HELP! Is October good time to go to WDW??

jwolfe

Earning My Ears
Any help given will be desperately appreciated!!!! We are possibly considering going to WDW on the week of October 7th. Can anyone give suggestions on whether this is a good time to go or not? I was told park attendance was considerably lower during this month and we have fall break with our school system then.....so we thought it would be a good time to go. But......if the parks are usually really crowded during this time, I don't think I want to go then.....I've also looked into hotels and am still unsure about whether to stay in or outside disney. I've been reading the threads about them but if anyone wants to offer any advice on that also, I'd be grateful!!!

Thanks!
Juli

Hi jwolfe...as a native Floridian, I have to say Oct. is my favorite time of year, and one of the best, if not the best, time to go to WDW. Esp. the time frame you're talking about. Later, towards Halloween, I think it gets more crowded because of the Halloween party they have. But the weather is spectacular then. Not too hot, not too cold. As far as the hotels go, I keep hearing once you stay onsite, you'll never settle for less. I myself don't agree, but we are in the position where we can go 2 to 3 times a month without having to spend the night. When we do splurge, we take our travel trailer and stay off property. I'd rather have the extra cash, but that's just my point of view. We can stay 4 nights offsite versus 1 night onsite. But if you have it in your budget, and you don't get to see the Big Cheese often, I'm sure many here would tell you to check into their hotels.
Hope I helped with the seasonal question, maybe someone else will stop by to point you into the right direction as far as your lodging is concerned.

Thanks so much!!!! That really helps! I'm so glad that is a good time to go. I know Disney says that's not a peak time, but you never know :-). Makes it better to hear it from someone who knows. I think we will stay off-property because we can stay in a really nice hotel way cheaper. Now I just have to convince my hubby to go, who I'm sad to say is NOT a Disney fan!!

:cool: Juli

I'm with Magickndm on the lodging issue. I had 4 nights booked at Port Orleans Riverside, and 1 night at Boardwalk. The Courtyard Marriott $25/night rate came, and I snatched it up!!!

The main reason to stay on property seems to be the "magic" component. I LOVE Disney, but I definitely do have my fill during the day, and don't mind having a dose of non-Disney at night. By my logic, if I'm in a hotel, that means I'm on vacation, and being on vacation makes me happy! :)

It sounds like you've already decided to stay off-property, but I think anyway you choose, it's going to be a wonderful vacation.

Because I'll be there!! :)

I'm thinking I'm hitting it just at the right time. Not too hot, still nice enough for an evening swim maybe, before all of the Halloween stuff and the Food and Wine Festival (and some other special event I read about ??). I'll still be there on Colombus Day - so that's the only one I'm a bit concerned about.

We went several years ago the end of October and into the first few days of November. It was our very favorite time that we've went. We took off school, and I'm a teacher, so that wasn't pleasant getting the time off. But once in WDW, I forgot about the guilt and had a fabulous time. Perfect weather, no crowds, walk onto rides. Go!! You'll never regret it. I just wish I was going too!! Have fun and know you made a very wise decision. Pomcoach:bounce:

I don't think there is any special events then. As for staying on or offsite. For me with $25 at DTD is a great deal. With the killing os early entry for me. Yes I did use it. There is no reason to stay onsite if you have to watch your pennies. Have a great trip.
Dave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter