Help for Disney Sceptic

DISLOVE

Mouseketeer
Hey all... I desperately want to return to the World this year but there are several road blocks I must overcome. And I need
help!

The first one is my husband... a Disney World fan (but not as fanatical as me) thinks we should take a year off from the trip
so we can save for a house. I agreed, at first, but now the withdrawls are kicking in. I NEED to go. Anyone ever convince
their spouse to go? I need tips, and fast

Also, I think I could convince him if we could get his parents to go (they have never been) because we have wanted them to go for a long time. His mom wants to go, his dad no interest. But I know he would love it if he just went. Any ideas on how to get him on a plane?

Thanks for your input! :)

to see a post go unanswered so here is my 2 cents for what it is worth...
Why not ask your MIL if you and her would like to go...that way you don't have to listen to grumbling hubbies not having a good time.

I know how your feeling I have a DH who isn't as fanatical as I am but is still a very good sport about going....
Good luck!

if that would work out. It would be less painful financially if you were both paying your own way.
So you can still save for your new home.

I'm the one who initiated our trip to Disneyland. It's our very first trip as a family. DH was there 6 or 7 years ago with his folks but DD (2) and I have never been. I wanted to go sooo badly. DH agreed if I could find a way to do it inexpensively. This means staying offsite and eating in your room, etc., etc. This trip is going to require even more scrimping and saving. We just bought a car last week so we're driving to DL instead of flying. That there will save us close to $1000. Mother in law and father in law are driving as well but they're driving from ND with their airstream trailer. That's where we're going to be staying for the week. In an RV park, outside of DL, in a camper, not a hotel. That is saving us about $550 for the week. So I think as long as you can convince your DH that you can do this on the cheap and STILL save money for the house he'll be more willing to go. Tell your mother in law to work on father in law since that will mean more savings for you as well. You'll be able to split the cost of the hotel room. Good luck and I hope you can convice your DH to go!!

DISLOVE,

Sounds like we are the same person, every year I get the itch to go to Disney. Hubby thinks we should go "other" places than Disney. The way I get him to go sometimes is to overload him with Disney. I talk about it constantly!! Hubby is a big restaurant lover of Disney. So I when hubby says what do you want for breakfast I say, I want the Cape May Cafe breakfast buffet(his all time favorite). The more I talk about it the more I notice him starting to talk about it.

Maybe you could talk to your mother in law and create a plan, you both talk to hubby about it. REsearch to get a really good rate on a hotel. Maybe he will feel better if you got a cheap rate on a hotel. Plan out your meals and then tell him how much you think it will cost.

Get some brochures and show him some websites, maybe he will then get the itch!!!

Thanks for all of your replies.... I think I just want too much out of life. A beautiful house, a baby, and yearly (if not twice per
year, thank you very much) to Disney World.

I have my eye on a new job and I'm hoping it will get me 3K more a year and if so, then guess who gets to go without
a single fuss from the hubby!

As for traveling alone with the mother in law,.... well.... how can I say... I think not. :rolleyes:

She is a wonderful woman.... but if I spend too much time with her I might just tell her how much she aggravates me from time to time. Don't really want to go down that road. Besides, she doesn't do the fast rides so I'd have to do the Mtns and Rockn Roller Coaster alone.... :(

Has anyone ever gone to Disney, stayed in Disney, for a week or so for under 2000.....for two adults?? I'm a good planner and have done well with discounts and such but I haven't been able to beat that.

Thanks all!

Consider staying at Ft. Wilderness. That's what we're doing for our upcoming trip, and it will save us a lot on food and lodging, but we're still in the middle of it all, and Ft. Wilderness itself has a lot of fun stuff like campfire programs, horseback riding, boat rental, etc.

You can get a campsite for $40 a night (or less). We plan to take food for breakfast with us (just drinks and donuts, snack cakes, etc.). We also plan to eat dinner there twice of the four nights we will be there... the afternoon we first get there, and another night when we plan to hang out at River Country (water park at the campground) and the campsite (hayride, campfire, electrical water pageant).

You can still do special Disney dining at lunchtime, and it's cheaper than at dinnertime.

Also, whether you camp or not, take snacks with you into the park.

You can save money on souvenirs by stopping by the outlet stores first. There are 3 that sell merchandise from the parks. A lot of times it is out of season stuff or whatever did not sell well, but you can get some great deals, and it gets some of the shopping out of your system so that you're less likely to go crazy in the parks or at Downtown Disney.

Also, buying annual passes is a great idea if you go at least once a year. Just go slightly earlier next year than you do this year, so that your pass is still good for it. We plan to use our passes next month, sometime later this year, and then in May or June of next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter