Hello! I need help from the pros!!!

ShellyMouse

I love Baloo!!
:wave:Hey all!! I'm hoping for some help with the Princess race day! I've been to Disney many, many times, but have no clue about race day. My niece is running the half marathon, and there are 12 of us tagging along for it! I have never stayed off property, so this will be a 1st, but with 13 of us, it was wayyy more cost effective. sigh... :rolleyes1
So, here are my questions for day of race:
*We are renting cars, and plan on splitting up to cheer her on. What's your favorite spot/spots, to do this? Should we park close to each spot, or take Disney transportation to our spots?
*Is the race route the same as years past? I'm making her a custom tumbler and want to have the route on it. Has this been released yet?
*What time should spectators be getting to cheering areas?
*Easiest way to get to MK for cheering?
*Are there bathrooms/porta potties near cheering areas?
*What else?? I need all the details!!

Please tell me your best tips for being a spectator on race day!!! Thanks so much! :thanks:
And good luck to allllll the racers!!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

If you’re staying offsite, getting to various areas to park and cheer for her is going to be very frustrating and time consuming due to all the road closures unless you plan to go at 3 or 4a. Best places to cheer…backside of TTC, Main Street Magic Kingdom, back side of Grand Floridian and Epcot. When you’re staying onsite at one of the resorts, using the monorail or skyliner to get to various places is convenient.

The half course will be released in the near future (~2 weeks in advance)--it is not guaranteed to be the same, even though it will likely be pretty close.

Given that the half is mostly "start at Epcot, run to MK, then back to Epcot", there are not lots of places to spectate that you can get to-- it's a lot of park roadways. The digital expo guide (also out in a week or two) will give suggestions for spectating, but as mentioned, best bet is for you to park at Epcot (free before 6, generally) and then monorail to the TTC (Ticket Transportation Center). That will be around mile 3-4 (based on previous courses). There are bathrooms there (not sure if open/off course) Then you could walk down Seven Seas Drive (if they won't let you walk through Poly) and see your runner at Floridian Way--around mile 7 or so. Then go back to the finish line. Cheering at MK itself makes it challenging to see your runner more than once--unless you all want to divide and conquer.

The expo guide will also have info on road closures--pay attention because some roads to Epcot will be closed.

Below is a link to a site that had info on last year's race--you can see the course and get a flavor for what it should be like.

https://noguiltdisney.com/2023-prin...rincess-Half-Weekend-Half-Marathon-Course-Map

My wife in the past goes to Epcot. Hops on the monorail to cheer us on at MK mainstreet and the castle. Then she heads back on the monorail to cheer us on at the finish. It’s doable and exciting for her. You’d might get away with cheering around the bus stop area at Epcot but that might be difficult. Or at Polynesian if you are quick enough. Just check the maps and calculate with her expected pace

My only contribution is that access to Epcot parking historically closes at 4am and they now start charging offsite guests to park at Epcot at 6am.

Event guide should be released soon with road closures and spectator info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter