• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! Curtain Making for a Non-Sew'er

soozaay

2 excited 2 sleep
I'm thinkin of making curtains and am trying to decide if I should drag out the sewing machine or make no-sew curtains.
Any suggestions?

I've never used the no sew option, so no advice for you there.
Curtains are pretty easy to make and I've made alot of them for our home using the sewing machine. Shouldn't take too long. Do you have an idea of the style you want?

I can't sew for the life of me....I just made no sew curtains for our playhouse my father-in-law built. They aren't perfect but look cute. Plus if they hold up against kids in the playhouse they work for me. however I made 2 small windows and 2medium sz windows. I spent over $60.00 for materials. I probably could have just bought them for that price at walmart. sry if I'm not much help

I do agree with daisy2jae - it does end up being pretty costly to make the curtains. If I want something in a fabric that I cannot find in ready-made curtains, I will make them, but if I'm looking for something basic/in a basic color, I'll just pick them up at Target. I just bought curtains for my bedroom at Target for 19.99 a panel. They have a insulated backing and are very nice.
I wanted to make a play tent for DD's bedroom this summer - just like the one in the Land of Nod catalog for $99. I thought I could make it for so much less, but it ended up costing me about $65 to make it. After all the time and effort involved I was thinking that the $99 price wasn't so bad!

I can't sew in a straight line (and I can't cut straight either:rolleyes1 ) so no-sew sounds good - how do you do that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter