Help me choose a Resort!

GF has great landscaping. ( First choice) WL also has very nice grounds. (second choice) YC/BC have NO grounds to speak of unless you count the very large pool area that is Storm Along Bay.(third choice) All three resorts are beautiful and unique. I didn't include the Poly because you said that you wanted somewhere new and you have already stayed there. Otherwise Poly would be first choice, IMO. BWI not an option if you don't want the clown pool, although you can avoid it and just use the quiet pool. No grounds either, however.

Enjoy wherever you stay!

Considering where you have already stayed, BC or YC would be my first suggestion. Others have said they don't have grounds - but I don't feel that's true. Their grounds are just different because of the large pool complex and the fact that the hotel itself is all one building instead of the separate buildings you would find at Poly or PO. It's supposed to be a beachy/nautical theme, and their grounds reflect that, just as the Polynesian grounds reflect a tropical getaway. You can't beat being within walking distance of two parks either. It's nice to have the BW just across the lake to wander through too, and there is such a wide variety of restaurants within walking distance (especially considering the Swan and Dolphin restaurants as well).

I would also consider WL to be a solid second choice as far as theming and grounds are concerned, but the pool may not be exactly what you're looking for. If you are considering water park tickets, that may not matter, but if the resort pool is critical, YC/BC would definitely have the better pool. But for immersive theming you can't really beat WL. I love WL for non-park weekends (and I have an AP), to just enjoy the ambiance and rent boats on the lake and go over to FW to partake in the activities there as well.

For landscaping, the GF is the best—-the grounds and flower beds are just gorgeous and you are right on the lagoon—-but the WL is also a beautiful resort with its thorough replication of the Northwest right down to the geyser. While both have good pools, the BC/YC pool is unlike any other, but the grounds won’t be as incredible.

Only have 3 nights in May to visit daughter in college program. We’ve stayed years ago (over eight) at Polynesian, Contrmporary, Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom, and Old Key West..want to try one we’ve never hit:

1. Pretty grounds (love the landscaping)
2. Nice pool with slide..daughter’s are 18/19 they love slides.

Which would be your top three?
Four Seasons (okay I am cheating) how about Yacht Club

These are all gorgeous!! I would LOVE to stay at any of these!! DD keeps checking the HUB and so far, only Caribbean Beach Resort is showing availability, hoping as it gets closer they'll have more rooms open up. Even with her discount, some of these were running $350 a night! EEEK! Where are the good old days when we scored Animal Kingdom lodge for $129 a night! :( :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter