HELP! California Airports...

MATTERHORN

<font color=purple>HA HA take that all of you unco
We are driving to Disneyland (always drive) from Las Vegas on Feb 14th. Problem is that we are meeting friends there, but DH cannot get the 14th off of work now. I don't want him to miss the trip entirely and it's only about $50 one way from Vegas to CA, and then he will drive home with us. I have three questions though:

1. How far is SNA:
LAX:
Ontario:

And which do you recommend he flies into?? (they are about the same price give or take $5.)

2. The flights arrive around 7:30 or 9 or 10:30 (don't want any later than that so we don't miss most of the day at the park!) Which flight time would be best so that if I go pick him up, we don't sit in rush hour traffic for two hours to get back to the hotel?

3. Should I even bother to pack all three kids up to go get him, or is there a better less time consuming way? Should he take a shuttle and meet us at the hotel? Do you just walk out to a shuttle, or do you need a reservation?

Thanks so much for all your help, I am familiar with everything except the airports!

Andrea

Of the three SNA is a lot closer. also, it is easy to get a shuttle to the hotel, so no need to pack up all the kids. Last year the shuttle trip from SNA to DLH was about 15-20 minutes.

SNA is the closest by far. To get there from Disneyland if need be, take the 5 South to the 55 South to 405 South, and get off at Macarthur. It really is only about a 20-30 minute drive in good conditions. I would just have him take a shuttle though. I think it would be easier overall, but as I said those are the directions to get there if you want to pick him up.

DSis flies from Oakland to meet us at DL. SNA is BY FAR the better choice! The planes are almost always delayed at LAX, and the airport is a madhouse. SNA is closer, and they have always been on time.

DSis either takes a shuttle, or rents a car. I can't imagine putting my 3 kids in the car on their weekend vacation and making them go to the airport! :crazy2: Not even for their beloved Aunt Jill!!!!! I'd rather pay for her shuttle if I had to.

Not sure how current this information may be - but it helped me make my decision to use Orange County.

Airport/Ground Transport - info from the DIS

I think we wil be taking a taxi - we like quick and price seems to be comparable with the shuttle since there are four of us!

Best wishes -

Okay so thank you to everyone. I have decided on your advice for DH to fly into SNA, and take the shuttle to meet us. Now do we have to make reservations with a company, or are there just shuttles waiting there all the time? Also do they make continuous trips or is there certain times or a place to find a schedule? Thanks so much, with a 5 and 2 year old and a 3 month old, I DID NOT want to have to pack them up just to go get him.

Andrea

CarolMN said:
Not sure how current this information may be - but it helped me make my decision to use Orange County.

Airport/Ground Transport - info from the DIS

I think we wil be taking a taxi - we like quick and price seems to be comparable with the shuttle since there are four of us!

Best wishes -

Thank you, I just checked this out and so I will have him take the Super Shuttle to the hotel. It looks to be $10, is that correct? It doesn't seem like very much! It would cost me almost that in gas to go get him!!!

So just follow the signs and a shuttle will be waiting there at all times?

Andrea

We used Super Shuttle in June . It was great. Yes it's only $10, but add a couple in for a tip. There are some sitting there, but they do ask you call and reserve one since it is not as large of an airport as LAX. It doesn't cost anything. You can go to their website and make a ressie for him to be picked up....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter