HELP AND QUICK

iluvdizknee

Live for my next trip to WDW
My daughter and boyfriend are in Disney and we just found out he is proposing to her tomorrow night after the parade and before the fireworks.
I want to send something to the room last tomorrow night or early Saturday morning. I called the hotel and they have nothing to offer. Disney floral and gifts are to expensive and I don't want flowers. They are leaving Sunday.
Any suggestions?

Where are they staying? If they are at a deluxe you may be able to call the private dining line and have something delivered. It won't be cheap though. If you want something delivered directly to the room, you have to go through Disney. All other gift delivery services deliver to bell services at the resort.

Just FYI, when you “call the hotel” you are not really calling anyone actually AT that hotel. Just a central call center somewhere... and I hate to be negative, but on Thanksgiving day it might not be staffed with the most responsive CMs out there (hope no one takes offense to that comment).

IMHO Disney F&G is probably the way to go. Anything you do on quick notice like this is going to be expensive. F&G has a lot of stuff that isn’t flowers and at various price points (although yes, many are way up there in price).

Early congrats to your daughter.... very exciting! Hope you can figure something out!

I actually wouldn't do anything until you hear from them officially. I'd hate to ruin the surprise if the plans change for some reason.
I was going to say this. It's a private moment. You don't know how it will play out, or how they want to handle it. She might not be happy that you know before she does, and she might want to tell you, and share her excitement, sending something might spoil that?

I would have been irate. So I agree.

Then again no boyfriend who wanted to be more would have done a public proposal to me anyway, so let’s hope the guy knows the IP’s daughter well in more ways than one!

Bingo! I've heard more than once of women who felt like with it being public they had to say yes, then trying to figure out how to get out of it.

Regarding the you knowing, I mean, I guess if she's traditional in that she'd expect him to ask for your blessing, she'd know that you knew, but still. Let them have their moment and celebrate later.

As a mom its hard to take the first step back... when my now SIL approached me to ask for my blessing,

Quick side bar.... Yep my daughter is very traditional ... she told him he had to ask me (her mom) and not her Dads ( ex-DH and my DH who has been her Dad), I raised her and it was my right not her Dads.

So when he approached me to ask... It hit me that now she would leaning on him... It felt like my heart was being ripped from my chest... I was so happy for her, but still as a mom I wanted to be involved... But then I realized that this was her moment and that she would want to share it with me... so I stepped back and let her....

I would wait... then maybe plan something for when they come home...maybe incorporating Disney into the theme... maybe get them a engagement ornament for the tree this year they have a cute one with Mickey and Minnie sitting in a engagement ring. Mickey head shaped cookies and give her mickey head cookie cutter with her favorite cookie recipe attached...

As a mom its hard to take the first step back... when my now SIL approached me to ask for my blessing,

Quick side bar.... Yep my daughter is very traditional ... she told him he had to ask me (her mom) and not her Dads ( ex-DH and my DH who has been her Dad), I raised her and it was my right not her Dads.

So when he approached me to ask... It hit me that now she would leaning on him... It felt like my heart was being ripped from my chest... I was so happy for her, but still as a mom I wanted to be involved... But then I realized that this was her moment and that she would want to share it with me... so I stepped back and let her....

I would wait... then maybe plan something for when they come home...maybe incorporating Disney into the theme... maybe get them a engagement ornament for the tree this year they have a cute one with Mickey and Minnie sitting in a engagement ring. Mickey head shaped cookies and give her mickey head cookie cutter with her favorite cookie recipe attached...

It is hard to take that first step back. I love the engagement ornament idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!