Help me decide!!! Festival of Arts? F&W?

butsy113

AKV Owner
I am planning a girls trip and here are the 2 options. What would you do and why??:

1. October- I would stay for 6n/7d (hopefully OKW studio, I have a waitlist, otherwise SSR for 5n/6d), and my friends would join me for 4n/5d. We would do 2 days at EP for F&W and one at MK, AK, HS while they are there. I would do MNSSHP solo. Uses 64 points.

2. February- Me and at least one friend would do AKV studio for 6n/7d. 2 other friends would be there for part of the time, if not the whole time. We would do at least 2 days at the Festival of Arts. This would be the week of my birthday, not President's weekend or Princess half. Uses 61 points.

I am not a big drinker, but love food, lol. I have not been to either festival. It really looks like they both have great food and even drinks. We are not worried about the size of the room.

Have they announced dates for Festival of Arts? I thoroughly enjoyed that festival this year, I loved the Broadway singers.

Weather was horrible for some of the weekend we were there and I caught the flu, so we really experienced one great day.

I do enjoy the Halloween parties.

Would you ask your friends for their input?

Have they announced dates for Festival of Arts? I thoroughly enjoyed that festival this year, I loved the Broadway singers.

Weather was horrible for some of the weekend we were there and I caught the flu, so we really experienced one great day.

I do enjoy the Halloween parties.

Would you ask your friends for their input?

One doesn't care, one would choose October, and one would choose February :confused3 They don't make things easy!, lol! They haven't announced dates for Festival of the Arts, but I should be safe February 9-15 for at least some of the days. I have to say I'm leaning towards February. If my waitlist doesn't come through I have one less day in October. I also would love to have a reason to be in FL in February instead of IL. I have not been to either festival though, so I have no way to compare them. The art festival seems to have a lot of great food and drink, and I would be interested in some of the seminars. Food & Wine kiosks sound great to eat at. I'm at a loss :confused3

Food and wine festival, hands down. I was at F&W in November and the FOTA in January. No desire to go to FOTA again.

I prefer F&W over Fest of Arts.

If you are interested in spring time, I think Flower & Garden is much better than Arts:
Beautiful landscapes, better food, still good music acts.

I love the food and wine. So my first choice would be to go in October. I would also make it a park hopper so I could get dinner there each night. I would also try to stay at the Beach/Yacht Club or the Boardwalk.

I really enjoyed Festival of the Arts, but I haven't been to F&W, so I can't compare. These were some of the things I liked:

- Broadway singers (only wish the concert were longer!)
- Artists creating pieces around World Showcase
- Drawing lessons (similar to what they used to have in Hollywood Studios)
- Food stands
- Photo ops "inside" paintings

There is a lot of great Disney art at the festival. It would be nice to see a little more non-Disney art there as well.

Since you are planning only 2 days for either festival I think both are good options. There will be plenty of food to enjoy. It all depends on whether you want to attend MNSSHP or get out of the cold during the winter.

Food & Wine, hands down, is the best. Flower & Garden (F&G) second, and Festival of the Arts a distant third. Festival of the Arts is Disney's lame attempt to fill in the low attendance period between Christmas and F&G.

Food & Wine, hands down, is the best. Flower & Garden (F&G) second, and Festival of the Arts a distant third. Festival of the Arts is Disney's lame attempt to fill in the low attendance period between Christmas and F&G.

I’m going to F&W for the first time this year, after having been to the Arts and F&G festivals (which I love). Curious what makes F&W the best? Is it a larger variety of food and drinks? The concerts?

I’m going to F&W for the first time this year, after having been to the Arts and F&G festivals (which I love). Curious what makes F&W the best? Is it a larger variety of food and drinks? The concerts?

Flower & Garden is my favorite! I think we especially prefer Flower & Garden with kids (especially young kids) because of the topiaries, butterfly garden, and playground. Food & Wine was fun when it was just the two of us since we did some of the seminars, special meals, and the Party for the Senses, and also loved the half marathon when it was at night. Haven't been to Festival of the Arts yet but hope to at some point since I love the Wonderground Gallery at DD and it seems like a larger-scale version of that.

Concerts, special events with celebrity chefs, and the larger variety of food and wine choices.

F&G is great if you're into horticulture, and now with the expanded eats, a good alternative to F&W if you're not interested in the celebrity chefs and concerts.

I always went to the talks and workshops. Flower and Garden has less appeal to me now.:guilty:

Did FoA last two years, had thot it’d pick up this year attendance wise but still very do-able even on weekends...unlink F&W

We used to love F&W in October and did it every year, but the crowds have been getting worse and worse. We’re still going this September though as it is a very fun fwestival! However, that said, we are planning a special trip in February so we can get to FoA. Everything I’ve seen from others looks so fun, plus you still get the food aspect of F&W. Less people, cooler temps, plus that interactive painting mural, if they still do it next year, looks like so much fun!

I will say that I agree with others that F&G is a great time to go as well. We go in early May for my birthday and it’s always gorgeous, crowds are manageable, and the weather is generally gorgeous.

Won't return to F&W--super crowded, lots of food but it's just OK and expensive on top of admission fee, concert acts are getting more obscure each year, LOTS of drunk people...

F&G is lovely, worth going once but very little changes from year to year; also has limited food booths, concerts vary...

FOA also has some food booths; the atmosphere is like a high end juried art and craft fair note that not all art is Disney-related, the Broadway-style concert we saw was barely OK--five songs (two obscure ones) by two performers that were in Tarzan on Broadway 15 years ago and that was Disney's worst performing show that didn't last long.

Both are fun. I prefer the fall weather in Orlando vs the spring. Spring can be very cool. We just returned from a week at Disney and the morning temps were in the 40’s!

I am planning a girls trip and here are the 2 options. What would you do and why??:

1. October- I would stay for 6n/7d (hopefully OKW studio, I have a waitlist, otherwise SSR for 5n/6d), and my friends would join me for 4n/5d. We would do 2 days at EP for F&W and one at MK, AK, HS while they are there. I would do MNSSHP solo. Uses 64 points.

2. February- Me and at least one friend would do AKV studio for 6n/7d. 2 other friends would be there for part of the time, if not the whole time. We would do at least 2 days at the Festival of Arts. This would be the week of my birthday, not President's weekend or Princess half. Uses 61 points.

I am not a big drinker, but love food, lol. I have not been to either festival. It really looks like they both have great food and even drinks. We are not worried about the size of the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter