Hello-It'sSmee! A July 2020 "It's Good to Be Bad AND Back" TR *Link to new TR 2/21*

The GF is my 2nd favorite resort ever since, ya know, that time we were upgraded to the "Roy" suite in '18 :rolleyes1
I never want you to stop mentioning this becuase it keeps hope alive for the rest of us peasants that we may someday be so lucky!!!!!

Bummer you weren't able to find any great NBA merch for the boys, but that little Mickey is pretty cute :) And I love the Haunted Mansion shirt you bought!! I've never seen that one before!

Not sure where my pretzel quote went, but I know I wanted to comment on how YUMMMMM that looks right now!!! I've still never made it to Jock Lindsay's, but I definitely want to try that whenever we get back!!

FYI....not that it matters, just interesting.

The NBA didn't get their haircut in that booth. There was a hotel room that the players posted that was the real place to get your haircut. My son is a HUGE NBA fan and he follows many of them. I can't even imagine why they put that booth up for show.

Thanks for sharing...as usual enjoying living vicariously for those of us who can't get down there right now!! So much fun.

Jock Lindsey’s always looks so good... it’s on the list of places I would like to try, but I go so infrequently I have no idea when it might happen.

Also that ice cream makes me really want some now...

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to your upcoming trip report. The July trip most likely was less crowded than September was and I am curious about how things went for you.
Crowds were definitely different last week than they were in July, but still not pre-March 2020 crowds and still pleasant for the most part in my opinion :)
That drink looks really good. I am always looking for drinks that are fruity and not too boozy.
Yes this one is definitely not too boozy tasting! The nice thing though is it also isn't totally sweet so it doesn't give me a headache lol
I never want you to stop mentioning this becuase it keeps hope alive for the rest of us peasants that we may someday be so lucky!!!!!
:laughing:
Well if you insist I'll just keep on bringing it up!
We were upgraded in July as you know to the 1 bedroom at BCV and I think since the Roy Disney Suite we've been upgraded more times than not! But it never happens when the kids are with us lol
And I love the Haunted Mansion shirt you bought!! I've never seen that one before!
Thank you! I didn't even see it down there last week but they have a cute Halloween pattern in the same style.
I've still never made it to Jock Lindsay's, but I definitely want to try that whenever we get back!!
OK as soon as you plan your next Disney trip I am going to remind you WEEKLY that you need to go to Jock's - no matter how far out you book 😃
FYI....not that it matters, just interesting.

The NBA didn't get their haircut in that booth. There was a hotel room that the players posted that was the real place to get your haircut. My son is a HUGE NBA fan and he follows many of them. I can't even imagine why they put that booth up for show.
Ooh that is interesting! I watched some of the players' vlogs intermittently but never saw anything about their haircuts and the boys didn't watch them. I do wonder why set this up then? Unless it was either for staff not players or the planned to use it but then decided they had enough empty resort rooms :rolleyes:

Nice relaxing last hours in Disney. I'm partial to sweet drinks and your apps sounded really good too.
Our last park day always seems to end up being relaxing which is nice!
Thanks for sharing...as usual enjoying living vicariously for those of us who can't get down there right now!! So much fun.
It's so fun down there now honestly, not that I don't want things back to normal of course but I honestly don't feel it's any less "fun" or special now and I do feel very lucky that we've been able to go.
Jock Lindsey’s always looks so good... it’s on the list of places I would like to try, but I go so infrequently I have no idea when it might happen.
Yeah but, you're PLANNING a trip! So add in to your ever changing plans a stop at Jock's, you won't regret it!

We always sit outside FYI, very nice water views 🌊

Sounds like a nice DS night. I love that drink at Jock Lindsay's and look forward to the days when I can drink it again lol

yet some things stay the same and under no circumstances can I finish a report in a timely manner.
:rolleyes1
So let me just say we had another fabulous trip celebrating Steve's 60th birthday
Good to hear!! :)
The GF is my 2nd favorite resort ever since, ya know, that time we were upgraded to the "Roy" suite in '18 :rolleyes1 BTW I will never stop referencing that in future TR's any time I can!
Nor should you. There are just some things that must be trumpeted loudly and often. ::yes::
There were like 2 CM's at the desk, that lobby person, like 1 CM in the open stores (not Basin which was closed ) - and us. SO sad and weird.
<cricket><cricket><cricket>
not your usual GF lobby feel and with the orchestra being let go.......well, let's keep this a happy update.
Yeah... hopefully they'll bring them back when (if?) things get back to a bit more normal.
we could see the NBA barbershop they'd recently put up. Hey, you can't make those buckets with bangs in your eyes!
Um... okay? Odd how this is a necessity...
And where did we end up in DS? A tried and true favorite, Jock Lindsey's!
Love that place!
My drink is on the sweet side but not crazy-so; goes down real easy and quick lol.
I'd be interested, but... not a rum fan.
Air Pirate's Pretzel
A Jumbo Everything Pretzel with Spicy German Mustard and Beer-Cheese Fondue
Yummmm!!
Snakebite Sliders
Gourmet Beef Sliders with Tomato-Bacon Jam, House-made Pickles, Shredded Lettuce, and Cheese
Those sound great! Might have to give them a whirl if I ever get down there again.
We left Jock's to this:

Looks like social distancing will not be a problem.
As we waltzed by Ghirardelli's it does what it often does and used its siren song to call us in:
::Yes::
Love the touch with the umbrella.
We have been saying for years we'll do this and still haven't; love that there are things that are still on our Disney "bucket list"!
::yes::
Loving all of that!
I've never had a pop socket on my phone before so believe me, I feel super cool and hip now :cool1:
:laughing:

Sounds like a nice DS night. I love that drink at Jock Lindsay's and look forward to the days when I can drink it again lol
It was! LOL I remember looking longingly and Steve and other friends drinking when I was pregnant :rotfl: Your time will come again!
Nor should you. There are just some things that must be trumpeted loudly and often. ::yes::
And the ROY DISNEY SUITE is one of them!
Um... okay? Odd how this is a necessity...
Seriously! Although @WishesQueen did say her DS saw on social media that they weren't actually getting haircuts there? So now no idea what this was about................
Might have to give them a whirl if I ever get down there again.
You'll get there again! Just takes Faith, Trust, and pixiedust:

Day 6: See Ya Real Soon!

And just like that our first post-COVID Disney trip was over 😢 Although we'd been to Universal in June and knew we'd more than likely be happy and comfortable with how Disney handled things it was nice for that to be confirmed - and FYI after our trip last week we still feel that they are doing a super good job.

So we woke up on our 5th and final morning with some time to kill before going back to MCO! Typically we try getting later flights on departure day and early flights on arrival day but it's a little harder when my mom is watching the kids or like this time when the boys were home by themselves for the first time. Those last flights out of Orlando to NY often get pushed back and we'll arrive after midnight; when we're supposed to be home by 8-9:00 mom will go home and I hate to have her return if our plane ends up being delayed that much since she's about 30 minutes away. I also didn't want to chance a cancelled flight and another night in Orlando (not that the boys would have minded). So today we were leaving at 1:40.

Last night when we returned from DS we made another breakfast reservation at Trattoria because seriously the food is THAT GOOD. Reservation was for 9:00 as we planned on calling our Lyft by 11.

I won't post our food since we got the same as we did the day before, except reversed: I had the omelet sans Sunday gravy while Steve got the pancakes. This time we were seated in view of the kitchen and noticed the chefs with their masks:

After another delicious breakfast we walked over to the BW general store; this was a sad sight as they were supposed to open that very day and still aren't running:

I gotta say this is definitely a $ thing because with the Swan, YC, BWV and BCV open they would certainly be utilized.

We reversed feet after the store and walked back passed Trattoria to get to BC. As we approached the cutoff to Epcot we saw some gardening/trimming being done

By now it was about 10:15 and I thought how weird it was to see work being done! This is the stuff that normally gets done late at night or super early in the morning and not when guests will be walking by. Is it a huge deal? No. Just something different and I assume they maybe cut the hours for these departments and they're no longer arriving as early?

Still about 45 mins to opening but a few guests straggling in to Epcot to wait

We went back to the room briefly to get our stuff and called our Lyft. We could have done ME and didn't feel uncomfortable doing so at all, but really hate getting to the airport so early. If we had used it we would have had to leave at about 10:30 and we ended up waiting until 11:15 and still arrived by noon. Between our June trip and what MCO looked like when we got down there this time, plus having TSA pre-check we figured the airport process would be quick.

Here's the TSA regular line when we got there:

It wasn't a much longer line last week!

With that our trip was done. The boys survived watching themselves which is great except for Ricky being away now lol and we had our September trip to look forward to! We also were so happy to see our friends Jenny and Joe @Jenny Sanders
I think we can all agree it was tough for awhile not being able to see local friends and family; it was a relief when I started seeing my friends at home but we all still wondered (and still do) when we'd see our far away friends. It's neve easy to say good-bye and the end of a trip with friends but not only would we be back in Sept., so would they!

Thank you as always for following along and more importantly this time thank you to so many of you for finding "me"! It's great to see some of you already over on my new dining report and I'll post a link here to my Sept. TR as soon as I start it
:thumbsup2

I know this update was a little on the boring side so let me leave you with something the kids and I spotted at MCO when we were returning from our July 2019 Disney trip - it'll keep you scratching your head - until next time!

FYI after our trip last week we still feel that they are doing a super good job.
Good to hear. Because people have been asking me and I've been reassuring them that everything I've been reading has said the same thing.
Typically we try getting later flights on departure day and early flights on arrival day
I try to get the flights that will get me there for a not obscene amount of money.
Those last flights out of Orlando to NY often get pushed back and we'll arrive after midnight; when we're supposed to be home by 8-9:00 mom will go home and I hate to have her return if our plane ends up being delayed that much since she's about 30 minutes away.
yeah, I can understand that.
Last night when we returned from DS we made another breakfast reservation at Trattoria because seriously the food is THAT GOOD.
Good! Must put this on my list. :)
This time we were seated in view of the kitchen
Love watching chefs do their thing!
:(
y now it was about 10:15 and I thought how weird it was to see work being done! This is the stuff that normally gets done late at night or super early in the morning and not when guests will be walking by. Is it a huge deal? No. Just something different and I assume they maybe cut the hours for these departments and they're no longer arriving as early?
I didn't think about that... you may be right!
Here's the TSA regular line when we got there:
Not surprised.
Our airport, which is nowhere near as big as MCO, went from an average passenger count of 13,000 down to a low of... 56.
Not 56 hundred... just 56.
I think we can all agree it was tough for awhile not being able to see local friends and family; it was a relief when I started seeing my friends at home but we all still wondered (and still do) when we'd see our far away friends.
<sigh> Yes...
Thank you as always for following along and more importantly this time thank you to so many of you for finding "me"!
Thanks for writing! Glad you left me some breadcrumbs to find you. :)
let me leave you with something the kids and I spotted at MCO when we were returning from our July 2019 Disney trip
Please tell me the ghost was chasing Mrs. Pacman??

and FYI after our trip last week we still feel that they are doing a super good job.
I agree 100%!!!! They have been doing awesome and there's no reason DL should still be closed...

we made another breakfast reservation at Trattoria because seriously the food is THAT GOOD.
I agree about this too. I've only done this as a character meal, but the food was delicious. We need to get back here, maybe February... 😁

We also were so happy to see our friends Jenny and Joe @Jenny Sanders
We were equally happy to see you and Steve. Love you!!!!:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter