Help! Amenities missing...

Bsmitty

Mouseketeer
I was on the amenities & gifts just yesterday to add the Christmas blanket/pillow gift to our sailing for my daughters. It needed to be my TA to add it. When I went back tonight to get the title of it to email to my TA to reserve for us, it’s now missing from the amenities list. Does anyone know what happened to it? Would it just be up & gone now, when it was there yesterday?

(It’s the one with the peppermint Mickey head pillow & white soft blanket with a saying in the shape of a tree).

I can see it. it is #1220
after you choose the port your sailing out of then under that you can choose Christmas Amenities
I chose Port Canaveral (& then tried other ports to figure out what happened). Can you try Port Canaveral & see if you still see it? Or tell me the title of that one? It should be $47.

now that i have looked again maybe this is not what you wanted.
Call them in the morning and see if they have any left. Its possible they technically sold out and might have a few left.

It is sold out. I called for our cruise on 12/2 and it is gone.

This is the biggest problem I have with the way Disney does their onboard gifts. We were on the Halloween cruise this year, *on Halloween*, and all of the Halloween gifts were sold out. The Halloween on the High Seas merchandise section in the stores was on closeout basically, because most of the merch was already gone. This was on the cruise that all the other cruises were basically imitating. It's ridiculous. For Christmas items to be sold out more than a *month* before Christmas is just plain stupid.

This is the biggest problem I have with the way Disney does their onboard gifts. We were on the Halloween cruise this year, *on Halloween*, and all of the Halloween gifts were sold out. The Halloween on the High Seas merchandise section in the stores was on closeout basically, because most of the merch was already gone. This was on the cruise that all the other cruises were basically imitating. It's ridiculous. For Christmas items to be sold out more than a *month* before Christmas is just plain stupid.
Totally agree...this is so dumb! I just wish I would’ve been able to order it without my TA. If I didn’t have that red tape, I could’ve had it. Oh well, that $450 onboard credit more than makes up for it, I guess!

Totally agree...this is so dumb! I just wish I would’ve been able to order it without my TA. If I didn’t have that red tape, I could’ve had it. Oh well, that $450 onboard credit more than makes up for it, I guess!

Why couldn't you not order it yourself? All you had to do was go into Disney Cruises online and submit the order. Since this does not get added to your booking, you can do this yourself.

Why couldn't you not order it yourself? All you had to do was go into Disney Cruises online and submit the order. Since this does not get added to your booking, you can do this yourself.

That's what I've been thinking... I don't need my TA to order stuff like water bottles or a fruit platter, do I?

I found out on my first Very Merry Time cruise that they only have a limited amount of the holiday items and that they sell out pretty quickly. I've learned to order early on holiday cruises if there's something I want. The bonus: if you don't get something you want this time, you just might have to take another cruise to get it next time!:)

A couple years ago I ordered a Frozen Christmas throw and pillow, but when I walked in the stateroom they had delivered an Olaf blanket instead - kind of a wrap for younger kids, but a little too young for my boys (although they still got all excited when they saw it). When I went to guest services to get them to replace it with what I had ordered, shoreside told them it was sold out. I was so disappointed! Eventually they somehow came up with one for me, but it made me realize that they could, in fact, run out of these seasonal amenities.

So I had been eyeing this (Seasons Dreams!) and kept putting off ordering it. Then someone posted a picture of this on my cruise meet group (for the 12/9 sailing of the Fantasy) and everyone got so excited I thought, I better order it now or it will sell out. I got my order in and sure enough, the next day someone posted they had sold out!!

I know it is frustrating, but if you think about it, if they order to much inventory of a seasonal product they have to hold onto it for another year. Then if they aren't planning to sell that product again the next year, and they don't make more, they advertise it and would have very few to sell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!