!
Kerri

I would love to have a DVC resort in NYC. Love visiting the city, especially for it's shows. Hope this comes a reality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!