HELP! Info on BWV & Dinner Shows!

Princess49

<font color=CC3333>It's a great big beautiful tomo
We are going to be in WDW from Jan 3 - Jan 15. The first night we're going to be there we have ressies for the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue for the 9pm show. Here's my problem... Apparently the Miami Hurricanes are having a National Championship Game that night at 8pm. My boyfriend is flipping out that he will miss the last part of this game. (I have been trying to covince him that the outcome of the game will be the same whether he is glued to the tv or not, but he is a typical male :)) Please keep in mind that I made these ressies SOOO long ago & chose the late show so that there wouldn't be a lot of kids around & I am NOT cancelling this show. Here are my questions that will hopefully lead to a solution!

1- When I called & made our ressie I remember the CM saying that your table is based on when you made your ressie, not when you get there. I've been to the Poly Luau it was priority seating, but from what I could tell the first people to show up got the first tables & they worked their way back. How does it work for the HDDMR( is that a real abbreviation or did I make that up?:))

2- A)I know that there are 3 shows nightly, what are the other 2 times & apprx how long does the show last? B) Do most of the kids go to the first show or are they at the second show too? (please don't think we have a problem with kids- we just think the shows are more fun with mostly adults)

3- We're staying at a studio in BWV- is there a VCR- if so, can we leave it to tape the game? If not, can we rent a VCR for the night?

Thank you so much in advance for any help anyone might have! As it is- he just told me that it's also the NFL play-offs while we're going to be there-- I've been planning this trip for MONTHS- the last thing I want to do is watch football in WDW!!! Thanks again!

No VCR's in the studios, only the 1- and 2-bedrooms and grand villas.

The HDD show is the same, whether you have a lot of kids or not. It is scripted, not like the Comedy Warehouse where it is spontaneous. You check in when you get there, but are not seated until they open the doors. It doesn't matter when you get there, it matters when you make your reservation. Your table assignment is set when you make your reservation.

Princess,
Your BF is being a little presumptuous that Miami will be playing in the Fiesta Bowl on Jan. 3. While it is a very good possibility, it is by no means etched in stone that they will be in the National Championship game. They still have 2 more games to play and will probably have to win them both to get to the Fiesta Bowl. They shouldn't have any problem against Syracuse this week (but they do have to play in the Carrier Dome in Syracuse which is no easy task). Virginia Tech the next week will not be a cakewalk for them however. So, who knows, you may not have to worry about it - just secretly root for Miami to lose and try to look disappointed if it happens!
Have fun at the HDDR!
Ted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter