Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, It's off to run we go! A new and improved Teetz running Journal

Back from Wine and Dine!

Had an amazing weekend that I will put into a trip report. I experienced some knee pain on Saturday during the 10K and it was surprisingly better during the half but will watch that going forward. Rest for a few days before going back into training.

Weather here is garbage so training isn't going to be fun anyway.

So I had all these intentions to do a full trip report after Wine and Dine. I am not sure that's going to happen. I have just been crazy busy since then.

I think I will do some recaps here though.

Anyways onto running...

Not a lot of it is happening. I have run twice since Wine and Dine. Weather has been absolutely crazy. We have gotten record amounts of snow and cold and its only November 13th. We are supposed to get some more snow tomorrow. Thankfully the single digits seem to be going away for a bit and we will see some better temperatures soon enough. I don't have a treadmill at home and I really hate running when its under 20 degrees especially when its potentially icy. I plan on getting back to running this weekend and hopefully back on the Dopey plan with that. Winter came way too fast around here.

Also @jennamfeo finally entered the Chicago lottery so all is right in the world.

Also @jennamfeo finally entered the Chicago lottery so all is right in the world.
Now we both need to get in!

source.gif

Race Recap Time

5K!

I went with Chef Mickey for the Fall Feast 5K

IMG_6161.jpg

I met up with some friends/Disers before hand. I would end up running this one solo though. I was in corral A. Disney only does 3 corrals now for the 5K. We had a long walk out to the corrals too which was also new.

IMG_6163.jpg

The first character stop was really long but once I saw who it was I had to stop.

rsz_img_6242.jpg

My Country Bears!

That was probably an 8-10 minute wait.

I kept moving then.

IMG_6170.jpg

IMG_6172.jpg

IMG_6173.jpeg

I stopped for Dopey in Germany. I'll be seeing him again in January.

rsz_img_6272.jpg

IMG_6178.jpg

Got my John Pelky selfie with a side of Carissa.

IMG_6181.jpg

IMG_6184.jpg

Never too early for a finish line beer!

The snack boxes changed to some weird healthy mix of things and its terrible. Only thing I took out was the apple sauce. They even got rid of the wet towelettes.

The finishers chute was also crazy long. I mean I get that they needed the changes due to construction but it was just so long. They also had everything so far away from each other. So bag check was way away from the beer tent and stage and what not.

I also really miss this being in Animal Kingdom. That was the superior 5K. I still had fun but if/when I do Wine and Dine again I probably will skip the 5K.

My Country Bears!
Sweet. Always funny how line length perception changes depending on what characters are there. All of the sudden a long line doesn't seem so long after all.
They even got rid of the wet towelettes.
I really hope this is related to the 5K distance or the weather as opposed to anything else. When waiting in long character lines after a race when it's warm out, it feels good to at least be able to wipe your face.

Sweet. Always funny how line length perception changes depending on what characters are there. All of the sudden a long line doesn't seem so long after all.
I really hope this is related to the 5K distance or the weather as opposed to anything else. When waiting in long character lines after a race when it's warm out, it feels good to at least be able to wipe your face.
Agreed.

They didn’t have them for 10k or half. I hope they bring them back for marathon weekend.

10K recap!

Well this morning was a little rough. So we went to the Halloween Party the night before. I didn't stay until the end however. I went to bed set my alarm and I did wake up but I never actually got out of bed. I ended up falling back to sleep and if it wasn't for @jennamfeo calling my room I probably never would've made it to the 10K.

Group costume today

IMG_6370.JPG

I was sort of worried about wearing the sombrero and running but it wasn't bad at all. The felt shirt I made was really hot though.

IMG_6353.jpg

IMG_6354.jpg

IMG_6356.JPG

IMG_6361.jpg

The first stop was Mary Poppins and Bert but we skipped that one. I believe Chip and Dale were next and we also skipped. We did stop for Chef Daisy though!

IMG_6361.jpg

IMG_6437JPG.jpg

IMG_6454JPG.jpg

IMG_6364.jpg

IMG_6365.jpg

IMG_6366.jpeg

We met Carl from Up but I don't recall exactly where. Robin Hood was out just as we were entering Epcot but that line was insane.

IMG_6458JPG.jpg

IMG_6367.jpeg

We also met Marie in France

IMG_6540JPG.jpg

IMG_6433JPG.jpg

IMG_6402JPG.jpg

Could you tell I was hot? I also had some knee pain. I don't know what it was but my knee really killed me this race.

IMG_6368.jpg

IMG_6403JPG.jpg

IMG_6449JPG.jpg

IMG_6369.jpg

IMG_6555JPG.jpg

I actually really loved this medal more than I thought I would. It was a fun 10K running with friends and in the costume. Due to luggage constraints that sombrero didn't make it home though. My knee pain did worry me for the half the next day. I didn't stick around very long in the finisher area after this race.

Half recap!

I thankfully had no issues getting up this morning. I was in shenanigans gear for this one. I did meet up with those from the team who were running before hand.

IMG_6456.jpg

IMG_6457.jpg

I was in corral D for the half.

IMG_6459.jpg

I found they were really firing off the waves/corrals for this race.

IMG_6460.jpg

I believe Mary and Bert were out again early on. I skipped as I tried to catch up to @jennamfeo and @Bree. They were stopped at Louis the alligator.

IMG_6532JPG.jpg

I did have KT tape on as my knee was bothering me. That tape didn't last long however and my knee actually held up really well.

IMG_6461.jpeg

The Adventurers Club actors were out just before mile 2 but we didn't stop. We did however stop soon after for Lotso! I don't remember ever seeing him out for a race before. We also found @Princess KP

IMG_6531JPG.jpg

IMG_6462.jpg

Russell from Up was next but we skipped.

IMG_6463.jpg

Timon was next near Festival of the Lion King another skip for us.

We ran through Pandora which is always a highlight.

Kevin was out meeting near the Tree of Life which would have been a fun stop but that line was crazy long. Another pass for us.

IMG_6464.jpg

We were on a mission for Dino Chip and Dale!

IMG_6525JPG.jpg

Baloo was meeting soon after just outside Dinoland. We skipped.

IMG_6465.jpg

We stopped for Pluto though on the way towards Hollywood Studios.

IMG_6524 2JPG.jpg

IMG_6466.jpg

IMG_6467.jpg

Donald was up next in his sunning outfit.

IMG_0003 2.JPG

A female sarge was out on the overpass.

IMG_6469.jpg

We finally headed into Hollywood Studios. The mile 10 marker was right in the middle of the water stop which was strange and then right after that was Beast.

IMG_6470.jpg

IMG_6722JPG.jpg

Then they had a special 10th anniversary banner.

IMG_6471.jpg

Edna Mode was out next!

IMG_0010.JPG

And then we were out of DHS quicker than you could say Hollywood Studios.

560106676.jpg

Off to the Boardwalk next

IMG_6552JPG.jpg

We stopped for Daisy near ESPN Club

560397369.jpg

Then into the home stretch in Epcot!

IMG_6472.jpg

Gideon and Foulfellow were out in Italy.

Dopey was next in Germany

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_6473.jpg

Big Bad Wolf was next just outside of Epcot

IMG_6777JPG.jpg

Cars were out just before the finish as they were the other two races.

IMG_6474.jpg

We were on a mission for Dino Chip and Dale!
Chip and Dale are even more awesome in their dinosaur costumes.
And then we were out of DHS quicker than you could say Hollywood Studios.
Granted I only ran one race in Disney World before 2017, but I really enjoyed getting to spend some real time running through DHS instead of the in and out faster than you can say the name of the park we currently see in races.

Chip and Dale are even more awesome in their dinosaur costumes.
Granted I only ran one race in Disney World before 2017, but I really enjoyed getting to spend some real time running through DHS instead of the in and out faster than you can say the name of the park we currently see in races.
Yeah these days you barely spend any time in DHS at all.

44 days away from Dopey 4.0

Running... its happening... but not at the mileage or frequency it probably should right now. This happens every year but this time of year is just busy and weather typically sucks. The maintenance runs aren't a problem its the longer weekend runs that I just haven't been getting in as I should.

Such is life though. Keep moving forward. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!